opinion

Being a Gaga fan can be hard..

Dancing Shadow

Featured Posts

Dancing Shadow

all the stuff going on right now, people questioning gagas morals, the general lack of her addressing things...

it can be hard to go thru as a DIE HARD little monster.

I love Gaga and her music, I will always be grateful that her and her music exists! Im hungry for a new album but im not *starving* im not bitter, so this isnt rlly the kind of thing that u might expect from posts titled this..

Its hard because Im kinda sad that while under her leadership she has employed someone that has caused many people pain... I dont think its Gagas fault for you know who's actions but... Its just rough to see. 

People questioning her morals is also hard because.. i really look up to her. She inspires me when I cant find the light inside myself. The kindness that she preaches has helped me understand the importance of listening to and being more than tolerant of others. What if one day... everything that I look up to is revealed to be a lie? that is my fear, and while I dont think it will happen... Im still scared....... *the what if*

The lack of addressing things/social media presence is hard for me because I missed out on the early days when she was more active and vocal about things. I know for many of it this part is a bit different, you were around. I just regret being gone and i honestly hope one day, if she can do it healthily, we get another era where TONS of things happen again! 

this might sound dramatic but Gagas music/Personality has had a serious impact on me... i wouldve never survived the pandemic without it. How do you guys feel about all of the what ifs and do you have any fears? 

(please dont drag gaga in this thread, this is not a hate thread but just a place to express how this is affecting us emotionally, it cant be easy for some of u because we are fans and most of us have been for a long time, I feel alone in expressing this, so I hope others, who are comfortable with it, express themselves too)

Edited by SevenAteNine
"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"
  • Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

Didymus

I've been around for a loooong time here and people have been having these kind of inner conflicts ever since 2013.

Almost all fans, incl me, have experienced some kind of great inner expansion discovering her and her work at whatever time they discover her. We felt a part of us was seen and cultivated. It's, embarrassingly, like falling in love. You project and you sublimate and then reality kicks in and you freak out.

Gaga has had that journey herself. She drowned herself in her "artiste" identity for years, soaked up the gifts it had to offer, and then crashed. And crashed again. And a few times more. She's had to integrate the ugly side of all this and find a way to go on. Most likely she relates to her career mostly as a business now, and focuses on her personal well-being and values elsewhere.

I'd say it's wise to do the same from a fan's perspective. What you enjoy about her work is far more interesting than the idea of being her supporter. Being in this community is far more fun than imagining being her friend. Being and cultivating yourself is far more valuable than projecting it onto someone else's business.

My only bitterness is about Gaga knowing she has (had) the effect she has on her fans and not offering a clear transition or any form of guidance. That may sound dramatic but she was dramatic in presenting herself as a maternal archetype to people who usually felt ostracized and alone. I don't think she allowed herself to see she was essentially rolling out a commercial strategy and is still benefiting from it.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Dancing Shadow
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I've been around for a loooong time here and people have been having these kind of inner conflicts ever since 2013.

Almost all fans, incl me, have experienced some kind of great inner expansion discovering her and her work at whatever time they discover her. We felt a part of us was seen and cultivated. It's, embarrassingly, like falling in love. You project and you sublimate and then reality kicks in and you freak out.

Gaga has had that journey herself. She drowned herself in her "artiste" identity for years, soaked up the gifts it had to offer, and then crashed. And crashed again. And a few times more. She's had to integrate the ugly side of all this and find a way to go on. Most likely she relates to her career mostly as a business now, and focuses on her personal well-being and values elsewhere.

I'd say it's wise to do the same from a fan's perspective. What you enjoy about her work is far more interesting than the idea of being her supporter. Being in this community is far more fun than imagining being her friend. Being and cultivating yourself is far more valuable than projecting it onto someone else's business.

