Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Original BTW Cover Was Slime

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

PropaGaga

This is my post. The original cover was intended to be the pink slime image, which isn't new information. And the info about Starlight and Gaga getting high and coming up with the motorcycle came from something Nicola said years and years ago.

• Like 8
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5

Gohan

So the slime symbolized placenta all this time around :artdoll2: genius tbh

But I feel like the motorcycle head is more important because it felt like she was the one guiding us on our elleyibeeti journey :pawsup:

Not her getting high and making heavy metal lover and coming out with the cover idea though :air:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • Like 2

Nathaniel Arven

retouch what photos ? omg ! tell me it means 'editing them into a book format'.. or something like that. 

edit : always stood for the motorcycle and thought the cropped version is heresy.

Edited by Nathaniel Arven

gagzus
6 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

retouch what photos ? omg ! tell me it means 'editing them into a book format'.. or something like that. 

edit : always stood for the motorcycle and thought the cropped version is heresy.

Almost every photoshoot she’s ever done has been retouched. For this shoot in particular the slightly messy makeup and prosthetic application is probably what would need editing. I mean they even edited her thinner on TEOG single cover

• Thanks 1

VeguisLG
8 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Great pic

6763a45d4c5badd8e23c3cd801108817.jpg

This was the original cover? Or the one where she is with the pink hair with purple slime on her left arm? 

PropaGaga
1 hour ago, EGOT2027 said:

one of the few reliable insiders is spilling lots of tea about the leaked born this way images coming out right now. apparently there were talks of releasing a book with all the images for BTW’s anniversary but the editing proved to be too expensive. the most interesting nugget of information is that originally they were going to use a variation of one of the slime images for the BTW cover. gaga and starlight got high one night though and decided to put gaga’s head on a motorcycle.

the final cover may be controversial, but i’ve grown to love it over the years (especially the idea of it). during those years, she truly was the vehicle for our message. she was the one who carried so many of us through our journey to self-acceptance, coming out, and a new life. 

Re: a coffee table book, I never said there were plans to do anything for the 10th anniversary. I was speaking about plans they had in 2011 to do a book of images from the Nick Knight photoshoot. The book was part of a research survey Polydor sent out when they were developing what would end up becoming Born This Way: The Collection. They didn't move forward because it would have been too expensive to produce. Editorial retouching costs a lot. You may see extra campaign images released through publications or on agencies, and that's because they were paid for and licensed by those publications and agencies are selling these so they can profit. Every individual image can take hours of work in retouching and can cost thousands each depending on how much work is done.

As far as any recent conversations go: the tweet is misrepresenting my posts and failing to include me saying that talk about the photoshoot last summer never went beyond trading ideas (mainly from my side). There were no official discussions with her team or Interscope about doing anything. For people that I've seen saying "well, I'm glad they leaked then", I'll just say this: leaks of unreleased content rob the artist of the opportunity of potentially revisiting this content and putting it out. That goes for photoshoots, demos, etc. Just because it's not released in your expected timeframe doesn't mean you're entitled to it. It kind of kills the vibe for everyone to put it very plainly, and I doubt anyone would want to revisit something that is now spoiled in their eyes. Even though in this case, I'd still love to see what the finished images would look like, especially if they chose to release them in color.

Finally, there's also a huge issue with consent. Outtakes can often feature Gaga nude, and were never approved to be seen by the masses. If they were, they would have been out long ago. The images we have final versions of are what she has chosen to put out there. So think about that before you decide to spread photos around of someone who has spoken at length about being raped and assaulted in the past. I'm sure someone is going to talk about how she has posed nude for publications in the past, which is very true, but I hope I don't need to explain the differences in these two situations.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

LG7 time now
1 hour ago, EGOT2027 said:

lol she doesn’t personally fund hardly any of her projects

Well, when the passion is there the money should be there too, she proved it with TMB and the GUY video :messga: so I don’t think that’s THE reason it didn’t happen

Edited by The Z
  • Like 1

PropaGaga
3 minutes ago, The Z said:

Well, when the passion is there the money should be there too, she proved it with TMB and the GUY video :messga: so I don’t think that’s THE reason it didn’t happen

The "G.U.Y." video had sponsors up the ass to fund it, and The Monster Ball was an investment that took over a year of touring to pay off. It's always down to money at the end of the day.

• Like 2

Ronk
7 hours ago, VeguisLG said:

This was the original cover? Or the one where she is with the pink hair with purple slime on her left arm? 

Idk, but I'm guessing the one with the pink hair with purple slime.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Butters Stotch
8 hours ago, PropaGaga said:

This is my post. The original cover was intended to be the pink slime image, which isn't new information. And the info about Starlight and Gaga getting high and coming up with the motorcycle came from something Nicola said years and years ago.

Thanks!! I remember reading something like this years ago and when I read it again today on Twitter I wasn't certain if I was wrong. This is definitely not news. 

Edited by Butters Stotch
FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Pictures

If Nick is reading this, I will edit the photos for free for a future book or project just DM them to me :ally:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Reject False Icons

Editorial retouching is really that well paying? :enigma: I wanted to do it, I love fashion, photography, and editing, it drew me back thinking it would be one of the worst paying jobs in the industry