💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sharon Needles: "[Gaga] was riding on my f*ing coattails"

Punky

Featured Posts

sharon-needles-odd-large-msg-133348694737.jpg

On Lady Gaga, who tweeted about Sharon’s outfits during one episode:

“I thought she was riding on my ****ing coat-tails. I thought someone, a 23 year-old girl, was trying to staple herself to true references of pop culture. But do I hate Lady Gaga? Absolutely not.

There has never been a pop culture phenomenon in the entire history of the world since David Bowie that made the world feel okay about us just being a little bit awkward or a little bit off the beaten path. And you know I’m not that well known of a star, so could I also ride on the coattails of Lady Gaga? Yes I could. Could I put on my website that she tweeted me that she wanted to borrow my costumes from RuPaul’s Drag Race on her Monster Ball Tour? Yes I could. Did I? No I didn’t, because there is a fine line between true artistic intention and bull****.â€

Source: http://www.gcn.ie/Sharon_Needles_Extra

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of confused as to what she's trying to say. I thought I read somewhere that Sharon liked Gaga. :shrug:

Who is this b---h tbh?

Winner of Rupaul's Drag Race.

liquidsunshine

"Could I put on my website that she tweeted me that she wanted to borrow my costumes from RuPaul’s Drag Race on her Monster Ball Tour? Yes I could. Did I? No I didn’t, because there is a fine line between true artistic intention and bull****.â€

What kind of backward, hipster bull****, die antwoord ****ery is this? I really thought she was cool. Really, b---h, if you don't want to bring it up then don't ****ing bring it up.

ryhanna

Is he implying that he sees himself as a pop culture icon? I've never even heard of this person. :rofl:

I have deep respect for drag queens. They are fearless; however, I don't see the rational nor the purpose of her commentary on GaGa. So GaGa asked for some outfits, and that dignifies what?

Queen Gloria

I used to like Sharon Needles but he's just jealous that he isn't the only "goth queen" around. And the look he's referring to that Gaga asked if she could borrow looked exactly like a nude colored Born This Way dress with a Fame Monster wig. I think Gaga was subtly joking that he actually ripped her off, not the other way around. He should be thankful if anything, but he's an idealistic artist who thinks so highly of himself that his narcissism really shows when he claims Gaga ripped him off. He's claimed several times that he was just a poor club kid from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, so I don't really see how Gaga would have been around to his shows to apparently rip him off before either of them were famous. Sharon's Gaga hate is really childish and I think his fame from RuPaul's Drag Race has gone to his head.

Queen Gloria

Sharon :( . This is disappointing... I really liked her. I'm hoping she was joking..

No, he isn't. I listen to the Feast of Fun podcast, and when they interviewed him he talked about his dislike of Gaga. He comes off as really insecure about people copying him, it's sad.

No, he isn't. I listen to the Feast of Fun podcast, and when they interviewed him he talked about his dislike of Gaga. He comes off as really insecure about people copying him, it's sad.

That's unfortunate. :(

Archived