My only bitterness is about Gaga knowing she has (had) the effect she has on her fans and not offering a clear transition or any form of guidance. That may sound dramatic but she was dramatic in presenting herself as a maternal archetype to people who usually felt ostracized and alone. I don't think she allowed herself to see she was essentially rolling out a commercial strategy and is still benefiting from it.

obviously im not her friend and i dont really ever think that way but, i like being a supporter though because it helps me feel connected to the fanbase and irl im just a really supportive person, internally i root for people idek cuz i hate to see people fail or have no one backing them.. 

its nice to be a part of something and to celebrate together with other fans! 

i agree with you completely though. ive just never had a role model, and now that i do, like u said that transition is hard.

it is really interesting you bring up how she used to be vs now, because i think when celebrities go that "im your paternal figure" way, it can help a lot but it can also hurt a lot. It can help make kids/peeps feel less alone and if the idol is a good person it can help them absorbed good qualities (kindness, facination of art, etc) but it can also cause a lot of delusion and dangerous behavior.

• Like 1

Dancing Shadow
23 minutes ago, Didymus said:

how would she acknowledge it? what approach do u think would be satisfying to those kinds of fans? or atleast help them?

/gen question

• Like 1

Schizophonic

i can go back a long time and it really was hard in 2008-2013/14/15 when all we heard was "she is just an attention h******" - "she cant sing" - "she is ugly" -"she is has a ****" - "without her gimicks she is nothing" - "look at adele, she can sing and has talent" - "she only has 15 minutes of hype" - "we seen this before, madonnacopy" 

that was really a hard time because people were seriously questioning her talent a lot and people literally said it's embarrassing to be a fan, people laughed about her and the fandom and a big amount of people didnt took her seriously at all...

now she is generally loved and appreciated like noone else in the business... but weve been trough a lot 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Dancing Shadow
41 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

i can go back a long time and it really was hard in 2008-2013/14/15 when all we heard was "she is just an attention h******" - "she cant sing" - "she is ugly" -"she is has a ****" - "without her gimicks she is nothing" - "look at adele, she can sing and has talent" - "she only has 15 minutes of hype" - "we seen this before, madonnacopy" 

that was really a hard time because people were seriously questioning her talent a lot and people literally said it's embarrassing to be a fan, people laughed about her and the fandom and a big amount of people didnt took her seriously at all...

now she is generally loved and appreciated like noone else in the business... but weve been trough a lot 

i cant imagine how hard that mustve been :0  its so lame that people thought that just because she was theatrical that she had no talent.. smh

Brizel

💯- it’s like fans are mourning the old Gaga who was a maternal figure who made people feel less alone, to the new distant business woman Gaga. 

She’s obviously being distant to protect her mental health and keeping it business like, but I’m confused how her brand was mother monster and kindness but she doesn’t seem to be very motherly in recent years. 

It’s very confusing being a fan of hers right now. 

• Like 2

Starmie25

Here's my few cents on this issue. Keep in mind I became a fan during Joanne era - 

- From a commercial standpoint, Gags career is the best it's been in since probably BTW/ASIB. And judging from her instagram post last year she's doing a lot better creativity and most importantly mentally and physically!  

- She's still trying to fight the serious causes even if its not 24/7. It was a very strange time in 2020 but she herself was fully was out there in using her platform and connections during the pandemic/BLM, but most fans tend to gloss over that which is disappointing.

- Stefani obviously still cares about her fans. She does c'mon! More in quality over quantity moments which is fair. It's sad though the amount of fans the last few years questioned her authenticity just because she enjoyed exploring other avenues and was enjoying a more, private life outside of fame/social media. 

- The situation with the dancers definitely needs to be sorted privately and professionally. Y'all need to stop expecting her to make a notes app statement. There's probably a whole lot of layers to this issue.

- In the end, Gags doesn't always get it right, but her heart is in the right place. 

:vegas:

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25
4 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

can go back a long time and it really was hard in 2008-2013/14/15 when all we heard was "she is just an attention h******" - "she cant sing" - "she is ugly" -"she is has a ****" - "without her gimicks she is nothing" - "look at adele, she can sing and has talent" - "she only has 15 minutes of hype" - "we seen this before, madonnacopy" 

That type of mindset has switched dramatically in music culture thankfully. 

I've never understood the "she's ugly" comments tbh. And obviously Madonna was a big influence, but she proved so many times she's more than just a "madonnacopy". 

