Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift branded 'money greedy' and a 'capitalist queen' by her dedicated fans

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Throughout her 17 years in the industry, Taylor Swift has earned several nicknames from her devoted fanbase — from Blondie to Miss Americana to T-Swizzle.

But lately, Swifties have been referring to their idol as their “capitalist queen” more and more often thanks to Swift's excessive limited edition merch drops that fans are encouraged to buy and creating a sense of urgency and exclusivity and adding countdowns.

Now Taylor Swift fans have been left fuming that her Eras tour film will cost $19.89 to rent for just 48 hours.

The singer has been accused of taking an opportunity to 'make even more money' as many called on her to make it free as she is 'already a billionaire'. 

Others have criticised her for only letting people rent the concert film instead of allowing them to buy it to keep or stream as part of their subscription. 

One said on Twitter: 'I'm sorry but mother has been getting kinda money greedy recently cause ain't no way she needs to make it $20 to see one time she's literally a billionaire.'

Another penned: 'Why wouldn't she make it free. She's a billionaire & we've already paid to see it in movies.'  

A third penned: 'She is really finding a way to get every single dollar she can get out of this. renting is crazy.' 

'Capitalist queen for real,' another wrote. 

One more agreed: 'Enough with the cash grabs girl. You have like a billion dollars. Releasing every CD with 8 different versions was already too much but this just feels egregious. Just let it stream or let people straight up buy it. This feels icky.'

Someone else said: 'I'm kinda tired of her releasing one thing and then different versions of it later. I want to buy the thing and that's it, I know I've gotten the complete item. Not dribs and drabs of it.' 

Another fan replied to that Tweet saying: 'The general vibe is that people are unimpressed by this blatant cash grab.'

Others pointed out that Taylor had withheld three songs from the movie theater release of her concert film that would now be available in the rented version. 

Therefore even if fans had paid to see the film in the theater they have to pay again if they want to watch these additional performances. 
source

Cockroach of GGD
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 5

bionic

Glad they're finally reaching their breaking point and realize they're being exploited, not 'supporting a friend'

buy bionic
  • Like 13
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 5

bionic
4 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Others pointed out that Taylor had withheld three songs from the movie theater release of her concert film that would now be available in the rented version. 

Therefore even if fans had paid to see the film in the theater they have to pay again if they want to watch these additional performances. 

This I find less controversial lol

I know most of her fans are kids, but extended cuts on home release have always been a thing

buy bionic

Juanlittlem

If only more fans realised this so many artists would stop doing it

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Thanks 1

Werewolves Wanted

I think it’s perfectly fine to critique her about this. I say this as a swiftie. But I don’t know why people have such a gripe with the vinyl and cd variants. For collectors like myself it’s fun to have these beautiful variations. And it really doesn’t hurt anyone to just not buy them. The only thing I can see people getting frustrated over is the “exclusive” tracks. But those all seem to make it onto streaming eventually anyways 

Edited by Werewolves Wanted
  • Like 2

Reality

It's kinda crazy that Taylor is literally at the top of her game and gives fans almost everything they want and they still complain. Meanwhile we're here wondering if Gaga just started working on LG7 :selena: 

Also though, she's the epitome of merchandising. Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken some people this long to realize that literally everything she does is for the money considering how devoted her fanbase is. She knows she has an audience of people willing to buy pretty much everything she puts out. And btw, this is what almost every artist and company with a devoted fanbase does. It's not just exclusive to Taylor.

Edited by Reality
🃏🖤👹
  • Like 2

Werewolves Wanted

Coming back in here to say that $19.89 is practically the price of a newly released blu ray. That is really intense for a 2 day rental 

• Thanks 1

Naak Le Vaar

Someone educate me if I'm out of line, but aren't a lot of movies and shows overpriced like this for rental anyway?

Lmao they blocked my signature
  • Like 2

Rat Boy

I’m surprised how ambitious she still is about smashing records. I feel like Gaga’s in a place where she’s filthy rich and isn’t as motivated to make money as much as she used to be. There comes a certain point where you are so rich that more money doesn’t make a difference (I have personal experience with this as the head chef at Joanne Trattoria). 

Edited by Rat Boy
"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

I hope this makes them realize they don't need to buy every single thing she releases. I think renting for $20 is a little wild if it'll be for sale or streaming in a month or two.. therefore wouldn't pay for it! Not angry about it lol

• Like 1

Meredith Grey

I knew exactly who the author of this article was going to be before I opened it. She’s written like 3 articles trashing Taylor just this week. I’ve seen more Swifties complain about her than the price of the rental:laughga:

Emigrante
7 hours ago, Rat Boy said:

I’m surprised how ambitious she still is about smashing records. I feel like Gaga’s in a place where she’s filthy rich and isn’t as motivated to make money as much as she used to be. There comes a certain point where you are so rich that more money doesn’t make a difference (I have personal experience with this as the head chef at Joanne Trattoria). 

Are you Gaga’s dad?

Edited by The Powerpuff Girl
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, Werewolves Wanted said:

I think it’s perfectly fine to critique her about this. I say this as a swiftie. But I don’t know why people have such a gripe with the vinyl and cd variants. For collectors like myself it’s fun to have these beautiful variations. And it really doesn’t hurt anyone to just not buy them. The only thing I can see people getting frustrated over is the “exclusive” tracks. But those all seem to make it onto streaming eventually anyways 

Id be mad if I got an album and the back cover wasnt full, like this one or 1989 version

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Glad they're finally reaching their breaking point and realize they're being exploited, not 'supporting a friend'

:fan:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

• Admin locked this topic