💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The original performance for 2016 Grammys performance? Was it ever revealed..

Starmie25

Featured Posts

Starmie25

Did anyone ever find out or have any leads on the original performance bit for the 2016/INTEL Grammy Awards?

So, obviously the collaboration changed once Gaga heard that Bowie passed away.

Over the years i've heard that it was a supposed medley of her catalogue and the slightly fabricated story is that it was meant to feature new music from the original LG5 haha.

Personally the medley idea sounds neat especially if it contained songs from each of her albums. Gaga should try that concept again for when she has LG7. It'd be a cool way to usher in a new saga (eras @taylor) going from LG1-LG6. Plus, we are overdue for a new Gags x Grammy performance again (involving her own original music) 

lady gaga grammys GIF by NowThis

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 2

TimotheeChalamet

Yes it was a medley of her hits, "original LG5" doesn't exist

Starmie25
10 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

medley of her hits

If that's true then maybe it would've been similar to the Superbowl, unless maybe a deep cut or "Applause" was added hmm makes you wonder, Tim

TimotheeChalamet
4 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

If that's true then maybe it would've been similar to the Superbowl, unless maybe a deep cut or "Applause" was added hmm makes you wonder, Tim

It would've been much shorter than the super bowl (I guess 4-5 songs max) and it would've featured the Intel technology such as the living piano and **** 

BlingNotTheMusic

Sidenote, why is the Bowie tribute not on YouTube?

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25
11 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Doesn't the Bowie family kinda dislike Lady Gaga :bradley:

• Shook 1

TimotheeChalamet
2 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Copyright issues and Bowie's son hated it so I wouldn't be surprised if he did something to take it down

• Shook 2
  • Sad 2

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Copyright issues and Bowie's son hated it so I wouldn't be surprised if he did something to take it down

Truth be told, it wasn't that great but I still enjoy watching it

Pablo

I totally forgot about this performance :bradley:

I'll turn in my stan card 

Don't visit my profile
  • Love 1

TimotheeChalamet
6 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Truth be told, it wasn't that great but I still enjoy watching it

I actually think it was very well done, and I'm a massive Bowie fan! But people thought it was too focused on promoting Gaga rather than celebrating David so... 

As for why is not on YouTube, I just thought about a thing: every year, the performances at Sanremo Festival are uploaded on YouTube but taken down a month after. It may be the same because of tv rights or something like that

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

TimotheeChalamet
14 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

?

The living piano and other things like 3D backdrops that were (poorly) used during the tribute itself

whoresup

I thought the performance was always meant to be a Bowie tribute? Was it ever something else? 

I enjoy the start and the end of the performance, it got a bit parody in the middle. 

BlingNotTheMusic
20 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I actually think it was very well done, and I'm a massive Bowie fan! But people thought it was too focused on promoting Gaga rather than celebrating David so... 

As for why is not on YouTube, I just thought about a thing: every year, the performances at Sanremo Festival are uploaded on YouTube but taken down a month after. It may be the same because of tv rights or something like that

I'm a big Bowie fan too, but it was just ok imo. Felt a little awkward/off and disjointed. But it's a HUGE undertaking and risky. 

That said, I can't name a single artist from our generation who would've pulled it off better. 

• Like 1