1. 1. Title.

• Babylon
    • Yes, and?
    • Vogue

Featured Posts

Borisapillar
13 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I think this reddit post (Emxbelle13) does a good job of explaining it: "

As far as Babylon goes. Here's an excerpt from a website I found that kind of explain the history behind the allusion she's using: 

"In the Bible’s Tower of Babel story, the citizens of the ancient city of Babylon were unable to understand each other after God changed their languages, creating chaos and miscommunication. A homophone for the name of the city, “babble on” is thus an adequate phrase to represent the meaningless, incoherent type of communication happening in the Tower of Babel narrative.

Babylon is also generally considered a representation of wickedness. In the Book of Revelation, “BABYLON THE GREAT” is written on the forehead of a demonic beast.

Gaga therefore contextualizes gossip as both an evil thing and a dysfunctional form of communication. Celebrities—artists, particularly—are subject to loads of toxic gossip throughout their time in fame. Gaga herself has battled gossipy rumors about anything from her romances to her gender identity to her use of imagery. ". Genius lyrics webpage" 

So she's basically saying we only have the weekend so you might as well live it up, fck the haters and do what you want. 

I understand all of that but it’s nonsense when you put it all together lol

Noah X

Babylon has such weird filler lyrics it's hard to get into completely..

"here's the thing...

what you bring...what you bring...him, you and me"

like really girl...it feels like she's saying a lot of nothing. she could've had catchier lyrics like Yes And 

• Thanks 1

King of the Fall

Vogue obviously

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

BlingNotTheMusic
26 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

I understand all of that but it’s nonsense when you put it all together lol

21 minutes ago, Nedster said:

Babylon has such weird filler lyrics it's hard to get into completely..

"here's the thing...

what you bring...what you bring...him, you and me"

like really girl...it feels like she's saying a lot of nothing. she could've had catchier lyrics like Yes And 

37 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Agreed it’s a lyrical mess. But stans will claim it’s genius and deep dive into its supposedly profound meaning :traumatica:

IDK it makes sense to me in a reverse-Gagarian kinda way

I guess you either get it or you don't

I still don't understand Amen Fashion+Black Jesus :huntyga:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Borisapillar
Just now, BlingNotTheMusic said:

IDK it makes sense to me in a reverse-Gagarian kinda way

I guess you either get it or you don't

I still don't understand Amen Fashion+Black Jesus :huntyga:

See now THAT is one of her best songs ever. I guess you either get it or you don’t. :partysick:

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

See now THAT is one of her best songs ever. I guess you either get it or you don’t. :partysick:

Original :pawsup:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • LMAO 1

Gardevoir
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

Fair but the verses don’t allude to any of this deep meaning at all they’re just about like partying and using random metaphors from different time periods lmao 

And don’t even get me started on wtf does “it’s the thing that you being that you bring that you bring him you and me” mean:messga:

lol, but it’s easy. Him, you and me. That’s three people. That’s where gossip starts. You need at least 3 people for gossiping about each other. She literally sings “him, you and me, that’s gossip”.

Edited by The Powerpuff Girl
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • Thanks 1

sexy

Vogue walked so Babylon could run.

Y&A sounds like a mid-album filler track, not a lead single. Not even in competition with the other two 

JohnnyVersace

Love yes, and? but Babylon has always been my fave from Chromatica

Noah X
9 hours ago, The Powerpuff Girl said:

lol, but it’s easy. Him, you and me. That’s three people. That’s where gossip starts. You need at least 3 people for gossiping about each other. She literally sings “him, you and me, that’s gossip”.

omg she's a genius lyricist