💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lil Nas X’s “J CHRIST” pacing a top 80 debut on The Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

River
56 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Actually no. It's not about race and gender, but more to his blasphemy, for average folks in America. A white straight man who brave enough to do the same thing will also suffers the same. 
More over, a lot of black community also been hating this release for the same reason, the blasphemy. They already did since Call Me By Your Name, just gets worse now. 

Lucifer (the tv show) was more blasphemy than this whole video/cover art, or anything that Madonna or Gaga did, but it was a big hit in the states and internationally, numerous times god was called a bastard, son of bitch etc etc.

So I refuse to believe that it's the blasphemy reason, nobody cares about that anymore unless *specific* people does that then it's just becomes *a reason* to hate on them.

The gays don't care about blasphemy, they love it, but still hates him.. he's black and femme, 2 factors that many gays, globally, hates and don't find them attractive.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, River said:

Lucifer (the tv show) was more blasphemy than this whole video/cover art, or anything that Madonna or Gaga did, but it was a big hit in the states and internationally, numerous times god was called a bastard, son of bitch etc etc.

So I refuse to believe that it's the blasphemy reason, nobody cares about that anymore unless *specific* people does that then it's just becomes *a reason* to hate on them.

The gays don't care about blasphemy, they love it, but still hates him.. he's black and femme, 2 factors that many gays, globally, hates and don't find them attractive.

Lucifer was a canceled show on TV, before Netflix took it.

Judas is flopping in USA,  and Madonna lost her sponsorship with Pepsi when she did what she did with Like A Prayer.

Marilyn Manson been the scapegoat of the world because he is/was playing in that blasphemy role with his shock rock imagery and lyricism.

just some examples how dealing with religion stuffs for entertainment often backfires. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NATAH

blasphemy isn't the issue, it's the fact it's boring, which is miles worse :iamfair:

good blasphemy would have him being talked about across every single triggered news site and giving him the free exposure he hoped to achieve but he already pulled this stunt when he gave the devil a lap dance

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Roronoa

I don’t think it has anything to do with being gay or black. The song itself is giving nothing. 

Edited by Roronoa
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Agunimon

The common factor is him being blasphemous, black and queer. All of which he was successful with.

Have we considered the song is just not that good?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Robo Ga

It’s not flopping because it’s blasphemy… it’s flopping bc it’s a tired ass copy of what he did before, and the song is ass. Lyrics are not clever or hard as they should be if you’re going to be essentially ripping a Kendrick beat.. he needed something FRESH and he did not deliver

🤖⚡️
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

thatfoxyfeeling
2 hours ago, River said:

It's the same repetitive formula he's been doing for years now? The song itself is mediocre and the music video is literally controversial for the sake of it with no substance. 

ThisGuyTony

It’s not catchy. He doesn’t have a loyal fanbase. The MV is a CGI-mess. 

• Thanks 1

elijahfan

I mean, my biggest criticism would be that it sounds the exact same as his past music. When he teased the chorus, I literally thought he was trolling and was just using an old song of his I had already heard. The visuals are also identical.

• Like 1

Juanjo

When it’s good, it’s good. This isn’t. Be as gay, femme, and blasphemous as you want, but do it with substance, do it with quality and art. He didn’t give any of that, just bad CGI.

• Like 3

GypsyVida
6 hours ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

I see a pattern... the same happens with Sam Smith every time he releases something

Gays hate to see other gays happy and winning so when they flop they rejoice. It's gonna be especially bad for Lil Nas X because he's black. Nothing new nothing changed.

Stream COWBOY CARTER
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

NCgaga
7 hours ago, SimonBaetens said:

If he were white and more stereotypically male people would be eating this up. But yeah the average American prefers Morgan Wallen and Jack Harlow over a queer femme black rap pioneer.

It’s funny how so many of you have never heard of Marilyn Manson. A straight, white man who constantly used crucifix/religious “blasphemy” in the 90s  and was labeled the devil by conservative America. Major protests and album burnings across the entire country at that time. The same could be said for NIN. Madonna’s like a Prayer video was banned on MTV in 1990 due to “blasphemy” and cross burnings. So yeah, you’re reaching to make this a race thing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Karl

I still think it's a catchy bop and just as terrible as most of the sample songs on Pink Friday 2 which are doing well, and which I also love :huntyga: 

Wolf Boy
8 hours ago, SimonBaetens said:

If he were white and more stereotypically male people would be eating this up. But yeah the average American prefers Morgan Wallen and Jack Harlow over a queer femme black rap pioneer.

Then why was Montero a hit?

You’re reaching. No ones eating it up because the song is bad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1