Grace Randolph teases about "Joker: Folie á deux"

danbekim

Featured Posts

Maxine Puth
10 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Wasn’t there a rumor of

Hide contents

a r*pe scene 

last year? When an alleged script leaked or something? Details are fuzzy but I’m like 60% sure that’s what she’s talking about.

She calls it an “element” so I doubt it’s a specific scene. My mind personally jumped to narration like when HOG was supposed to be narrated. 

• Like 1

danbekim
17 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Wasn’t there a rumor of

Reveal hidden contents

a r*pe scene 

last year? When an alleged script leaked or something? Details are fuzzy but I’m like 60% sure that’s what she’s talking about.

I remember that :icega:

Spoiler

I really hope it's not true because I don't even want to imagine how it would affect Gaga as a method actress and using previous trauma for acting... 

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!
  • Like 1

Massive Monster

Isn't it strange that she hopes they cut something out because she thinks it will turn off a few people, but she hasn't actually seen the movie. What if that thing is so well done ? 

Bring on the buzz and controversy  :ohwell:

Kind regards
  • Like 1

SimonBaetens

It’s a Ratatouile crossover featuring the rodents from Joanne’s Rattoria

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens
  • LMAO 10

G U C C I

Honestly, if script leak/tease from last year is at all accurate there could be a lot of elements that are going to make people not want to watch. But I for one would rather see them swing for the fences and have it be really well done than play it safe for the sake of a few. Even if the disturbing scenes with gruesome acts are in the movie I think it only ups the ante for Gaga to give an unparalleled performance. Let’s not pretend or forget that she is usually the one pushing for things to be more intense, graphic, and sexually explicit in her roles. Hell there was even a sex scene that had to be cut from ASIB of her and Bradley because it was to graphic! It was documented in a few articles written when the film was released. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Red

I hope it’s something about diversity that will seethe the average Joker stan :firega:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Reality

Can somebody send me a link or give me a summary of the supposed script leak? I never heard about this :giveup:

If I had to make an educated guess, I think the movie's going to end with Harley killing or betraying Joker. Grace has a lot of weird and questionable opinions, and when it comes to feminism and female empowerment stuff, she has a very specific viewpoint on it. She wants there to always be a balance and she has a problem with female characters emasculating—for lack of a better word—male characters by being "better", "more powerful", etc. I could see her thinking that Harley coming out "superior" in the movie in some way emasculates and reduces Joker. 

But also, the first movie was very controversial too. I don't understand why she's worried all of a sudden about people not liking the sequel. The first one was already divisive and I fully expect this one to be too. 

Edited by Reality
𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 3

Head Empty
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

And just another "told ya!" moments for her. She got a lot of those.

Which is exactly what I can't stand :smh:

With all her sources and skills I'm sure she could provide actual value to the entertainment business. But this is not it. This is just creating buzz for her own sake.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

Battle 4 Ur Life

something controversial for sure. I guess child abuse? since it’s a part of the first movie. maybe a flashback scene. the first one was so gritty that I can expect pretty much anything.

who knows. I don’t think she’s bluffing tho. at this point she’s as much an insider as it gets. 

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

freebit

Grace seems like someone who clutches her pearls over lots of things. 

The film should just go for broke and be the Bonnie & Clyde (1967) of comic book adaptations IMO. If one of them dies, then go for it. It's an elseworlds thing and not beholden to DCU continuity or whatever. 

It will probably be violent, but I doubt it's going to be explicit Requiem for a Dream/Irreversible-level borderline exploitive stuff. 

Spoiler

The only thing that I can imagine might raise peoples hackles is if they kill off Zasie Beets' character in some terrible way. 

1 hour ago, G U C C I said:

Hell there was even a sex scene that had to be cut from ASIB of her and Bradley because it was to graphic! It was documented in a few articles written when the film was released. 

I remember seeing that tweet, it supposedly went on for 5 minutes. :deadbanana: I think that was make up by some stan though, lmao

Edited by freebit

lg5

Maybe it’s the part about Harley (Lee?) being in a band. We know from one of the posters on set that she’s going to be in some kind of band. Maybe Grace thinks messing with her backstory will anger some audiences. 

• Like 1

Bradley

The first film already has gore so we can rule that out.

Sex scene... possibly. Or some kind of political commentary involving footage of real politicians.

KindnessPunk

Her use of the word “element” and the phrase “turn off some audiences” makes me think its probably something not that outrageous, like it’s not a particular scene or plot point, otherwise I think she would have been more concerned about the film. 

I’m guessing it has to do with a message, or something political, something that would make certain groups online upset. 

Edited by KindnessPunk
  • Like 2

RAMROD

IMHO the one thing that makes some comic book movies fans upset these days are something "woke", especially the ones that alters the canon of a (beloved) character, so Grace probably refers to that. :oprah:

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 5

waterfall

saw grace Randolph and had to click

my 2nd fav white women after gaga

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1