Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Grimes: "I'm called a Nazi because I happily am proud of white culture"

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
21 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She did say in the comments it is a "melting pot", which I guess all cultures are.

I think the Neo-Nazi claims are very exaggerated, personally. Every time someone asks for proof of her following "Neo-Nazi" accounts, you get nothing or like one popular meme account that is largely unproblematic.

Some of the things she says make sense. White people have received a level of historical scrutiny (powered by Western postmodernist intellectual culture, which should be commended for this) that is not regularly thrown at other cultural units. The Eastern or Arab-Muslim slave trade, for instance, has abducted millions of African people into slavery for over a thousand years, and to say that out loud almost feels taboo at this point. This is a problem.

Grimes' problem is obviously context and time and place. Social media is not the space for these kinds of conversations. Sadly.

Yeah, I largely agree. I had someone tell me the other day that it is categorically impossible for non-white nations to be imperialistic :air:. We can simultaneously acknowledge that white European nations have played an outsized role in shaping the cultural paradigm + modern geopolitical landscape through imperialism while also recognizing that they aren’t the only countries that have ever or will ever engage in these kinds of practices. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Pennywise

Some people here sound so ****ing dumb but I don't have it in me to explain why :selena: like at this point I am just too tired

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Maxine Puth
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

She did say in the comments it is a "melting pot", which I guess all cultures are.

I think the Neo-Nazi claims are very exaggerated, personally. Every time someone asks for proof of her following "Neo-Nazi" accounts, you get nothing or like one popular meme account that is largely unproblematic.

Some of the things she says make sense. White people have received a level of historical scrutiny (powered by Western postmodernist intellectual culture, which should be commended for this) that is not regularly thrown at other cultural units. The Eastern or Arab-Muslim slave trade, for instance, has abducted millions of African people into slavery for over a thousand years, and to say that out loud almost feels taboo at this point. This is a problem.

Grimes' problem is obviously context and time and place. Social media is not the space for these kinds of conversations. Sadly.

This reminds me of when I was having a causal conversation about traditions with a group of coworkers, as soon as I mentioned “my culture” they attacked me because “straight white men” have no culture… a group of white women mind you lol. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

Looks like Azealia was correct. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sadly she’s right pretty often :laughga: I think it’s more of a “you can be an incendiary person yourself while also seeing a thing for what it is”

we know how toxic music is. Azealia just gives specifics and walks the walk sometimes too :laughga:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hieronymus
39 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Some people here sound so ****ing dumb but I don't have it in me to explain why :selena: like at this point I am just too tired

I can't tell if you're scoffing at the racism apologists or poopooing along with them

hieronymus
12 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Sadly she’s right pretty often :laughga: I think it’s more of a “you can be an incendiary person yourself while also seeing a thing for what it is”

we know how toxic music is. Azealia just gives specifics and walks the walk sometimes too :laughga:

Well no... most of the time she's outright racist/homophobic or any kind of -ist. She just outwardly expresses everything and sometimes it's about a person who everyone already knows these things about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

Well no... most of the time she's outright racist/homophobic or any kind of -ist. She just outwardly expresses everything and sometimes it's about a person who everyone already knows these things about.

Ok you’re picking for something bc I think we both know when I said “mostly right” I’m talking about her talking about how the industry works which is the topic of the post I was responding to.

shes also the things you mentioned but that’s not what I was talking about lol though I literally said she was incendiary too lol

Edited by Ziggy
  • Thanks 1

Pennywise
6 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

I can't tell if you're scoffing at the racism apologists or poopooing along with them

I indeed am scoffing at them :dom: 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Love 1

Auther
2 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

And I say this as a white person… the fück is white culture?

Going to Panera Bread after a Target run for scented pumpkin spice candles and ordering a broccoli cheddar soup and Mac and cheese. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 7

DrKindnessKunt1999
51 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I agree, but I didn’t know how to word it properly. 

2 hours ago, Didymus said:

The neo-Nazis in question would be Elon Musk and his associated cronies. I'm not surprised that she would have babies with and try to get up under the alt right's hopeful New World Order Leader, only to be discarded by him because he doesn't actually have the capacity to care for people. The closet racists are clamoring for Elon to ascend to a higher level of power so they can feel further affirmed and enabled in their nasty, broken ideology.

White people have earned their "historical scrutiny" fair and square by treating anyone visually non-white like lesser than. Grimes has weird, inappropriate values and you're having to work much too hard to defend her

Edited by INNA
fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, INNA said:

The neo-Nazis in question would be Elon Musk and his associated cronies. White people have earned their "historical scrutiny" fair and square by treating anyone visually non-white like lesser than. Grimes has weird, inappropriate values and you're having to work much too hard to defend her

They literally said that the historical scrutiny was “commendable,” thus necessary. 

1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

They literally said that the historical scrutiny was “commendable,” thus necessary. 

Got it, thanks

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!
  • Like 1