1 hour ago, CHIPCHROME said:

Not another residency

But that's tooo bad... 

:icant:  :franminervini:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

JoanneMonster

Some of you dont understand that not everyone can afford to go to vegas to see a show. She has fans all over the world, no one is saying she is forced to be there or that she doesnt like it, but she should take in consideration that most of her fans are not rich or dont live close to vegas. I hate how they say “come to vegas if you want to see her” as if it was that easy for everyone. Even if I had the money, I wouldn’t take a 12h flight just to see a show, makes no sense.

I See You
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

King of the Fall

You people still crying about this? She is in Vegas to stay and she likes Vegas, get over it.

Edited by 4th Street
We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ultimecia said:

I'm a bit sad to see her concerts visuals devolving to only images on big screens.

I think we can all agree that her most impressive tour visuals were at the BTWB, and back then she took the stance of using no screens at all. Achieving her visuals exclusively through physical and practical means.

The ArtRAVE and JWT had amazing catwalks and used projections very effectively.

The CBT only had giant screens however, and it was a disappointing aspect of the concert.

A residency at the Sphere would only amplify the issue.

CBT had my favourite visuals because of the way they layered the visuals on the screens :artdoll2:

it really made the stage morph, especially in songs like 911 and SL :artdoll2:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ultimecia said:

I'm a bit sad to see her concerts visuals devolving to only images on big screens.

I think we can all agree that her most impressive tour visuals were at the BTWB, and back then she took the stance of using no screens at all. Achieving her visuals exclusively through physical and practical means.

The ArtRAVE and JWT had amazing catwalks and used projections very effectively.

The CBT only had giant screens however, and it was a disappointing aspect of the concert.

A residency at the Sphere would only amplify the issue.

Remember what TCBT had that the others didn’t. Gaga walking though the crowd at Free Woman was breathtaking and kinda brave tbf. And then she had the island in the middle which was awesome! Also TCB imo had some of the best interludes since TMB and she does those the best

i don’t think we always need crazy catwalks in every tour 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

21 hours ago, PartySick said:

I heard that place is hemorrhaging money :laughga: like, it costs more to operate than they make by filling the place up.

Gaga's already ridiculously expensive to see, the tickets for that show would be in the thousands probably.

I’m not sure your source but that’s not true at all. The media has taken the headline “100 million loss for its first quarter” and run with it. The start of Every single huge enterprise is from a point of loss. Whether that’s Apple, Microsoft, Amazon etc. Some companies take years to break even just because of the set up costs. This is no different for the sphere. 

• Like 1

PartySick
2 hours ago, JoanneMonster said:

but she should take in consideration that most of her fans are not rich or dont live close to vegas

I hear you, I do, but fans also have to take into consideration that staying in one place is MUCH better for her mental and physical health.

And if it came down to her running herself ragged on a tour or some fans missing out on shows, I'd rather she do the second one.

And I say this as someone who doesn't plan on ever traveling to Vegas to see her :laughga:

But don't forget she managed to do a global summer tour between Vegas residencies. There's no reason she can't do that again, fans just have to accept that she has more limitations, travel wise, than she did before 2013.

1 minute ago, Glojuice said:

I’m not sure your source but that’s not true at all. The media has taken the headline “100 million loss for its first quarter” and run with it. The start of Every single huge enterprise is from a point of loss. Whether that’s Apple, Microsoft, Amazon etc. Some companies take years to break even just because of the set up costs. This is no different for the sphere. 

The operating costs did outweigh the profits from sales/concert goers for the U2 show or something like that. But yeah, I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually. I just fear it'll be like $1k+ to see Gaga or something crazy like that :messga:

I don't really care too much about it so it's not a hill I'm dying on :sweat:

💚
  • Thanks 1

LordByron28
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I hear you, I do, but fans also have to take into consideration that staying in one place is MUCH better for her mental and physical health.

And if it came down to her running herself ragged on a tour or some fans missing out on shows, I'd rather she do the second one.

And I say this as someone who doesn't plan on ever traveling to Vegas to see her :laughga:

But don't forget she managed to do a global summer tour between Vegas residencies. There's no reason she can't do that again, fans just have to accept that she has more limitations, travel wise, than she did before 2013.

The operating costs did outweigh the profits from sales/concert goers for the U2 show or something like that. But yeah, I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually. I just fear it'll be like $1k+ to see Gaga or something crazy like that :messga:

I don't really care too much about it so it's not a hill I'm dying on :sweat:

I think if she could offer consistent recording and easily accessible releases with these residencies it could be more of a happy balance. Obviously it can be hard for fans who look at her contemporaries like Taylor and BeyoncÊ with their major tours and movies. Her health comes first and I believe it also helps for her burgeoning acting career. 

Starmie25
23 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

August 2024 (next year) will be a decade since Gaga has been to Australia. If she does go ahead with this residency it's safe to say she's never gonna go on a proper world tour ever again. :fatcat:

I think fans need to realise due to her fibro 20-30 shows will be the "norm" for Gaga going forward with LG7 and so on. 

However I am hoping the Mexico rumours for 2024 are true, because it'll mean she's planning on returning to South America and possibly other places which haven't experienced Gaga gigs for 9 years now, ala Australia, NZ etc.

Edited by Starmie25

18 hours ago, PartySick said:

As far as I know, there were only a few U2 shows last quarter. On the other hand, there are probably high costs such as the hiring and training of key people months ago, the cost of the entire trial operation process, a lot of fixed costs (e.g. wages of permanent people, maintenance costs), which have not yet been offset by any income at that time. It is quite common for new facilities to have extremely high initial operating costs in addition to construction costs.

• Like 1

It makes sense - she went watch a show and test out the stage/sound (during a show with U2). Enigma was also mostly screen visuals, so this is just an upgrade to that format.