Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Pop Girlies Promo Tropes Need To Go?

RAMROD

Which One?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Social Media Black Out/Hiding Old Posts
    • Hating Past Hits/Albums On Interviews
    • Contemplating Retirement After The New Album
    • Surprise Drops
    • Your Own Answers

Featured Posts

RAMROD

These days there are a few that getting too predictable. But which one that's really overkill by todays standard and need not be used anymore? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Controversiaga

Sick of all of them except surprise drops 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 7

artdoll

I don't mind when they blackout socials as it creates a bit of hype (for me at least). I will say that I don't care too much for when artists drag their previous projects. Now don't get me wrong, praising their upcoming album is not only completely okay and of course to be expected. It's fun to see an artist evolve and get excited for where their artistic journey has come! However, I think it's a bit of a slap in the face, for a lack of better words, to not only the fans to some regard, but yourself as an artist, to drag your previous work (or hits!). They show where you come from and many people (and I mean MANY people, if it's a hit song) love them and more than likely have for a long time, so it's a bit...rude?...to be dismissive about it. :healedmyheart:

Hopefully that makes sense. :poot: I totally get it when artists don't feel connected to who they were or what they used to do (we love to see artists grow!) :holdmyhand:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

Taylucifer

social blackouts are fine, kinda inconvenient for fans trying to look at past posts but I like that they signal a new era. Almost never done with actual purpose tho and more as a gimmick, Taylor doing it for rep with the whole burn it down and start again thing was one of the only ones that actually made sense. 

Hating past hits/albums on interviews, this annoys me to no end. It is also usually unprompted, just ignore the song when performing and say you appreciate what it did for your career but that you don't align with it anymore, it is not that difficult and there are very few reasons to trash the songs. (obviously this is excluding artists who went through hard experiences when creating the records due to label conflicts & trauma) 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Thanks 2

Ceres

Not sure if it’s still a thing, but hate single releases and music videos that follow up close to a month after, like make it the same day or days inbetween.

✧ ✧ ✧
  • Like 1

weed

Dragging previous work. So over it. A specific song, sure idc. Entire albums/your entire career up until then? Girl bye. No issue w calling it "my best work yet" but the whole "my music before was trash, don't listen, cringe" can go lol

blackout is annoying if you like going through their insta/history but still exciting anticipating the new music

Don't know if it's a trope but I don't love the "here's my lead .... jk it's a promo single here's the lead... jk that's also promo here's the REAL lead single" like mama wyd

• Like 1

Helxig

I've grown to really hate the blackout/delete all posts. HATE it :samanthac:

It was cute at first (why do I think Gaga was one of the first to do it between BTW - broken hip blackout - ARTPOP?) exciting and built suspense. Then it was kinda like.. boring, eye roll. Then it was like okay over this now it's beyond ridiculous. And now it's just a normal part of an album rollout? I can't stand it :alsemanche:

P.S. not to even mention that all the old posts and content that fans have a connection with are just immediately GONE overnight. It feels like an erasure of their whole career. Not even exciting. Done so often noone even cares. Stop it

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

TwistedTeeth

Social media blackout/deleting all posts is so annoying, so I'm voting for that one. However, I'm giving a special major eyeroll to artist that would @ other artists on Twitter like "Ooh, what do you think? Should we give it to them?" or "Big things coming 👀" sort of tweets. Like, just upload the damn single, stop being corny :patrizia:

Ranked FFXIV's Worst Player with the Best Pecs!

StrawberryBlond

All these options are annoying, though the social media blackout thing doesn't bother me as I don't use social media. Probably the worst is when they say they're thinking about retirement which they shouldn't say unless they're 95% sure that's what they're going to do, otherwise, you're just freaking out your fans for nothing and it can make them resentful. In terms of my own input, I'd say constant re-releases annoy me. Expecting us to buy your entire album and then because the success of the existing version wasn't enough, they've got to put out more songs, so you've got to spend money on 3 new songs and 2 remixes. It also makes such artists inescapable and like they're never on a break. Re-releases should only be done, like, twice in your career, for your debut and your most successful re-peak and then just do stand-alone releases if you must. 

27monster27

Dragging previous work. Be proud of what you've done.

The only valid excuse I've ever seen regarding dragging work was not having control over it.

he/him/his

Teletubby

teasing a song for months without a release date

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Ophelia

Hating past albums/this is the new me you've never seen before/I am finally myself bullscheisse

...has anybody seen my disco stick?