• Like 1

plane jane
2 minutes ago, GAMS said:

"I wanna key his car, I wanna make him lunch"

200.gif

some songs are just fun, they don't have to be "deep" :flippy:

• Thanks 1

StrawberryBlond

Amazed at the alt/indie nature of the majority of the top 20, that section is usually reserved for the most mainstream of songs. I'm of course so pleased to see Lana get recognition but people are going so hard for A&W which I definitely feel is one of the weaker moments of a great album whose other tracks really need more focus for their rich lyrical content and emotion that A&W lacks, in my view. Don't get me wrong, I think the song's ok (though I prefer the first part of it over the second which I know is the unpopular opinion) and it has grown on me a bit more but I still think there are much better tracks on that album that weirdly aren't getting noticed. But the love for A&W is making me hope that she's going to take home at least one Grammy, so, every cloud and all that.

21 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

These aren’t even obscure songs 🪦

It's not just the songs that are obscure, it's the artists. I've only heard of just under half the artists mentioned here. It isn't to knock them, it's just the reality that their names have not been made known to the wider public, you'd have to seek out their names on a more niche scene to be aware. It's the same for ones I like too. As much as I love Lana, I won't pretend like her songs these days are widely known by non fans either. 

SevenWonder
18 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Okay, taste! Loved Dragon New Warm Mountain, can’t wait for their next LP 

Me too! Such a great record. 

• Love 1