đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Sex Dreams (demo) vs. Sexxx Dreams (album version)

Blackout19

Which song?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Title.

• Sex Dreams (demo)
    • Sexxx Dreams (album version)

Featured Posts

Blackout19

Which song do you like more? 

To be honest, I really like the demo version, it's so much better. 

lady gaga applause GIF

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

PartySick

Out of the two? The album version is better imo

But there are things that they both do better than the other!

The "you were in my / you were in my dreams" during the chorus really helps the song to be less repetitive and more interesting. The first chorus being shorter in the album version also makes the song feel as if it's growing as you listen to it. The bridge on the album version is much better too.

The album version's lyrics and structure >>>>>>

However, the production feels more natural and intimate in the demo. And those weird synthy noises (not fully sure what they are) on the bridge give an almost malicious or dark edge to it. Which makes sense considering she's dreaming of an affair.

The demo version's production and tone >>>>>>>

đź’š
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Poltergeist

I've always found the addition of You were in my in the chorus unnecessary, I prefer to focus on those amazing synths. I also like the lyrics of the demo's bridge WAY more, as it also fits the whole concept better.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Luke78619

I’d say the demo, I agree that the added “you were in my” on the chorus’ make it a bit cluttered, and I prefer the longer first chorus. 

I’ve already edited the song to have the longer first chorus :derpga: but the day the stems leak, I’ll be editing all the chorus’ so that the first chorus is exactly like the demo, then the second has the added “don’t stop the party”, then the final also has the “you were in my” added, so that there is that progression throughout 

the amount of times I’ve edited ARTPOP songs, just makes me wish the vision for the ARTPOP app actually went through :messga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, Poltergeist said:

I've always found the addition of You were in my in the chorus unnecessary, I prefer to focus on those amazing synths. I also like the lyrics of the demo's bridge WAY more, as it also fits the whole concept better.

And the slightly slowed sexxed up beat on the demo.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Arcanum

Demo version is dark and sensual.

Album version flirts with disco.

giphy.gif

+That gif. Oh my oh my...

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

ALittleMonsta

i have to say the album version but the demo bridge is so poetic! and theres two chromatica references in the demo bridge!!

Anderson123

The final version sounds better but the demo has those synths in the background that I really love during the second "Heard your boyfriend was away this weekend..." part.

• Like 1

Donatellah

Both have elements that make them better and worse when you compare each other...

The album version felt more polished and finished, but its bridge is kind of meh compared to the demo which was more alive and catchy...

Demo version had better instrumentation elements, but it feels a bit too slow and repetitive

Honestly, I wish Gaga had released the album version with the original bridge and synths and we could've got the definitive version

• Like 1

Gorehound

I love both of them, but the demo definitely had more sultry steamy atmospherics. The album version feels a little empty and could've done with more echoing effects, breathy synths, textures and details to make it a rly delirious experience:heat:

I personally don't like the ad-libs added in the chorus on the album version. I actually feel they diminish the effect of the chorus rather than heighten it.

Also I don't rly like the bridges of either versions. Both feel kinda clumsy and neither compliment the rest of the song. I would've preferred a kind of synth solo and instrumental breakdown with more of those slutty whispers from the first verse, all playing off one another and building in tension up and up until it suddenly cuts to "I can't believe I'm telling you this...."  as if she's just woken up. :shrug:  just a thought.

I'm fine, Ta

Aga Gydal

I feel like the album version is superior in almost every way. I go back and forth on the “let’s start the partaaay” ad libs in the chorus, but it does feel empty without them. If the album version kept those off in the first chorus but left them in the second and third, it’d be perfect. 

The demo’s ruined by what’s probably the worst bridge she’s ever written. Glad she changed it lol

Edited by Aga Gydal