question

So...another year....are we getting an album this year?

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

pachinko
13 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

So many of us would have cardiac arrest 

Half of us would implode :air: 

Edited by pachinko

Debithius

I am not even excited for another Gaga album at the moment. Gaga just doesn't have that exciting edge she used to have and her eras are becoming...lazy :traumatica: 

Sigh, I guess what I miss is her youthful drive.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Debithius said:

I am not even excited for another Gaga album at the moment. Gaga just doesn't have that exciting edge she used to have and her eras are becoming...lazy :traumatica: 

Sigh, I guess what I miss is her youthful drive.

I get what you’re saying, but I think your final sentence is truly it — she’s just at a different time (age) in her life. When I was a Senior in HS, and Born This Way came out, wow what a wild and exciting time. But I was 17. And she was like what, 24/5? 

As I’ve gotten older, I actually love what we get nowadays. She’s truly a legend. Her cinematic presence is sort of magic, and Joker is going to be our Gaga moment for 2024. I think we’re underestimating how massive this potentially will be — she’s going to be exposed to a demographic crucial for long term success and mainstream relevance. I think Gaga’s talent now is more about sucking the air out of the room with her talent just by being present, rather than a full on show. A rare chameleon. BUT what a dry spell it’s been 😭 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Leoj305
16 hours ago, crackpoppodcast said:

Not that I don’t love and appreciate the Haus, but those two have teams that are just on a complete different level with a much more demanding schedule than Gaga’s. She’s gone that route and it just wasn’t for her. I think we’ll have to really cherish what we get from the film soundtrack- I’m sure it’s going to be phenomenal.

She went what route? When has she surprise dropped an album? 

gagzus

Slightly off topic but Christ knows how you younger fans are gonna act when she inevitably has a child and takes actual YEARS off like no charity stuff, no award appearances, no jazz albums, no song features, no albums, no movies NOTHING. She’s had a major project every year since she started her career whether it’s an album release, making an album, touring, making a movie, promoting a movie, working on her makeup line, working with charities the list is endless…

one day she will legit just disappear for like a few years and even then when she comes back after that, her family will be priority. 

so we should enjoy what we have now while it’s still here

• Like 4

I am also not super excited for a new Gaga era cuz most probably it won’t be on par with what we came to expect based on her earlier eras.

what I just desperately need is for her to release music. She doesn’t need to do promotions, go into a world tour, film videos, do performances etc.  Just make music girl, just make music :fatcat:.

Before anything else, she markets herself as a musician, and it’s been years that music has been in the back burner. She’s a very passionate make-up mogul and an actress though in the meantime…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t want that. I hate when actresses try to push into the music world. I’m a fan because of her extensive acting career, not some lame ass cash grabbing pop album. :yennefer:

• LMAO 2

Mirrion Rizzons

thing is, if she wants to release, then 2024 is very plausible -

joker isn't until 2024 Q4, and many celebs do multiple things at once (taylor: midnights era/era's tour/re-recording era's) 

so its up to her, 50/50 chance of 2024/2025 i think 

23 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

i don't understand how she could come off stage having done a monster ball show, then go immediately into a tour bus studio and write/produce music? when i come outta work that is me DONE and i ain't doing anything else

I think because for some artists, music is their hobby, not a job. The pandemic was very telling as some artists used it as an excuse to put their feet up and rest whereas some wrote songs in their spare time (Taylor Swift, Charli XCX) because it's what they love to do. With Gaga I think many of us don't even know if she enjoys making music anymore :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...
gagzus
On 12/27/2023 at 11:29 PM, ImMatt said:

I think because for some artists, music is their hobby, not a job. The pandemic was very telling as some artists used it as an excuse to put their feet up and rest whereas some wrote songs in their spare time (Taylor Swift, Charli XCX) because it's what they love to do. With Gaga I think many of us don't even know if she enjoys making music anymore :shrug:

Id argue it’s 100% obvious she still LOVES music, she’s just been more private in recent years. I mean we didn’t know about Chromatica at all until she suddenly put up billboards and teased Stupid Love like a few weeks before the single came out.

i think she is still making music in her spare time, we just don’t see it because she doesn’t post like she did 10 years ago about it. It’s been like this for almost 7 years now tbh.

• Like 1

OMF

Honestly, given how sensitive Gaga is to what happens around the world, and in the US, I’d be surprised if she would be in the sort of mood to write a pop album in 2024. I mean between internal conflicts in US politics, the war in Gaza and Ukraine, to name a few big ones…when Chromatica came out she couldn’t get herself to commit to it as she was hoping, because she was more involved with the elections and obviously Covid was roaming the planet. Who knows…I feel Gaga hasn’t been in the right head space for fun dance songs in years. So if an album is coming, it may not be what fans are hoping for. I’d be game for a more rock sound, with deeper lyrics and a more “serious” tone. Or maybe more of what she gave us with BTW. 

Edited by Aussie