People are just far too selective. So, with Gaga shes copying? Yet when it comes someone like The Weeknd he's "not copying but honouring MJ" or even Bruno. I dunno..

• Like 2

Schizophonic
2 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

That type of mindset has switched dramatically in music culture thankfully. 

I've never understood the "she's ugly" comments tbh. And obviously Madonna was a big influence, but she proved so many times she's more than just a "madonnacopy". 

People are just far too selective. So, with Gaga shes copying? Yet when it comes someone like The Weeknd he's "not copying but honouring MJ" or even Bruno. I dunno..

Just for understanding…. I never thought any of the things I wrote, that was never my opinion but from the GP. 

• Like 1

Starmie25
13 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

Just for understanding…. I never thought any of the things I wrote, that was never my opinion but from the GP. 

I'm aware.

GP* 

• Like 1

Red

I'm not trying to sound rude or cunty or shady, read my words with love and care but honestly, I used to feel this way before I had a job. I mean, when you don't have any real responsibility, Gaga's career, what she does, what she says, what people think of her looks like a real problem. Have a real problem and then Gaga's career will be Gaga's career and you just listen to the music and life is beautiful :vegas:

I guess we all met her when we were teenagers and we have this vision of Gaga as a sacred being and we're so afraid of her not being this pristine kind angel fairy but as time goes by each one of us will learn that she's a grown woman, she knows what she's doing, she has a lot of talents but she has a lot of flaws, LG7 is coming when it's coming, she's gonna promote when she feels like promoting, she's gonna have some YAASSS moments, she's gonna have problematic moments, Born This Way is iconic, Chromatica slaps, LG7 will snatch our wigs and everything is okay :firega:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Jarvin

I don't really care anymore. Ive been a fan since 2012. She is not a mother figure anymore, but I understand. Even she herself distances herself from it (subconsciously). I remember a tweet 'some of you have called me mother monster over the years'. She is almost 40. A lot of Gaga being overly involved with fans must have resolved around her escapism as a reaction to her trauma. The performance art, sleeping in heels, sharing every detail of her life on LittleMonsters.com; she was afraid of Stefani, probably. Now she is a healthy, grown woman. She still loves people and does her work. When she meets fans she is still nice. But the whole social media ****, she HATES it. She's hated it ever since Joanne if you check the interviews. She just wants to live. One of her PTSD triggers is objectification, so I understand she lives in solitude!

• Like 6

Foolofatook
9 hours ago, SevenAteNine said:

all the stuff going on right now, people questioning gagas morals, the general lack of her addressing things...

it can be hard to go thru as a DIE HARD little monster.

I love Gaga and her music, I will always be grateful that her and her music exists! Im hungry for a new album but im not *starving* im not bitter, so this isnt rlly the kind of thing that u might expect from posts titled this..

Its hard because Im kinda sad that while under her leadership she has employed someone that has caused many people pain... I dont think its Gagas fault for you know who's actions but... Its just rough to see. 

People questioning her morals is also hard because.. i really look up to her. She inspires me when I cant find the light inside myself. The kindness that she preaches has helped me understand the importance of listening to and being more than tolerant of others. What if one day... everything that I look up to is revealed to be a lie? that is my fear, and while I dont think it will happen... Im still scared....... *the what if*

The lack of addressing things/social media presence is hard for me because I missed out on the early days when she was more active and vocal about things. I know for many of it this part is a bit different, you were around. I just regret being gone and i honestly hope one day, if she can do it healthily, we get another era where TONS of things happen again! 

this might sound dramatic but Gagas music/Personality has had a serious impact on me... i wouldve never survived the pandemic without it. How do you guys feel about all of the what ifs and do you have any fears? 

(please dont drag gaga in this thread, this is not a hate thread but just a place to express how this is affecting us emotionally, it cant be easy for some of u because we are fans and most of us have been for a long time, I feel alone in expressing this, so I hope others, who are comfortable with it, express themselves too)

What’s the deal with her hiring someone who has hurt people?

Edited by Foolofatook
Correcting question

Controversiaga

But it should be easy for her to speak up for what’s right.  She’s done it in the past.  

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”