life

Cirkut has started following Gaga on IG

Ronlop

Featured Posts

elijahfan
2 hours ago, Micmaky said:

We need a more maximalist dark pop album like born this way. I fear Gaga became too safe after ARTPOP and we well never get experimentalGa again 

Well, can’t blame her for not wanting to put herself back in the position she was in during ARTPOP… but yeah I get what you mean, in many aspects Chromatica feels a bit self-conscious and more on the safe side, at least sonically.

I’m pretty sure she’s treading carefully so she doesn’t lose the credibility she gained the past few years. Hopefully, Chromatica’s reception encourages her to go further if she feels like it.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

HeavyMetal Halcyon

I feel like Cirkut has been brought in at the end to put final touches on the album. Kind of like Bloodpop with Joanne, and Madeon/Max Martin with 911/Stupid Love. 

Cirkut is definently a generic pop machine, but he's talented and his production is on point, so I have faith that whatever he is contributing is going to enhance the project. 

Still curious what route this album is going to go down, but this makes me more excited that we're going to get some bangers. 

Chromatica Forever
  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

I feel like Cirkut has been brought in at the end to put final touches on the album. Kind of like Bloodpop with Joanne, and Madeon/Max Martin with 911/Stupid Love. 

Cirkut is definently a generic pop machine, but he's talented and his production is on point, so I have faith that whatever he is contributing is going to enhance the project. 

Still curious what route this album is going to go down, but this makes me more excited that we're going to get some bangers. 

I'm thinking this as well, since we know she's been in the Studio with BURNS for a while and have been speculating RedOne, who's a friend of Cirkut, too. I'm so excited to see what she's been cooking up!

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4

Nathaniel Arven

just omg.

edit : i just can't wait for new blood in the haus. 

punintended. 

Edited by Nathaniel Arven
  • Like 1

SevenWonder
18 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Well, by the time Joanne and Chromatica happened, BloodPop had already been all over Madonna and Justin Bieber's 2015 albums so he wasn't really new to the pop star game. I'm not sure how Chromatica's sound is aging, it was definitely on trend in 2020, but to me ARTPOP is her most dated sounding record, especially the Zedd and more EDM-leaning songs.

Meanwhile, Born This Way is still generating hits 12 years after its release.

Agreed. I wasn't a Gaga fan during BTW. I liked the singles well enough, sure. But after ARTPOP (when I became a fan), I went back and really listened to her first three records. I couldn't believe how good BTW was and is. From beginning to end. It's such a timeless work.

• YAAAS 5
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Good, he’s a great producer. But I wish she collaborated with more up-and-coming people, I sometimes feel like Gaga arrives a bit late to the party with her sounds. She missed the SOPHIE train, Danny L’Harle has just been snatched by Dua…

Either way, curious about what’s to come. She and the fanbase deserve to experience a smooth era after all this time…

I think she was ahead until Joanne. I mean she got zedd signed ARTPOP just took a minute to get released. 

• Thanks 1

Agunimon
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I think she was ahead until Joanne. I mean she got zedd signed ARTPOP just took a minute to get released. 

I think the point they were making was the fact that what Zedd for example brought to ARTPOP was trends in music from 2012. You can hear it all throughout ARTPOP, but especially so in the tracks he touched the most. Up until that point, a lot of her work wasn't a resemblance was already on the radio, but what would be on the radio, and started trends that cascaded to her contemporaries.

On the other hand, Gaga got RedOne early (at least as far as mainstream successes). His work that followed Gaga's biggest hits with him were resonate of Gaga's biggest hits with him. Those trends created from particularly his work with her would be those cascades.

Whereas, the work found on Born This Way weren't current trends, so you can't really pinpoint when it was released if you were to pick it up - you'd hear the 80s inspiration, but that'd be it. And that stands for just about every track on the album.

I hope what comes in this album is the same. I greatly enjoyed Chromatica and even Joanne, but I do see where people are saying with the critisicm they had of it, especially when she was always known as someone who was an innovator for pop music.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 2

elijahfan
56 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

It's not just the Zedd songs, it's the overall EDM sound and the occasional trap influences, it's just very early 2010s. Literally everyone was doing it back then. Dated isn't necessarily a negative word, it just means it really embodies the time when it was made. Her other records have a much more timeless and influential quality, Joanne included (I mean, look at the amount of pop artists that went acoustic after 2016...).

Edited by elijahfan

1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

I think the point they were making was the fact that what Zedd for example brought to ARTPOP was trends in music from 2012. You can hear it all throughout ARTPOP, but especially so in the tracks he touched the most. Up until that point, a lot of her work wasn't a resemblance was already on the radio, but what would be on the radio, and started trends that cascaded to her contemporaries.

On the other hand, Gaga got RedOne early (at least as far as mainstream successes). His work that followed Gaga's biggest hits with him were resonate of Gaga's biggest hits with him. Those trends created from particularly his work with her would be those cascades.

Whereas, the work found on Born This Way weren't current trends, so you can't really pinpoint when it was released if you were to pick it up - you'd hear the 80s inspiration, but that'd be it. And that stands for just about every track on the album.

I hope what comes in this album is the same. I greatly enjoyed Chromatica and even Joanne, but I do see where people are saying with the critisicm they had of it, especially when she was always known as someone who was an innovator for pop music.

Oh I just mean had she gotten ARTPOP out sooner it would have made a difference. If I remember correctly, I remember she had it done months sooner but Interscope told her to go back to the drawing board, essentially. But yeah I agree :) just think that with ARTPOP, bc of its delay, that’s why **** went slower after the album and she kinda fell behind trend wise. She also wasn’t really hitting the gay clubs as much anymore

ajmsamuel
8 hours ago, Micmaky said:

We need a more maximalist dark pop album like born this way. I fear Gaga became too safe after ARTPOP and we well never get experimentalGa again 

this, it kinda revives with chromatica but yeah

kindest regards

VOLANTIS
On 11/27/2023 at 12:56 AM, LateToCult said:

Dare I get my hopes up? :bradley:

I would wait. Lord knows how hyped I was for the chromatica line-up and 90% of them didn't make it

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

LateToCult
21 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

I would wait. Lord knows how hyped I was for the chromatica line-up and 90% of them didn't make it

I don’t even care about the line up tbh. It’s Gaga so I already know there are gonna be a few songs I like and some I consider filler. That’s just how it is every project. I just want to know that there IS a lineup already. :alsemanche:

• LMAO 1

FFXIV WhiteMage
On 11/27/2023 at 3:13 AM, MaybeKermit said:

Isnt he ava max’s bf/ex?

New song confirmed

“Sweet but a Half Psychotic, sick, hypnotic”

:messga:

• LMAO 2

skedaddleBItCh
On 11/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, Starmie25 said:

ARTPOP still sounds great because it didn't go the formulaic EDM route at the time. There's so much difference electronic styles on that album from "Applause", title track, Aura, Manicure and so on. 

Y'all need to let go of ARTPOP being different from all other EDMs because most EDMs back then, think The Fox, had interesting melodies and sounds. ARTPOP isn't as special as y'all make it out to be. Maybe Aura only, but even that obviously sounds so 2013 EDM 😭

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