question

ARTPOP That We Know Is NOT ARTPOP Thats Supposed To Be?

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

The material to release it was never actually finished is the most likely culprit. People have interpreted her talking about act 2 as meaning there's an entire set of songs ready for release that didn't make it when in actuality the ARTPOP we have is a compromise between two visions and whatever is unreleased really only exists in forms that are not album ready. 

Eh, I think the decision to not release probably came from her label not wanting to extend an era for an album that was her least successful to date. Given that Gaga talked about being on the cusp of releasing it in 2014 (before the tour), I sincerely doubt there wasn’t enough finished material for an ACT II.

Ladle Ghoulash
48 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

Honestly I don’t think her label cared that much, given how left field BTW was and how successful it still became. I’m almost certain all of these plans changed after her hip broke and she personally decided to do something different. I wonder if she never teased “ARTPOP” / got the tattoo whether we would’ve even gotten that concept in an album. We could’ve seen her do a whole 180 like with LG5 / Joanne. 

From a lot of the interviews surrounding ARTPOP, it actually sounds like her management was really trying to get her to “clean up” her image + sound after BTW (hence the desire for “creative rebellion”). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It's basically common knowledge at this point that after the BTWB ended she sat down and thought the whole album over

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Didymus

She's been pretty open about how her era ideas got pushback from just about everyone. During the C2C promo she literally said she felt she failed to "deliver the gold" like in 2008-09 because she wasn't allowed time to really rest, get inspired and be creative. Let's also not forget that the whole technology driven ARTPOP app etc. idea was forced upon her.

That, combined with her explicit 2014 admission that she has several "finished volumes of music" that she refused to release because of the poisonous influence of the music industry tells me that that era in particular was just a messy confusion of her own ideas, her label's ideas, her manager's ideas, her short-lived mid-era devotion to Marina and Bob,...

Then again, I do believe her when she said that the ARTPOP album was designed and conceived as a poetic journey. The lyrics reveal that, so I think the album is perhaps the only artistically consistent thing we got out of that whole era.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Railing
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

IMG-8140.jpg

This is 100% fake. If anything, Gaga was considering shelving Princess Die at this point. Her opinion was that most of the other tracks she recorded were better. The original version she played at the BTWB was pretty-much off-the-table, and she was lightly considering a reworked version of it.

Edited by Railing
  • Like 3

Railing
2 hours ago, Red said:

It's basically common knowledge at this point that after the BTWB ended she sat down and thought the whole album over

I feel like the "ARTPOP 1.0 vs 2.0" debacle is largely exaggerated in the first place; most of the songs on ARTPOP existed before the hip injury (off-the-top-of-my-head Burka, Gypsy, title track, MANiCURE, Do What U Want, G.U.Y., I Wanna Be With You, Mary Jane Holland, Applause)

The most notable shift in ARTPOP would be the changes to existing material (Aura, the R Kelly feature, etc.), as well as Gaga shifting the visual concept to focus on the "Seashell Girl" instead of "Princess High" (creating Venus, nearly cutting MJH for Brooklyn Nights, and rewriting IWBWY as an apology for her weed dependency).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NATAH said:

the first screenshot is FAKE, those messages are not aligned consistently :ororomunroe:

Yeah this seems fake, the lana on princess die seems so… odd and fan theory.

Helxig

During ARTPOP she learned the lesson the hard way that she shouldn't tell us anything until it's set in stone. The fans reactions and backlash (still to this day tbh) are the reason she is so silent these days about anything she's working on

Although on that note.. I don't think these are real. I would definitely remember this info. She never mentioned Lana (otherwise we would still be hearing about it to this day.. being 'robbed' of the collab and how she 'betrayed us') And I'm sure she only mentioned ARTPOP act II once in an interview, saying she had enough songs for an entire act II. I'm also sure it was only ever a fan theory about the albums separating commercial and experimental music. Also also, I'm sure she didn't talk about act II until after ARTPOP was released. AND she never talked about Princess Die being on the album?? That whole first slide is just a crazy stan's ARTPOP wet dream

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TEANUS

Yeah as others have said, the first one is 110% fake. There was especially never any rumor or talk of a lana collab. At that time the rumors of them strongly disliking eachother (at least lana hating Gaga) were STRONG and then you had So Legit (Lana’s diss track about “Stefani”)

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 3

sucker punch

the only thing i know for sure is that ARTPOP was, is, and will always be, the album of the millennium! that's the truth tea. :reductive:

talk is cheap but costs a lot
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Ladle Ghoulash
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

During ARTPOP she learned the lesson the hard way that she shouldn't tell us anything until it's set in stone. The fans reactions and backlash (still to this day tbh) are the reason she is so silent these days about anything she's working on

Although on that note.. I don't think these are real. I would definitely remember this info. She never mentioned Lana (otherwise we would still be hearing about it to this day.. being 'robbed' of the collab and how she 'betrayed us') And I'm sure she only mentioned ARTPOP act II once in an interview, saying she had enough songs for an entire act II. I'm also sure it was only ever a fan theory about the albums separating commercial and experimental music. Also also, I'm sure she didn't talk about act II until after ARTPOP was released. AND she never talked about Princess Die being on the album?? That whole first slide is just a crazy stan's ARTPOP wet dream

The Lana one is fake, but the second one is real. She also teased ACT II on Twitter in October and November of 2013. 

• Thanks 1

JgHaus78
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Well that’s probably why she’s not letting us into the process anymore, since every scrapped idea gets held against her for 10 years.

That part, high expectations always lead to disappointment.

Whenever she had more time she made changes. If it weren’t for her hip, we would’ve got ARTPOP earlier and the original one. After her hip broke she had more time to record and switch plans and change ideas. The original princess concept was perfect until boticelli and birth of Venus stuff was introduced. The whole soup can thing which to this date I don’t think I even fully understand.

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