💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Why is ‘The Edge of Glory’ aging poorly?

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

TheSine

Sometimes we throw around the words "aging poorly" like we're playing a game of rugby. Since when does streams  = aged poorly...?

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵
  • Thanks 6

G U C C I

I don’t think the song has aged at all! It is one of the best songs in her discography period. It is also extremely well known it just hasn’t received its viral moment to hit certain numbers for streaming. Also, part of the streaming numbers being lower is due to lack of playlisting. 

• YAAAS 3

latina twilight

not some of you disrespecting one of gaga's best songs

if there's anything wrong with it it's the fact that she doesn't perform the full album version anymore :crossed:

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

jimmytimestep

I’m sorry but I will not accept any slander on Gaga’s literal BEST song.

just because people don’t listen to it every day doesn’t mean the song is poor, becoming less popular, or less than in any way. It’s not like I listen to (any artist’s version of) “Over the Rainbow” every day, and that’s one of the greatest songs of all time. 

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Madame Goo Goo
2 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

it's one of those songs that sounds amazing when you listen to the album in full because it's part of the story, but when you listen to it by itself outside the context of the tracklist it's not as powerful. still one of her best though

The song is worse on the album IMO, by the time I get to it on the special edition I am DRAINED musically. Having The Queen + You And I RIGHT before it on the track listing I think is the problem.

Edited by Madame Goo Goo
Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

PartySick
2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

It's one of if not her best song?

This, like, are y'all joking? :excuseu:

The sax solo alone >>>> whole careers

I really wish she'd release a proper acoustic version though. It's always a huge moment in concerts and it went over better with the crowd during the JWT and TCB than it did in Enigma.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 4

PartySick

I can't at anyone complaining about the length????

I blame y'all for the fact that half the songs on Chromatica are snippet length :grr:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 5

Reject False Icons
2 hours ago, weed said:

It is strange, but Gaga's residual streams in general are pretty low compared to her peers.. Katy is getting pretty much the same daily streams but she's been N/A for years

I think that’s because Katy entered the streaming era 2013/2014 in a great career high and Gaga entered it in a career low, eventually she increased those numbers but that little start bump is still present until idk another TikTok hit 

• Like 2

SimonBaetens

The production is a bit overwhelming maybe? I love it though.

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens
  • Like 2

Bonkers

no offense to anyone who has friends or family who are not Gaga stans, but those people are just utter trash with no taste.  :haroon:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

I don’t think it’s aged poorly at all. Even when it was new it still had a rougher, 1980s sound. Just cause it’s not trending doesn’t mean it’s aged badly.