šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Amy Winehouse Biopic

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

TheSine

I don't know why part of me feels like she doesn't need this biopic. Maybe that's just me getting sentimental because she means so much to me.Ā :traumatica:

šŸ–¤TheSinešŸ–¤
  • Love 4

Rhiannon
13 minutes ago, TheSine said:

I don't know why part of me feels like she doesn't need this biopic. Maybe that's just me getting sentimental because she means so much to me.Ā :traumatica:

Yeah itā€™s almost like this biopic will not do her any justice.. Maybe a documentary would be better but we already got one. I really donā€™t know how to feel about this biopic..

R.
  • Thanks 1

TheSine
12 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

Yeah itā€™s almost like this biopic will not do her any justice.. Maybe a documentary would be better but we already got one. I really donā€™t know how to feel about this biopic..

For real. We already have interviews, lives, several documentaties. It's the same old story being told over and over again. And as much as it needs to be heard, no one is listening.Ā :traumatica:Ā 

I wonder ifĀ  Tyler James is going to be in this biopic though since he was Amy's best friend and they'd hang out a lot.

šŸ–¤TheSinešŸ–¤
  • Thanks 1

VTV
2 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

She doesnā€™t look at all like Amy

Its the makeup tbh. The MUA failed to capture Amy. Its too perfect and movie pretty.Ā 

Ā 

Its like watching Porcelain Black

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

VTV
2 hours ago, Gorehound said:

LoveĀ Jack O'Connell so I bet he'll be good it as Blake

Oh my god yesssss. He's a phenomenal actor!

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA
  • Love 2

Nathaniel Arven

It's so hard to play Amy. It's just like.... She should have refused but on the other hand it's a great chance and an occasion to ascend in your career... But this is such a slippery slope...

funny story : i was trying to cover back to black with a piano boy the day before she died, and i started crying because i realised i was too small for that.... I thought to myself : you have to be very, very, very good to cover amy. You don't have the level. ultimately i decided to take singing lessons. Still ain't reached half of her level.Ā 

Ā So as someone said before : poor actress.Ā 

I think we have to be kind towards her.Ā 

• Like 1

Not The Real Gaga

This would have been a PERFECT role for Gaga...

• Thanks 3

Ghost Face
7 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

This would have been a PERFECT role for Gaga...

It would end her career. Her build up momentum end by badĀ comparisons.

joanne million reasons GIF by Lady Gaga

It's an honor.

BlingNotTheMusic
4 hours ago, TheSine said:

As Amy Winehouse's biggest fan, I'll give it a chance.

I feel the same. Amy was a huge part of my late teens and her first album "Frank" is what got me hooked.Ā 

As others have said, the actress feels too pretty. Too commercial. Amy was so unique and not conventionally pretty but beautiful in a very artistic kind of way.Ā 

She had a certain way about her that I don't think (at least from the quick trailer) the actress embodied. They showed it a bit at the very end. But Amy hated fame and she was super smart. A tough chick like Gaga. She was also shy and hated interviews.Ā 

Tldr: The trailer is cute but doesn't showcase the actress portraying typical Amy traits. Perhaps they just went with her because she has the accent, can sing, and can resemble Amy with makeup. Time will tell but it looks too safe for now.

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

ImMatt

I love Marisa Abela in Industry (anyone else seen that show? It's brilliant), but I fear this isn't the right role for her.Ā 

Everyone knows Amy and it's an impossible job to be able to do a biopic of her.Ā :ohno:

Space Cowboy

Love Amy :heart:, love Jack O'Connell. I'll give this a chance, re-introducing Amy to the GP at least exposes new listeners to legendary music.

• Like 1

CautiousLurker

For the longest time Noomi Rapace (the original girl with dragon tattoo) was rumored to had been cast as Amy - I can't help but feel that would have been a better casting choice, even tho she doesn't quite look like her. No shade to Marisa, as great as an opportunity this would have been for any actor, it's also just such an impossible task - I'm sure she's given it her best.

Nycboy

This film is actually great for PR for Gaga. The casting is so terrible that many comments all over social media are complaining that Gaga should have played the lead role and how she would have slayed. Gaga is somehow receiving heaps of praise without even staring in this movie. This generates even more demand for Gaga and positive public perception.

Had Gaga actually starred in this film, it could have really harmed her image because this film is perceived as taking advantage of Amy and a cash grab. Some people find the film cringe and disrepectful, and it would have been problematic for Gaga to be attached to it.

Let the film flop, let the acting be terrible, and the GP will be PERCHED for Gaga's next move. This is her best case scenario.Ā 

Edited by Nycboy
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1