💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

“The Lady & The Legend” Documentary cancelled

Stef

Featured Posts

Mister G

It's the holidays, her team nor Tony's confirmed anything or communicated anything. Plus, isn't Taylor's Era Tours movie dropping on streaming the same day? Let's be for real; no one wants to compete with that right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DontCallMeAlice
38 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Ok but luxx is getting annoying giving a voice to the anti-negativity brigade portion of the fanbase.

Here's the real tea: the issue is not that projects like this get delayed, cancelled,... per se. It's that there is a complete lack of communication, and it's making the fans feel like worthless consumers vs. committed "shareholders" if you will (and, yes, that term is a legit choice, as many LMs have invested and continue to invest an incredible amount of money into Gaga's act).

I get that it's Gaga's personal choice and prerogative to not jump on Instagram or X or wherever to be like "hey guys, I'm so happy you're excited about the documentary! I promise you it's coming and I will let you know when soon! Love you, bye x" but it would immediately avoid the majority of the tidal waves of disappointment and aggregating bitterness that's been consuming the fan community.

Gaga isn't the only one at risk of alienating her fans this way. We've been seeing it happen to plenty of pop stars recently, incl the "untouchable" Taylor in just the last few months.

I guess this post can also just be explained away as being "negative" but, honestly, it's just poor business, and it's not unreasonable to point that out. If fans are treated as mere customers, then it is not unpredictable that they will start to behave as displeased customers.

Thank you. :kara:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Many schedules no longer show it. Seems others are simply running behind.

Thank you.

I think I'm right in saying that Tues the 12th was never officially announced as the release date. It just suddenly apoeared in schedules, and now it has gone from some schedules, and that's all that's happened.

It was on my tv's schedule a few days ago, then it was gone at 8am today, then it was back about two hours later, and it's still there, two slots at 7pm and 9pm.

It's confusing. If I had to guess I'd say it won't be on, but I'm not convinced.

45 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Plus, isn't Taylor's Era Tours movie dropping on streaming the same day? Let's be for real; no one wants to compete with that right now.

this was my thought as well. Very likely Paramount decided to move it on the schedule once Taylor 'took' the 13th. Plus it had never been officially announced, so very easy to do.

It's not like Gaga woke up and decided "scrap it!!" and Tony's family and Paramount (who paid to distribute it) were like 'no worries bestie, just let us know when the vibes are right' :wtfga:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

That’s not what history with Gaga has shown us.

If it never comes out, I’ll survive and the world won’t end :holdmyhand:

11 hours ago, Helxig said:

WHAT? WHY?

What the hell happened behind the scenes that we don't know about?

I think they’re rescheduling bc of Eras tour streaming release.

• Like 1

EGOT2027
2 hours ago, Levine said:

My god, I just recently found out that she' s such a little monster. What a queen! 

i don’t get posts like this. of course people who have spent so much energy and money on their love of someone over the years are gonna be disappointed when project after project gets delayed and/or scrapped. it’s like being told by your best friend that you’re about to get a birthday present and then when the day comes around, your best friend ghosts you. 

sure gaga herself hadn’t tweeted about this, but it was on the official schedule for networks, so naturally fans got excited. people always complain that “some fake fans” only care about pop music and not the things that actually make gaga happy, and here people were getting hyped for something jazz related. and it would be different if this was just a one time thing, but 6 months ago, after not hearing from gaga for almost a year, she teased a secret new music project (produced and written by her) and the chromatica ball film. fans had already given up on the latter by then, but then she went and promised it was coming, only to never be heard from again this year (outside of scripted makeup ads).

i will support gaga until the day i die and always want the best for her, but of course people are gonna be frustrated when they constantly get led on by someone they’ve dedicated so much of their life to. maybe i’m wrong, but it seems totally fair to me. 

edit: maybe it is just being moved bc of the eras movie, but given how things have gone lately, i think it’s totally reasonable for fans to just be confused/frustrated. okay signing off for the day. love you all <3 

Edited by EGOT2027
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Mister G said:

It's the holidays, her team nor Tony's confirmed anything or communicated anything. Plus, isn't Taylor's Era Tours movie dropping on streaming the same day? Let's be for real; no one wants to compete with that right now.

UGH you're right. Taylor drops 24 hours later.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

HelloHangoverz

Spare a thought for the Navy who've put up with this since 2016 :cryga:

Edited by HelloHangoverz
If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1

Mister G
14 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Spare a thought for the Navy who've put up with this since 2016 :cryga:

For real they haven't had concrete new music from Riri in 7 years, and the same thing goes for Britney's superfans as well. Yet the usual behavior around here when a Gaga project goes MIA or radio silent. The same behavior from fans that lost it when ARTPOP got nothing for its 10th anniversary, the same thing when Chromatica promo stopped suddenly after the 2020 VMA's and the 911 music video was released. People honestly have no idea what is truly going on behind the scenes, and there are likely good reasons why she doesn't say much or can't say much around delays or postponements. 

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

DontCallMeAlice
12 minutes ago, Mister G said:

For real they haven't had concrete new music from Riri in 7 years, and the same thing goes for Britney's superfans as well. Yet the usual behavior around here when a Gaga project goes MIA or radio silent. The same behavior from fans that lost it when ARTPOP got nothing for its 10th anniversary, the same thing when Chromatica promo stopped suddenly after the 2020 VMA's and the 911 music video was released. People honestly have no idea what is truly going on behind the scenes, and there are likely good reasons why she doesn't say much or can't say much around delays or postponements. 

We are tired of being treated like money bags. We are tired of broken promises. But we’re especially tired about the lack of communication from Gaga & her team. Next thing they’ll do is drop a Haus Labs product without addressing any of the situations. I understand that Gaga doesn’t owe us anything, but when you say you’ll do something, just ****ing do it. (Aka release the Chromatica Ball Film). So I’m not afraid to say that we have every right to be mad about this. 

• Like 9
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7

StressedOut

honestly I just assumed this was being carried out by Tony's team and they had previously said September, in an article where Tony's son mentions the documentary, and even then I think it had been slated to come out a whole year ago at this point

I guess the paramount tweet or whatever was enough to run with, but I still thought it was weird she hadn't mentioned so w/e