Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 following controversal comments

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Not The Real Gaga
2 hours ago, Future Lovers said:

Where exactly is the anti-semitism in this? Nothing Melissa said was anti-semitic. 

Her comments about the media could be interpretended that way, to be fair.

8 minutes ago, Levine said:

I think I won't watch Scream 7

None of us will, they screwed themselves over with this one. Only way out for them is to sell the rights to the franchise.

• Like 4

Pennywise
1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Her comments about the media could be interpretended that way, to be fair.

Yes, that whole "Jewish people control the media" conspiracy thing. But she IS right about the fact that almost ALL western media is with Israel. Like, that is just a fact. For her to be fired over stating that (while it could have been done more... eloquently? but I don't blame her for not being as "eloquent" in the face of genocide, at all) is simply ridiculous. This is simply weaponizing the concept of antisemitism against any dissident thoughts at all. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Natalia Kills
14 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

To be honest, there's so much information regarding both sides I have no idea where to stand. It's all very overwhelming. That's why I haven't posted about it. 

Yeah I’m in the same boat, honestly don’t be afraid to focus your mind elsewhere/on other issues or just give yourself a break (this is a Lady Gaga fan site tbf). For me, it doesn’t make sense to support a side when both are being lead by groups that are accused of attempted genocide.

Shame about the actress being fired, she wasn’t a Neve Campbell but I bet she was instrumental in the next film’s setup.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

DontCallMeAlice
46 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Jenna also asked to end her contract 

Reportedly. I don’t think it’s official yet. 

Padam.

gumzy3000

I'm not surprised at all. Its not a secret that Jewish people hold a lot of big positions in Hollywood. Most Jews would say they support Israel as well. This is a fact and not antisemitic to say so. Her speaking up on the war and getting fired is terrifying. I am sure there are countless other celebrities who are too afraid to speak up. This is not right at all. I get free speech is a privilege but silencing people who speak up on human rights issues and genocide is something we should ALL fight against. 

trolly troll troll

phantasmas

Sad to see because she's one of my fave upcoming latinx actors :alsemanche:

but at this point any character seems to be able to die or return within the Scream universe with little motive or explanation needed.. so I'm sure production will selfishly move forward w/o her or Jenna Ortega..  :madge:

i guess the dilemma now is whether we should continue to support the series or naur?? I get that people fought for Neve Campbell because of pay issues but this seems to be much more than that