💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Joker FAD opening weekend: min $77 million expecting by The Quorum

joannethenight

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
33 minutes ago, androiduser said:

the movie will due great, no doubt about it... BUT, their number one priority should be convincing the moviegoers that it's not a full-blown musical, and even downplay the musical elements as much as they can (unless the musical element is such a huge part of the whole production)

See I never understood this take, even though studios are doing it ala Mean Girls. But I would imagine it would cause frustration for the viewer. If you're marketing to people who enjoyed the first film, it could be argued that many of them aren't into musicals (most people aren't). So they would walk out of the theater being annoyed. I don't understand the bait and switch marketing logic

Future Lovers

If this prediction holds water that’s a great opening. But they will need good word of mouth for it to leg out. I think the chances of another $1 billion are off the table given the climate, but it can leg out to between $500-$800 million on quality.

Hopefully they made a film that lends itself to good WOM.  

androiduser
42 minutes ago, Reality said:

If you are, I couldn't disagree more. First of all, I don't think the movie is a full-blown musical. There will be musical elements, but it's not going to be a High School Musical or Grease where people are just gonna bust out singing and dancing in ensembles. There will be musical moments throughout the film that will most likely emphasize and highlight Joker and Harley's delusions. 

that's exactly what I am talking about, people need to be aware of that...

Reality
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

that's exactly what I am talking about, people need to be aware of that...

Be aware of what? That the movie isn't going to be a full-on musical? 

🃏🖤👹

androiduser
2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Be aware of what? That the movie isn't going to be a full-on musical? 

yes, there is a misconception in the GP the that it's a full blown musical.

Reality
29 minutes ago, androiduser said:

yes, there is a misconception in the GP the that it's a full blown musical.

If they correctly, they can easily market the movie as a dramatic film with musical elements. The people who think it's a full-blown musical are thinking of stuff like High School Musical or Grease and this movie is going to be very different than those two. 

🃏🖤👹

Red

Get those coins Lee :firega:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

androiduser
1 hour ago, Reality said:

If they correctly, they can easily market the movie as a dramatic film with musical elements. The people who think it's a full-blown musical are thinking of stuff like High School Musical or Grease and this movie is going to be very different than those two. 

well, YES, that's exactly what i'm saying... people have a misconception about the movie and it would be in the movie's best interest to make sure it's clear beforehand that it's not a musical of that sort...

Ivy

I hope it will do really well, they spent a ton of money on making this film. The first joker budget was 55M but this one was 150M so it has to do well :cryga:

I think it will tho, as long as there's no scandal or something like that related to Joaquin/Gaga or the director

I'm really curious if they will show the musical element in the trailer, I don't think it's good if they try to keep that part secret like previous post said, people will get annoyed about it

RAMROD
3 hours ago, androiduser said:

the movie will due great, no doubt about it... BUT, their number one priority should be convincing the moviegoers that it's not a full-blown musical, and even downplay the musical elements as much as they can (unless the musical element is such a huge part of the whole production)

That will be a very wrong move. Very wrong move indeed!

Imagine someone who are not into musicals coming in to watch this movie because of the misleading promo that you said, and finds out that they're been scammed, that there's singing in it, even if not full blown. They'd be angry as hell, that's for sure. And you especially not doing that stunt to comic books and related pop culture fans. They will give you different kind of hate that will ruin your career. These group of community are unforgiving. Like, they still haven't forgive everything that happened with last trilogy of Star Wars, even today, and that trilogy started 9 years ago.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reality
54 minutes ago, androiduser said:

well, YES, that's exactly what i'm saying... people have a misconception about the movie and it would be in the movie's best interest to make sure it's clear beforehand that it's not a musical of that sort...

Right...so they have to market it as such...But you said in your first post: "their number one priority should be convincing the moviegoers that it's not a full-blown musical, and even downplay the musical elements as much as they can (unless the musical element is such a huge part of the whole production)"

I understand the first half of your statement, but I disagree with the sentiment that they need to "downplay the musical elements as much as they can". My opinion is that they need to actively show the musical sequences in the movie to show people that it isn't a full-blown musical. Show that the musical numbers are used to highlight Joker and Harley's delusions and stuff. Make that a big part of the marketing campaign instead of trying to hide it. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Thanks 1

Aussie

Sounds amazing but wow, it’s still so early. Hopefully interest stays strong and gets even stronger once official trailers drop. Gaga would be so excited and terrified too! There is a lot riding on this film for WB/DC and a lot of attention placed on her performance. I am 100000% sure she will kill it! 

Gagaplayer315

It better deliver after everything Gaga has sacrificed for it :nails:

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

It better deliver after everything Gaga has sacrificed for it :nails:

Such as? :teenidle:

j/k, we know :ororomunroe:  :franminervini:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1