💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

“The Lady & The Legend” Documentary cancelled

Stef

Featured Posts

25 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Before y'all get UPPITY I am 72% sure that Tony's team was the one organising this premiere.

I'm also positive about this, so it makes me think they didn't get the green light from Gaga (considering we never saw any promotional photo featuring them), maybe she changed her mind (because the documentary could depict her in bad light after ARTPOP). Just my guess.

Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
  • Like 1

TimotheeChalamet
22 minutes ago, ARTSEX said:

I'm also positive about this, so it makes me think they didn't get the green light from Gaga (considering we never saw any promotional photo featuring them), maybe she changed her mind (because the documentary could depict her in bad light after ARTPOP). Just my guess.

No, since the after ARTPOP footage wouldn't have been anything but a couple shots of Gaga crying and Tony reassuring her, it's simply their own problem. They most likely pushed it back for whatever reason

Didymus
1 minute ago, bpmMonkey said:

Was it officially announced to premiere 13.12.?

No announcement was made but it was on Paramount+'s release schedule. You can still find it confirmed everywhere on MSN, Arts Hub, Screen Rant,... who pulled the schedule directly from Paramount+.

1 hour ago, MOT said:

It's still on my tv xchedulr for Tues the 12th.

it had been on the schedule for virginmedia channel 650, which is just MTV I think. It's gone from there now and has been replaced by Catfish, Liam Gallagher etc.

However, Gaga and Tony is still scheduled for channel 656 (MTV Music) at 7pm on Tues the 12th.

I cling to my liferaft.

To be serious, Liam Gallagher is now gone from my channel 650 schedule (he was there a couple of hours ago), and he has been replaced by Tonyga at 9pm. So as of now my tv guide shows that we are on Tues at 7pm on 656 and 9pm on 650. It doesn't look very cancelly to me.

She really does want us to turn into little clowns :flop:  prepping us for Joker next year!

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

InTheCloset
23 minutes ago, Bowman said:

She really does want us to turn into little clowns :flop:  prepping us for Joker next year!

Now that i think about it what if all this is a major psychologic planning/ promo from Booby turning us all into harleys and jokers. 
Booby has the mastermind of the mastermind

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 9
  • YAAAS 3

LilyLark

Uh...was this ever even confirmed for sure?

Bobby is her manager y'all. He doesn't handle release dates for documentaries, etc, once they've been sold. It's Paramount + (and their parent company) who is determining that release date as they now "own" the documentary.

This isn't like a musical album, where the artist has a say, etc. Like if it was the type of documentary that might premiere at TIFF, I could see the "companies" (not Gaga or the late Tony's team) holding it to premiere it at a festival (as many festivals have docs) or closer to Christmas.

I know y'all hate the Haus, but this has more to do with the streaming services and the parent company. Tony's team and Gaga can't "pull it" once the rights have been sold.

My guess is it's either being pushed back closer to Christmas, or the non US air dates are being changed, or they've decided to air it on the anniversary of Tony's death, or Paramount +/their parent company decided to debut it at Sundance or Berlin (both have documentary sections, and Sundance hasn't announced their entire slate yet).

I think holding it for Christmas (or closer to Christmas) likely makes the most sense tbh, or the anniversary of Tony's death (again, even if it was confirmed). Screenrant is notoriously unreliable.

Edited by LilyLark
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Now that i think about it what if all this is a major psychologic planning/ promo from Booby turning us all into harleys and jokers. 
Booby has the mastermind of the mastermind

Bobby has no control over this....it's the streaming service/parent company. The Haus can be blamed for TCB, as no one knows if it was even sold to a distributor, but The Lady and the Legend had allegedly been sold.

"IF" the Paramount + thing was ever confirmed (Screenrant is often wrong), Gaga and Tony's "teams" sold the rights to the film. Once they've sold the rights, they can't suddenly go "oopsie, I no longer want you to release that film" as they don't own it anymore. This isn't like her music album, where she partially has rights, etc. They also "sold" the rights for those particular performances in that particular film (they can't use song ownership to get the film yanked).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tinnitus15
8 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Bobby has no control over this....it's the streaming service/parent company. The Haus can be blamed for TCB, as no one knows if it was even sold to a distributor, but The Lady and the Legend had allegedly been sold.

"IF" the Paramount + thing was ever confirmed (Screenrant is often wrong), Gaga and Tony's "teams" sold the rights to the film. Once they've sold the rights, they can't suddenly go "oopsie, I no longer want you to release that film" as they don't own it anymore. This isn't like her music album, where she partially has rights, etc. They also "sold" the rights for those particular performances in that particular film (they can't use song ownership to get the film yanked).

Can paramount cancel it 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Stephen

I doubt it's axed, just pushed again which is annoying but I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe they want it closer to the Grammys. I've been wondering if Gaga will tribute him. 

• Like 8

MonsterOfSpain

What a coincidence that I randomly started singing The Lady is a Tramp today and I just remembered about this documentary, I was like wait let me check GGD to see what happened... well we just can't win 🤡

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I doubt it's axed, just pushed again which is annoying but I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe they want it closer to the Grammys. I've been wondering if Gaga will tribute him. 

Gaga's team has no control of that, but yeah, I could see Paramount pushing it until the week after the grammys as they could air an ad for it there.