Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica Ball Tour

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Agunimon
1 minute ago, NATAH said:

cus i didn't get to see it live :messga:

I totally get that! I do. But with so many videos online that are high quality from every possible angle for each of the song, there's all the performances on demand already.

3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I totally get that! I do. But with so many videos online that are high quality from every possible angle for each of the song, there's all the performances on demand already.

i want a FILM >:( 

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 2

JoanneMonster

- the stage was her worst since TFB

- the looks were some of her best

- her interaction and closeness with the audience was a disappointment, I used to love her speeches

- I liked the looks and the vibes, but it didnt feel chromatica at all, I wish she would have stuck to the album photoshoot and visuals for the tour. It all felt very gaga but not very chromatica (in aesthetics)

- if the show was that dark I feel like she could have added darker songs to compliment the show (alejandro, scheisse, heavy metal lover, bloody mary, sexxx dreams…)

- Some of the songs dont fit at all (ROM, Stupid love, free woman), the sound didnt match the show, I would have rearranged them to make it more cohesive.

- Bleached brows was a slay

I See You
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3

Blackout19
1 minute ago, JoanneMonster said:

- the stage was her worst since TFB

- the looks were some of her best

- her interaction and closeness with the audience was a disappointment, I used to love her speeches

- I liked the looks and the vibes, but it didnt feel chromatica at all, I wish she would have stuck to the album photoshoot and visuals for the tour. It all felt very gaga but not very chromatica (in aesthetics)

- if the show was that dark I feel like she could have added darker songs to compliment the show (alejandro, scheisse, heavy metal lover, bloody mary, sexxx dreams…)

- Some of the songs dont fit at all (ROM, Stupid love, free woman), the sound didnt match the show, I would have rearranged them to make it more cohesive.

- Bleached brows was a slay

I agree with almost everything

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • Like 1

Didymus

Its brutalist inspiration is some of the best artistic inspiration she's had in years.

Its concept/storyline, however, does not come across whatsoever, nor does it feel like it even matters.

The piano section is a total bore.

The fact that she's still doing the same old arrangements and choreo to her old hits which she's already showcased a billion times before is extremely disappointing and lazy.

Her HMH vocals were shockingly subpar if not downright bad every single night.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 3

Sugar Baby

This tour disappointed me as well

There is nothing Chromatica about it, Only the Alien mask she is wearing during the piano segment feels fitting 

the rest of the outfits are bland and boring 

the stage is also the same the entire show, just the lighting changes 

she still had plenty of energy tho 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Her HMH vocals were shockingly subpar if not downright bad every single night.

This, idk why she decided to add a song that wasn't even from her discography nor a hit like Shallow when she struggled to sing it live :messga:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

I really hated it the day it premiered :air: I think I was in a bad mood that day :deadbanana:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

M i K E Y

- the main stage should’ve been built a little higher. I was in the golden circle and mostly saw her on screen than performing 

- the right catwalk (Free Woman walk to B-Stage) was SNUBBED. I wish she came over at looked at us once 

- LoveGame and Telephone should’ve been replaced with at least one cut from ARTPOP or Joanne

- the concrete look was amazing and the 3D effects on the screens were great 

- she sounded very exhausted during ROM (understandable after almost 2hrs of dancing and performing) but I guess the setlist placement was unfortunate 

• Like 3

skedaddleBItCh

The brutalist inspiration was already present since Day 1, especially during the VMA performance (see the concrete stage with alien thingies on the background). So basically the tour was supposed to be like that from the very beginning. The era was supposed to be from colorful to monochromatic/dark e.g, SL->ROM->911, stripping away all of the illusions and just showing you the rawness of how difficult her life has been for the past few years.

Outfits actually fit the Chromatica era more compared to her previous eras. 

PD and SFA deserved to be on the setlist :<

Stage isn't as bad as stans say it is

Free Woman is a highlight

Idk if unpopular, but it's one of her best tours

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, River said:

Telephone followed by LoveGame is really overused and could have been replace by 2 other songs.

This + I can't understand why she sang LoveGame in FULL and shortened 911 which is one of the signature songs of Chromatica 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 4

Delulu Rogers

The stage was her worst ever. Nobody could see her. It made no sense doing a boxed stage in a stadium. 

The setlist should have had ARTPOP songs and HMH should have been removed 

SL and ROM performances were weak

I wish there was more fan interaction, speeches and more props 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

TimotheeChalamet
14 minutes ago, HugoJG said:

This + I can't understand why she sang LoveGame in FULL and shortened 911 which is one of the signature songs of Chromatica 

911 is damn hard to sing live and she added an exhausting choreo

• Like 2

StressedOut

I didn't love the stage shape, felt like I missed some visual elements bc it was so box-y

Other than that, sometimes to adapt the songs to being played live you miss the oomph of the bass. I missed it during Alice a bit, but I still liked TCB a lot. Great visuals, dancing, outfits, vocals.