opinion

I just realized how bad Xtina’s career got

Lighter

Featured Posts

Ronk

I'm glad she's doing what she wants. :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 1

Lucas

I'm quite shook that her fans still have the nerve to call Britney a flop if Xtina is there selling 1000 copies of an album first week..

I personally like some of Xtina's songs but the current generation doesn't want to listen to over-the-top vocalist divas, so I understand why she's not doing well commercially.

But can we talk about her beauty? I know it's plastic surgery but goddamn she is GORGEOUS

• Like 1

Modern Ecstacy
8 hours ago, Noah said:

It's because it was like a compilation Album, with 11/14 Songs of the Album being released prior already.

ooh okay, that makes sense. 

Ronk
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm quite shook that her fans still have the nerve to call Britney a flop if Xtina is there selling 1000 copies of an album first week..

I personally like some of Xtina's songs but the current generation doesn't want to listen to over-the-top vocalist divas, so I understand why she's not doing well commercially.

But can we talk about her beauty? I know it's plastic surgery but goddamn she is GORGEOUS

Fans of any artist say unfortunate things thinking they are defending their artist.  They don't realize most people outside their fan base think what they are saying is wrong.  Artist's have their highs and lows, and I think it's rude to call anyone a flop.

It's hard for any artist to please multiple generations.  I personally like, as you say, over-the-top vocalist divas, as well as artists outside that category.  Gaga attracts all generations.  At her concerts I see many children and seniors.

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 1

StrawberryBlond

I believe she was the first singer who I witnessed the downfall of in the space of a single album with no recovery afterwards. It was so shocking to me, especially as a fan. It was weird to have one of my biggest faves take so long to release an album and have me be so lukewarm about it and for the public to hate it so much. Then I saw the same trajectory play out again with Jessie J and then Katy Perry. It's clear that this is a thing that can happen, one album can end your career, even if you've seemingly not changed much or not done anything to annoy anyone. It's no wonder that labels are afraid to take a risk when they see stuff like this happen. And for women, it's harder to make a comeback from a flop. I can't imagine what it's like to build a fanbase and then you put out an album that you think they'll like and they all but reject it and abandon you en masse. It must be heartbreaking. I hope artists like this make peace with their lot in life because you don't go through the trouble and strive to be famous just to have your career end after a few albums, you went into this hoping you'd be successful for the rest of your days. At least all these women have partners and children to give them fulfilment in other ways. 

• Like 1

waterfall

im gen z ig and idk any of her music besides genie in a bottle. just looked her up and found out she did that slay pitbull collab song I loved when I was younger. :music:

• Like 1

Charmz

I still listen to STRIPPED to this day. One of my top 10 all time albums ever

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️
  • YAAAS 1

hieronymus

As much as I love some of her albums, sometimes she's just not fun to listen to. She yells a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RochestrMonstr

I’m sure she’ll be just fine without having more hits. 

Edit: meaning people still know who she is regardless of whether or not she puts out new hits.

Edited by RochestrMonstr

Economy
On 1/1/2024 at 11:53 PM, Reject False Icons said:

yeah It got really bad since bionic :bear:, I'd blame Perez & the social media snowball but he didn´t have much power and xtina had the chance to change that narrative but she never poured herself back into her career as much as before her family days.

And it's ok if that's what she wants, she herself said her top priority is her family, she still has a core fandom of 30/40 something gays and girlies that supports her projects

I'd probably say the same for Gaga when she starts building a family in a few years :bradley:

If she has such a core support how did that album sell 1k in first week? :rip:

Even Katy Perrys decline was not this extensive

Miichael
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

If she has such a core support how did that album sell 1k in first week? :rip:

Even Katy Perrys decline was not this extensive

Simple, said core support is small :trollga:

It's like how I consider myself to have a core support, despite having approximately 3.5 friends :huntyga:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Dayman

She makes her money. There’s no reason to be on the grind for the top when your legacy is a fairly secure one and you know you have steady income. Better to release the album she wants than to release one that is try hard for the charts.

Starmie25
On 1/3/2024 at 3:36 AM, Lucas said:

but the current generation doesn't want to listen to over-the-top vocalist divas, so I understand why she's not doing well 

5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Then I saw the same trajectory play out again with Jessie J and then Katy Perry. It's clear that this is a thing

It makes me sad how some of her best work came out after she stopped having commercial success (jessie j).

Her song writing is so under appreciated on that ROSE album and "four letter word" which takes so much willpower to even sing about.

Helxig

Yet she still has an arrogant attitude :oprah:

I've always thought she was one of those women who was jealous and hateful of other women and I believe it more now tbh

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

En_Sabah_Nur

That’s My GURL!!!!!!  ❤️

She was my Absolute FAV until I got into Gaga back in 2008. 

I still remember when STRIPPED came out!  😊

I think her downfall came from her releasing albums every 3 years in the beginning. That can be very risky in the music world, and apparently it was!  The chart decline from her first English Album to her 3rd English Album (6 or 7) years later speaks for itself… 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by En_Sabah_Nur
Egypt. W