đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

celeb

Grimes: "I'm called a Nazi because I happily am proud of white culture"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Economy
1 hour ago, Debithius said:

Apparently.

Ill take a crack at explaining what I think @PartySick trying to say more simply...

Cultures as a general tend to be more Nation specific not race specific, or if similarities are shared by a few Nations (like Portugal-Greece-Italy for example) its still a specific region of the continent not for caucasians as a while.

Im white (Portuguese background) and my wife is white (Polish Background). Both Caucasians but cultures are quite different. I would refer to my culture as Portuguese culture or if I wanted to generalize simmilarities i could say "South European Culture". I wouldnt call it "white culture" tho

In the case of the US, the segregation and historical difficulties have resulted in a culture unique to black people in the US in general (which may include more than one Nationality)

I know here in Canada you cant really say black culture cuz Jamaicans and Nigerians for example arent even remotely alike but they mostly moved here in the last 20 years so their original culture is more fresh. But in the US in which has more generations going further back have a longer history, they have grown together a certain way with their own American identity.

So in this case u can refer to "black american culture" as a whole and not necessairily have to break it down by individual Nationalities

Edited by Economy

PartySick
39 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ill take a crack at explaining what I think @PartySick trying to say more simply...

Cultures as a general tend to be more Nation specific not race specific, or if similarities are shared by a few Nations (like Portugal-Greece-Italy for example) its still a specific region of the continent not for caucasians as a while.

Im white (Portuguese background) and my wife is white (Polish Background). Both Caucasians but cultures are quite different. I would refer to my culture as Portuguese culture or if I wanted to generalize simmilarities i could say "South European Culture". I wouldnt call it "white culture" tho

In the case of the US, the segregation and historical difficulties have resulted in a culture unique to black people in the US in general (which may include more than one Nationality)

I know here in Canada you cant really say black culture cuz Jamaicans and Nigerians for example arent even remotely alike but they mostly moved here in the last 20 years so their original culture is more fresh. But in the US in which has more generations going further back have a longer history, they have grown together a certain way with their own American identity.

So in this case u can refer to "black american culture" as a whole and not necessairily have to break it down by individual Nationalities

I can give a tl;dr version of my point if that helps :poot:

This whole "white culture" debate arose as a whiney complaint from the same people who respond to phrases and movements like BLM with phrases like "ALL lives matter"

It's a purely reactionary and inflammatory thing and should be disregarded.

There is no such thing as "white culture".

There are cultures from countries that are predominantly white, but that's entirely different and not what this debate is about.

When we fight we win! đź’™
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Economy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

This whole "white culture" debate arose as a whiney complaint from the same people who respond to phrases and movements like BLM with phrases like "ALL lives matter"

There are cultures from countries that are predominantly white, but that's entirely different and not what this debate is about.

Im not very up to date with online lingo :cryga:

PartySick
Just now, Economy said:

Im not very up to date with online lingo :cryga:

I am very up to date with the right's whiney bullsh*t :vegas:

Half the people in my family are the "if they can have black pride why can't I have white pride?!" types :ladyhaha:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Economy

I am very up to date with the right's whiney bullsh*t :vegas:

Half the people in my family are the "if they can have black pride why can't I have white pride?!" types :ladyhaha:

U didnt answer my question in last post. What is TD;DR? :koons:

But i agree :coffee:

Edited by Economy

PartySick
1 minute ago, Economy said:

U didnt answer my question in last post. What is TD;DR? :koons:

But i agree :coffee:

What question :poot:

Economy
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

What question :poot:

8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

"I can give a tl;dr version of my point if that helps"

What is tl;dr?

PartySick
Just now, Economy said:

8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

"I can give a tl;dr version of my point if that helps"

What is tl;dr?

Oh!

"Too long didn't read"

I can go off on tangents and I forget to summarize my point sometimes :ladyhaha:

Economy

Oh!

"Too long didn't read"

I can go off on tangents and I forget to summarize my point sometimes :ladyhaha:

I mean i rant too. All the time :ladyhaha:

To ur other point, ur fam sounds like my grandmother and my father in law.

He thinks white ppl are better essentially and my grandmother did not wanna move to my city cuz "its all Indians" :rip:

She also did not go to my 1st wedding cuz she was black. She never confirmed the reason but it was kinda obvious :enigma:

• Love 1

PartySick
Just now, Economy said:

I mean i rant too. All the time :ladyhaha:

To ur other point, ur fam sounds like my grandmother and my father in law.

He thinks white ppl are better essentially and my grandmother did not wanna move to my city cuz "its all Indians" :rip:

She also did not go to my 1st wedding cuz she was black. She never confirmed the reason but it was kinda obvious :enigma:

Yeah :air:

I fake-dated my best friend, a black girl, in highschool as a cover (my bf was "dating" her gf) and when she met my family the first thing out of my great grandma's mouth was asking why I was with an n-word :air:

The good die young, that's why she almost lived to be 100 :rip:

• Shook 3

Economy

I fake-dated my best friend, a black girl, in highschool as a cover (my bf was "dating" her gf) and when she met my family the first thing out of my great grandma's mouth was asking why I was with an n-word :air:

At least my grandmother tried to lowkey hide it (but just sucked at it) :air:

• LMAO 1

LeafBug
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

My grandmother “felt sorry” for my little brother for having a black friend because he couldn’t find white ones. :air:

(We’re East Asian)

She’s more understanding now because we kept calling her out. :air:

Edited by Roronoa
  • LMAO 1

Didymus
6 hours ago, PartySick said:

Ok but we also need to acknowledge that white culture/whiteness as a concept was and continues to be reinforced, even if more in a reactionary and innocent manner, by leftist movements and POC communities.

I agree with you but I'm not sure everyone in my (leftist) community would agree that white culture is not a thing.

ALGAYDO
17 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Ok but we also need to acknowledge that white culture/whiteness as a concept was and continues to be reinforced, even if more in a reactionary and innocent manner, by leftist movements and POC communities.

I agree with you but I'm not sure everyone in my (leftist) community would agree that white culture is not a thing.

What is “white culture” to you? 

Didymus
1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

What is “white culture” to you? 

I personally have no idea. I don't even know what national cultures would be, as referred to above. They are all stereotypes but I guess sometimes they can invite us to look at things more closely. "Whiteness" does refer to a sort of semi-phenomenon that allows us to talk about social issues. I guess white culture could potentially refer to the history of the Western Europe area? I don't know. If people don't define their terms, it's hard to have real conversationa about this, as exemplified by this Twitter mess.