💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

So at the end of the day, Gaga didn't say anything about ARTPOP's anniversary...

Donatellah

Featured Posts

Ophelia
25 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Absolutely offtopic, but that rhino thing was SO clever! she should make it a staple in her brand, she's a rhino queen with no need of a rhinoplasty

I have a Roman nose as well and I always wear my JWT tee with this image very proudly :queenga:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

HelloHangoverz

I think it's entirely fair that some of us entertained the possibility that something called Act II might have happened on the anniversary.

I thought we'd get something. It's not like I believe there's been a secret completed album called ARTPOP Act II sitting on some hard drive for ten years. What's different about this is one of ARTPOP's lead producers spoke publicly about and even made a promise that we would get something. A song, an EP, who knows? It was never specified. But in my opinion, this means that dismissing people's expectations as irrational is kinda unfair. And Gaga's silence could easily have been interpreted as not wanting to spoil a surprise. 

(To clarify, I totally see a distinction between what I've described above, and people making Twitter accounts to countdown to the release of a full album-length ARTPOP Act II on 11th November. There's a difference, that was clearly never gonna happen)

It never happened, oh well. Onwards and upwards, it's not the end of the world. We all knew 11th November 2023 could easily be v rough, let's not fall into that trap now

Edited by HelloHangoverz
sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1

I get that some people might think a large portion of this fanbase is being melodramatic. The issue is, at least in my case, is that Gaga was a friend to me growing up. Being someone that grew up feeling abandoned/alone, her music was something that brought joy and the community made me feel like I had a chosen family.

the truth is ARTPOP killed what Lady Gaga is/was. And yesterday was the final nail in the coffin of the old Gaga as we know it. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, because the loss of the Gaga we know was probably incredibly healthy for Stefani. But for me, personally, it feels like it’s time to finally let go of the fanbase and Gaga as an artist. Things have change and none of us are the same people anymore. She’ll keep her distance (which she has a right too) and will probably continue allowing her label to drop unfulfilling merch/events and casual fans will keep eating it up.

Religion is a product to sell.
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

Cello

I think what rubs me the wrong way is the fact that, out of the many things she could have done to recognise the anniversary (even just something small), ALL she did was promote her overpriced and poor quality merch. I would have preferred it if she did nothing at all lol, never expected any new music.

Edited by Cello
do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

Juanlittlem

ARTPOP ACT II was obviously not coming but it could've been as easy as posting a message finally clarifying it will never come and to celebrate this 10th anniversary instead of giving us ACT II she's giving us behind the scenes content (demos + photoshoot that leaked) and I'm sure everyone would be fine with it.

Edit: Like, we all saw how excited about getting those everyone was, and you'll end the questions about ACT II.

Edited by Juanlittlem
Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

I get that some people might think a large portion of this fanbase is being melodramatic. The issue is, at least in my case, is that Gaga was a friend to me growing up. Being someone that grew up feeling abandoned/alone, her music was something that brought joy and the community made me feel like I had a chosen family.

the truth is ARTPOP killed what Lady Gaga is/was. And yesterday was the final nail in the coffin of the old Gaga as we know it. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, because the loss of the Gaga we know was probably incredibly healthy for Stefani. But for me, personally, it feels like it’s time to finally let go of the fanbase and Gaga as an artist. Things have change and none of us are the same people anymore. She’ll keep her distance (which she has a right too) and will probably continue allowing her label to drop unfulfilling merch/events and casual fans will keep eating it up.

I get what you’re saying, it is sad that she keeps her distance these days. I felt the same at some point, but I think it’s never healthy to get affirmation or validation from someone who doesn’t know you exists. I think even artists who are super close to there fans will become distant one day too, as at some point things just get old. It’s sad to think what went down in 2013/2014 did to her, I think certain things some people just can’t get over no matter how many years and maybe one day she’ll explain. I hate change so much, and it’s changed A LOT in the past few years :(

Edited by Guest

Wet Fire

Do little monsters just wake up and decide they want to be disappointed for the day for this reason or that?

Getting an update or tribute from Gaga regarding ARTPOP would have been nice. But if the album is really special to you (it is to me) then celebrate it as loudly as you want and involve others. Just because Gaga didn't write a post doesn't mean the album's value to you has lessened. Or that she doesn't give a **** about her own music.

• Like 6

Donatellah
2 minutes ago, Cello said:

I would have preferred it if she did nothing at all lol, never expected any new music.

Amen! :vegas:

Controversiaga
1 hour ago, LilMissThang said:

Now only 3 more years until we get Joanne: Frankensteined Reloaded Original LG5 The Re-Up featuring Frankensteined and Rhino 😍

This one is gonna be HUGE

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • YAAAS 1

It is a lil surprising she didn't say anything. I'm really curious about why

I feel like something keeps her from sharing her feelings :oprah: I don't think it's because it triggers her because her closest team has written their thoughts and love yesterday and @ her on it :oprah:

• Like 3

I have always had a lot of harsh criticism for Gaga, but one thing I’d like to point out is that we get nothing at all for Fame Monster’s anniversary and none of you care. :interestinga:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

LittleMonster20

Ok but hear me out … ARTPOP ACT II, if it were to happen, wouldn’t have been released in 2013 (ten years ago) in the first place. I vividly remember that it was teased for a spring 2014 release near the start of the artRAVE, because Gaga originally wanted to combine tracks of ARTPOP and ACT II for the setlist. So maybe the hope for ACT II is not over yet?

Call me naive but I refuse to believe we’ll never get ACT II after the petition, the sudden resurface of ARTPOP in 2021 (going #1 in a lot of places), DJWS revealing there are 40 (FORTY) finished/almost-finished tracks for ARTPOP ACT II, DJWS playing the TEA intro at JWT Fenway Park, etc. There’s no way all of that was for nothing.

Edited by LittleMonster20
  • LMAO 1

Starmie25
9 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

She leaked all the stuff maybe :laughga:

Same.

I doubt a hacker had 200 official promo photos lying around on a hardrive 

• Like 1