💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga overly scared of failure?

Brizel

Featured Posts

Frankenztein

She still takes risks in her art. Those risks just look different these days. A bold performance from her in 2010 was wearing a flashy outfit and using exaggerated theatrics. Covering herself in fake blood and gluing 600 props onto herself. Which was great and I loved it. The raw creativity had great energy.  

The risks she takes now (ex: Oscar performances) are more mature but they are still brave. She is choosing to be emotionally vulnerable in ways she never would have allowed the public to see before. The big risk she has been taking, from Joanne/ASIB onwards up to the personal lyrics on Chromatica, has been the risk of openly laying her soul bare. I would argue that this is a much scarier thing to do. 

It is crazy to me to suggest that Gaga is playing it safe when she is about to play Harley Quinn in a musical sequel to Joker, which is a very divisive and controversial film. This role might end up being the boldest choice of her career.

• Like 2

Didymus

She literally didn't want to record Chromatica until her producers took her by the hand. From the many hints she dropped since 2014, it's pretty obvious she considers her creative musical career a huge strain due to label and industry pressure.

I don't think she's scared, I just think she found a comfortable spot where she can make money selling make-up and doing high profile acting, and performing the music she wants to perform in Vegas. The rest is pretty much just a contractual obligation for her, I think.

• Like 7

HelloHangoverz

I think she's just very careful in her career now, that doesn't necessarily mean she's afraid of failing. I mean at this point, she's secured her legacy, so she's not scared of failure, she's just very careful about maintaining it.

If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!
  • Like 3

Alxjcgn
On 1/1/2024 at 8:19 AM, faysalaaa1 said:

No but I think fame is extremely effecting her mental health, and her interest in pop music changed, but the whole world expects her to release pop music. 

She had a vision for pop music and how she wanted to find ways to blend pop, art, technology, etc. together and I think she has become exhausted with the ongoing fight and knows that whatever she puts out is authentic and if that means less projects or delays, then thats what makes her happy and knowing she is staying true to herself and taking care of her mental health. 

faysalaaa
8 hours ago, Alxjcgn said:

She had a vision for pop music and how she wanted to find ways to blend pop, art, technology, etc. together and I think she has become exhausted with the ongoing fight and knows that whatever she puts out is authentic and if that means less projects or delays, then thats what makes her happy and knowing she is staying true to herself and taking care of her mental health. 

But the thing is nothing shes putting out is authentic in my opinion. I dont care about the quantity, I care about the quality, and im not getting that with Gaga. It seems like shes been forcing herself to be Lady Gaga and do projects her heart is not in. I think the only thing Gaga enjoys today is acting and singing Jazz live.

• Like 2

Ultimecia
On 1/2/2024 at 7:27 AM, Didymus said:

She literally didn't want to record Chromatica until her producers took her by the hand. From the many hints she dropped since 2014, it's pretty obvious she considers her creative musical career a huge strain due to label and industry pressure.

I don't think she's scared, I just think she found a comfortable spot where she can make money selling make-up and doing high profile acting, and performing the music she wants to perform in Vegas. The rest is pretty much just a contractual obligation for her, I think.

This exactly.

Her next music project will be decisive.

Did her artistic flame reignite after the CBT? (Like I hope it did.)
Or is she just a great singer, and not an artist anymore?

Edited by Ultimecia
Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Like 2

Glamourpuss

I don't think she's scared of failure. I think she's already found the level of success she was always searching for and now she can live comfortably with the knowledge that everybody is aware of her talent. She doesn't have anything to prove anymore. She is a household name and a true icon.

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

vitoburrrito

I am sure ARTPOP's backlash scarred her but I think she's just found other ways to channel her artistry and is definitely going for a more "quality over quantity" approach as you said. She now devotes less time to trying to be the biggest pop star in the world and more time on acting, Haus Labs, BTW Foundation, etc. 

And when you think about it, her devotion to releasing multiple jazz records, plus Joanne (that totally deviated from her first albums), let alone her dive into the acting world, is not exactly safe. She's taken a lot of risks that threatened to tarnish her high fashion dance-pop diva image, and instead she's come across the other side as a pop chameleon and has her completely own lane in terms of pop culture right now. No other current artist is as critically and commercially successful in music and movies as she is, and I'm sure eventually that'll translate to the theater too. 

elijahfan

I feel like she's definitely more conscious of how her work might be perceived and impact her career in the long run. To be pretty honest, it feels like her heart is more into doing movies and being an entrepreneur lately. I'm not sure if she still knows what she wants to do or say with her own pop music. There have just been a lot of missed opportunities lately that make me feel that way... She's a massive artist and it seems like she sees herself that way and very much lives this LA lifestyle now, and it blocks her from doing stuff. Like, the CBT DVD not coming out really feels like she won't bother if it can't rival with Beyoncé or Taylor Swift, but that's not really why I became a fan of hers in the first place. She shouldn’t be scared to be in her own lane, that’s actually what made her success in the first place.

When you see what someone like Björk is doing on a much smaller label, with barely the budget the main pop girls get, it's pretty obvious someone like Gaga could give much more if she actually put her mind to it and was surrounded by the right team. Just my 2 cents concerning the past couple years.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Like 1

Delulu Rogers

She still takes risks in terms of the projects she does, but I 100% believe she is scared of public backlash and wants everyone to like her. That is why she has become so tamed and has done a complete 180 on us. She's pandering so much to middle class, baby boomer America with ASIB, Vegas, Jazz and doesn't want to be perceived as the weird girl anymore. Good for her, but bad for fans I guess 

• Like 1