Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You fav Gaga Vocal Era?

Controversiaga

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

My personal favorite is Born This Way. I think her best ALL AROUND vocals come from Chromatica (album) because it touches pretty much every way in which she uses her voice in some way. 
I think her vocal peak on a consistent basis might have been her most recent Las Vegas leg to be quite honest, but it’s a toss up with C2C era and Joanne WT. C2C obviously had amazing live performances, but she had a lot of shoddy performances on that tour. Joanne WT had great vocal moments but lacked passion. I also think Chromatica Ball is up there for sure. She gave some really really good performances with specifically Shallow and 1000 Doves. I’ll excuse Hold My Hand and Rain on Me since they were at the end of the sets lol

Edited by TylerBR97
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

JazzGa

This is gonna be a duh answer from someone named JazzGa, but L4S era had by far her most effortless and skilled vocals :legend: Her voice keeps getting more controlled and more nimble yet softer. She doesn't bellow out a belted note as often as she used to do during C2C era, or use her loud upper range as much. I think being more subtle and controlled shows off her technical skills better.

Bang Bang is a great example of a song that shows off her vocal growth from the 2014 version to the 2021 Westfield version with that beautiful dark run at the end

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Helxig

I fell in love with her voice and how she uses it on BTW. But I think ARTPOP era had my favourite vocals. There's something about her doing the artRAVE and Jazz tours at the same time that just landed it in this *chefs kiss* place

Spoiler

Also I hate sounding like a hater but I preferred her higher, brighter tone in the past :huntyga:  I still think she had incredible vocals and I really did love her delivery on Chromatica (probably the best control of all albums tbh) they were sooo good but... idk why I really love the old sound 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 2

LG7 time now
9 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I fell in love with her voice and how she uses it on BTW. But I think ARTPOP era had my favourite vocals. There's something about her doing the artRAVE and Jazz tours at the same time that just landed it in this *chefs kiss* place

Hide contents

Also I hate sounding like a hater but I preferred her higher, brighter tone in the past :huntyga:  I still think she had incredible vocals and I really did love her delivery on Chromatica (probably the best control of all albums tbh) they were sooo good but... idk why I really love the old sound 

About Chromatica, am I really the only one who thinks her voice SCREAMS “antipsychotic”? Especially in Sour Candy, you can guess she’s taking A LOT of these pills :traumatica:

• LMAO 1

RenegAde

love how everyone is pretending like all the ASIB tracks are not some of the best vocal performances of the 2010s. on the other hand, the ARTPOP vocals are really underrated.  

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 3

The Cheek to Cheek/Joanne/early ASIB era (2014-2018) was her vocal peak in my opinion. There were signs of that growth in ARTPOP, but she was not fully there yet.

She's currently entering a second peak after that weird time between 2018-2019. The Chromatica Ball, her Jazz shows and collab with the Stones show how much work she still puts in her voice and how much of it we still havent seen ( I mean, belting G5s and her first recorded and then live C6, at almost 40 ? RESPECT).

So I'd say her current Chromatica/L4S/SSOH/Vegas '23 era is my favorite. She has become a more well rounded vocalist and is exploring areas of her voice that were previously neglected. There's also a nice balance of her old sounds and a healthier approach for this point of her life.

Edited by Lukas96
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

GAGAROOMOFFICIEL

Btw Ball tour ! i fell in love with "the edge of glory" acappella moment :firega:

Or princess die at piano ... oh my ... really need the studio version :traumatica:

TEANUS

Knowing in 2014-2018 that every time she sang ANYTHING it was going to be a highlight vocal performance of her career was truly something

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 1

Maxine Puth
5 hours ago, RenegAde said:

love how everyone is pretending like all the ASIB tracks are not some of the best vocal performances of the 2010s. on the other hand, the ARTPOP vocals are really underrated.  

what are your favorite vocals =/= what are her best vocals :max: I think we can all objectively say ASIB is the album with her best vocals when it comes to technique and range. But that’s not what this thread is for

Edited by Maxine Puth
  • Like 1

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Maxine Puth said:

what are your favorite vocals =/= what are her best vocals :max: I think we can all objectively say ASIB is the album with her best vocals when it comes to technique and range. But that’s not what this thread is for

My response is obviously referring to the large majority of comments attributing gagas vocal peak to cheek to cheek or Joanne etc. Sounds like you skipped everyone else's comment except mine, context is key. :max:

Helxig
On 11/29/2023 at 11:12 PM, The Z said:

About Chromatica, am I really the only one who thinks her voice SCREAMS “antipsychotic”? Especially in Sour Candy, you can guess she’s taking A LOT of these pills :traumatica:

It's funny because I know exactly what you're talking about :laughga: the drawly vocals deep vocals. I honestly think it's a technical choice though

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 1

Oriane

Not a fan of the vocals she had before ARTPOP.

During The Fame, her voice was ruined by whatever drugs she had been taking. It sounded interesting in some songs, but whenever she tried to hit a high note, it was just bad.

In The Fame Monster and Born this Way, I find her voice too soft, too sweet, almost childish at some points in Born this Way.

ARTPOP is when it starts becoming really interesting for me. Her voice was full and powerful, capable of being raw and deep at some points and not sounding too childish when high-pitched. Same with Cheek to Cheek.

I absolutely love her voice since Joanne. A voice that sounds more mature, deeper, full of character, that conveys all kinds of emotions. 

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 2