💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga overly scared of failure?

Brizel

Featured Posts

tylerjs

I think she realized how much of herself she can potentially lose in her creative process. When she creates, she instinctively wants to devour the entire project and immerse herself in it almost in a method-acting type of way. It becomes detrimental to her mental health bc she is a diehard artist that cracks open the deepest parts of her creativity and it seems to have put her in danger in some way with every album. She’s probably trying to navigate safely enveloping herself in her art while maintaining authenticity and protecting herself at the same time. She’s not a “put out singles for the sake of it” kind of girl, which is why I love her so much. She intentionally does not dilute her discography because her bodies of work are true pieces of art and had their contextual moments in her life. I’ve always looked at it as more of “if I don’t have something important to say, why speak?”. Her discography is plenty vast to carry her into eternal stardom and she doesn’t need more bulk songs to push her further. She’s set her name in stone and any body of work she puts out now simply has to be timeless and be worth speaking on. She’s not any old artist, she’s Lady Gaga. It’s just how she does things. 

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 9

Roronoa
35 minutes ago, soularpower said:

I think she realized how much of herself she can potentially lose in her creative process. When she creates, she instinctively wants to devour the entire project and immerse herself in it almost in a method-acting type of way. It becomes detrimental to her mental health bc she is a diehard artist that cracks open the deepest parts of her creativity and it seems to have put her in danger in some way with every album. She’s probably trying to navigate safely enveloping herself in her art while maintaining authenticity and protecting herself at the same time. She’s not a “put out singles for the sake of it” kind of girl, which is why I love her so much. She intentionally does not dilute her discography because her bodies of work are true pieces of art and had their contextual moments in her life. I’ve always looked at it as more of “if I don’t have something important to say, why speak?”. Her discography is plenty vast to carry her into eternal stardom and she doesn’t need more bulk songs to push her further. She’s set her name in stone and any body of work she puts out now simply has to be timeless and be worth speaking on. She’s not any old artist, she’s Lady Gaga. It’s just how she does things. 

Well said. :applause:

• Like 1

Madame Goo Goo
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

if she was scared to fail, she would have passed on ASIB and starred in some disney movie to launch her movie career

The fourth version of a beloved and popular film with an a list costar and director was the safe choice don’t be delusional that movie was always going to get a lot of buzz

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 6

Creyk

Yes. She made her money and dipped. And say what you want, her behavior over the past years showed us that money is most of what she cares about. She probably didn't start out this way but that is how she is now.

Edited by Creyk
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Reality

I think she's just naturally changed and evolved over the years. I don't understand why people constantly feel the need to compare Gaga now to Gaga then. Are there some aspects of her character that I miss? Sure, but people grow and change. I don't think she's overly scared of failure, her priorities are just different now. 

I'm sorry, but expecting someone to stay the exact same 15 f*cking years later is insane to me. Anytime I see somoene complain about how they want "old Gaga" back, I roll my eyes. She's matured and is a lot more experienced in the business now than when she was first starting, so yeah, naturally her views and her attitude towards things is going to change. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

She is potentially scarred for life with whatever happened duing ARTPOP era, and I don't blame her. It's PTSD worthy. 

And her perfectionist attitude doesn't help either. 

She might need to find tune these senses cos a lot of visionary artists can actually translates what they wanted to do from an idea into actions perfectly. So I know she can do it too once she do this.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 3

NATAH
2 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

The fourth version of a beloved and popular film with an a list costar and director was the safe choice don’t be delusional that movie was always going to get a lot of buzz

the previous version was panned and the movie was stuck in development hell, nobody on this website was excited for it because it was a project that kept getting passed around and unable to get off the ground, bffr...

also director a safe choice? it was his directional DEBUT as well as gaga's lead debut... where's the safety in that?

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

ElectricHaus

I don't think she's scared of failure.....but I don't think putting out Pop music really does much for her anymore. 

I feel like she kinda confirmed in so many speeches on tour that she didn't even want to make chromatica. Her friends (who probably thought it would be good for her + their checkbooks) kept making her go to the studio. I think Chromatica is a phenomenal album in her discography and I do think she is proud of it......but I think she burned out of the pop album cycle a long time ago. 

ARTPOP affected her decisions for sure and it definitely affected her interactions with fans. I think it hurt her more than we think that majority of the fanbase was nice to her face when she was online during that era but was making fun of the album and career choices behind her back (that she logged in and saw probably regularly). 

I think at this point she knows she's solidified her career in so many different avenues which is why she was able to finish out the Vegas residency with ONLY Jazz shows. My question is what happens next.....there's only like 10 vegas shows left in the contract. The shows sell well but each leg that is added it does take longer and longer for the tickets to sell out. I don't think another 2 year 80 show contract could be done for strictly jazz shows. 

• Like 1

TEANUS
5 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

If she was would she have started in House of Gucci 

I mean HOG looks pretty good on paper. Killer all-star ensemble cast, popularized moment in pop culture, true crime relation, Gaga. It was just the execution of the overall storyline framing, Leto’s random moments, and lack of using Hayek to her full potential that killed it IMO

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 4

MOT

If she was scared of failure she'd probably be working in an office, not singing the national anthem while wearing a bulletproof vest. Don't think she one of life's scaredycats.

• Love 2

HugoJG
1 hour ago, ElectricHaus said:

I feel like she kinda confirmed in so many speeches on tour that she didn't even want to make chromatica. Her friends (who probably thought it would be good for her + their checkbooks) kept making her go to the studio.

Didn't she say that she was severely depressed at that time after Joanne? That doesn't mean she doesn't want to make music anymore. I think you are misunderstanding things

• Like 1

Magic Mike
1 hour ago, TEANUS said:

the execution

I only blame ridley scott, he's such a flop

• Like 3

Modern Ecstasy2

Gaga must be one of the bravest famous ppl/artists in a long time. I don't think it's about fear at all, I think it's about healthy boundaries and changing priorities.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

thank God :pray:

OT: Everything she has done in her career music wise, after ARTPOP, was safe. Imo if you play it safe 100% of the time then you're scared of failure yes

Joanne was the definition of not safe for an artist like Gaga :laughga: she was willing to risk alienating her core fanbase just to make the music SHE wanted to make.

That's not a fear of failure, that's conviction to being artistically honest.

💚
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5