question

Why is ‘The Edge of Glory’ aging poorly?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

River

so make it viral or something, other fanbases working 24/7 to make their fave's songs go viral and LM just waiting for some random puta to put a song of gaga on a tiktok video

lazy fans deserves a lazy fave :flop:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

TEANUS
6 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

I need y'all to stop talking **** about Chromatica cuz it's baffling. And most songs on Chromatica have bridges and choruses so stop this nonsense NOW

I LOVE Chromatica….but a lot of them don’t have a bridges at all or don’t have a lyrical bridge, which Gaga was a master of from TF-Joanne

Alice - No Bridge

SL - ✔️ (You could argue the chorus is nonexistent tho)

ROM - ✔️ 

FW - No Bridge

FT - No Bridge

911 - Repeat of Chorus/Pre-Chorus Elements

PD - ✔️ 

SC - No Bridge

Enigma - ✔️ 

Replay - ✔️ 

SFA - Repeat of Chorus/Pre-Chorus Elements

1000 Doves - ✔️ 

Babylon - No Bridge

Love Me Right - No Bridge

I’d argue that 8 songs on Chromatica have no bridge/substantial bridge

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Thanks 2

TEANUS
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

I KNOW :crossed:

When a song is good you don't mind it hanging around and listening to songs that are under 3 minutes, to me at least, always feels like sitting down for a movie just to see the credits in half an hour.

I swear I will always be mad that Alice is half a verse, a bridge, and barely a chorus to be had. So mad that I made my own version and spliced Electric Chapel in as a second verse :crossed: Half the songs don't even have choruses, just dance breaks. 911, Sour Candy, Babylon, etc are too damn short.

Like.

UGH.

Seriously hope Chromatica wasn't a sign of where she's taking her music :fatcat: please just let it be the final dance pop album to pander to the gays before delivering something truly amazing.

I don’t think she has to avoid dance-pop to do something amazing! Alice, SL, ROM, 911, Replay, and Babylon were still massive hits to me, it’s just that some of them suffer from the short length. Like you said, Alice could’ve easily been a minute longer and I wouldn’t have minded AT ALL. 911 and Babylon should’ve had polished versions of those sick bridges we’ve heard in the demo mixes. Songs like Free Woman and Sour Candy being longer would make me appreciate them more as well and put them much higher on my list of faves. I think she and the producers were just definitely focused on tailoring the music for streaming success, and honestly there at the beginning it totally worked, but was that worth the missing parts in the long run? I don’t think so

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Bolkins

TEOG is very 'of the time'. There were quite a few anthemic, soring power ballads that were quite popular back then (Firework comes to mind) that also haven't had a resurgence - maybe that particular genre just doesnt appeal to the TikTok Generation 

Not the bore worms!

Ladle Ghoulash
19 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

I need y'all to stop talking **** about Chromatica cuz it's baffling. And most songs on Chromatica have bridges and choruses so stop this nonsense NOW

Songs w/ bridges: SL, ROM, PD, Enigma, Replay, 1000 Doves.

EDIT: @TEANUS beat me to it. Good work, sis!

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Love 1

Because it’s too long to be sped up, put on every TikTok being made for a few weeks, and played on repeat on every toddler’s iPad :teehee: Gaga makes quality music the world wants cheap disposable music! 

LateToCult
On 12/11/2023 at 11:16 AM, weed said:

It is strange, but Gaga's residual streams in general are pretty low compared to her peers.. Katy is getting pretty much the same daily streams but she's been N/A for years

ASIB holding up her streaming numbers fr :air:

• Love 1

Gorehound
On 12/11/2023 at 6:25 PM, ThisGuyTony said:

The song was a hit in 2011 - being top 10 worldwide. 

But based on current streams, the song is barely doing 100k streams a day while songs like Judas, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Monster, and Heavy Metal Lover constantly out-stream it. :toofunny:

It’s her 20th most streamed song, but Hold My Hand will surpass it soon. :lmao: 

She even performed it at the Chromatica Ball, and people know the song but it’s interesting how a “flop” like Judas is doing 3x better than it. :shrug: 

Guess the general public are finally developing good taste :haroon:

I'm fine, Ta

It hasn't aged poorly at all. In fact it still sounds like a classic. But I know what you're trying to say. It hasn't held up and seems to be forgotten which I've found to be odd. I know people point to tiktok but even before tiktok blew up this song was still getting less streams than some smaller hits if I recall. I really don't know the answer to the question. It was a bit hit, lyrics are great, vocals great, production is great (maybe the sax is a turnoff to some?)

It has everything it needs to be a classic. Yet the GP seems to have forgotten it. Weird bc to me it's her most GP friendly song yet its not generic either.

PartySick
On 12/12/2023 at 12:29 AM, skedaddleBItCh said:

I'll stop talking sh*t when we get the other half of the album :grr: