opinion

So at the end of the day, Gaga didn't say anything about ARTPOP's anniversary...

Donatellah

Featured Posts

Good god just let it go already everyone! Move on seriously please

how can everyone be so deep down this rabbit hole, go find a hobby

Edited by DISZKO
  • Like 3

Chromatography
2 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Is anyone else feeling kind of relieved the whole thing is over? Like I enjoyed the leaks so much and it was so nice to just celebrate this entire album, but it's nice knowing now where things stand and not dealing with constant uncertainty 

there was no uncertainty. she laid it to rest with the petition last year or whenever it was that ARTPOP is something to move on from. the cbt didn’t even have any ARTPOP songs. ARTPOP is one of my faves and came out when i was a freshman in college so it holds a special place in my heart but it’s time we all move on from it 

• Like 1

OMonster

I think we have to accept that Gaga doesn't wish to celebrate ARTPOP. More broadly, we have to accept that Gaga isn't the artist or person she was back then. Everything about her changed since around 2015. She will never be the Lady Gaga she used to be, for better or worse. 

subtext / fantasy

Oriane
2 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

But you still found a window in your busy diary to log in, peruse the threads and leave a bitchy comment out of nowhere? Versatile queen

Believe me, this feels better than living under the impression that you cannot fully appreciate an album if the artist isn't making some tweet about it for its anniversary. Laughing is good for your health!

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 3

I think she’s become a lot less genuine ever since she started acting. Combining that with being sober from recreational drugs and possibly being on antidepressants or some other medications, that can all change how you come across to other people. This becomes really apparent during her movie promotions like ASIB and HOG. Seeing how rehearsed she was, it was like looking at a completely different artist. I get promoting an album is different, but her answers were never that prepared and robotic. Actually this all probably started when she did AHS. Ever since I got that vibe from her, I haven’t expected to get actual genuine posts or acknowledgments. She only does that now when she’s forced to. 

Also I understand being upset at her for posting the merch, but that was 100% put on her story by her team and made through her label. The problem is JUST posting that. 

Edited by HIM820
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 3

i didn't expect act 2 at all but i did expect her to post something... it's just sad that she didn't, the very least she could do for those who fought for the album when the world turned its back on her...

the FAN FAVOURITE deserves the special shoutout

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

Togekiss
4 hours ago, Donatellah said:

I wasn't expecting her to give ARTPOP the same treatment as BTW (thank God)

Why would this woman lift a finger when this is what she gets? :saladga:

360 > 143

TimotheeChalamet
4 hours ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Ok but hear me out … ARTPOP ACT II, if it were to happen, wouldn’t have been released in 2013 (ten years ago) in the first place. I vividly remember that it was teased for a spring 2014 release near the start of the artRAVE, because Gaga originally wanted to combine tracks of ARTPOP and ACT II for the setlist. So maybe the hope for ACT II is not over yet?

Call me naive but I refuse to believe we’ll never get ACT II after the petition, the sudden resurface of ARTPOP in 2021 (going #1 in a lot of places), DJWS revealing there are 40 (FORTY) finished/almost-finished tracks for ARTPOP ACT II, DJWS playing the TEA intro at JWT Fenway Park, etc. There’s no way all of that was for nothing.

It was for nothing, they simply cannot release any unreleased demo and it will never change, maybe only after Gaga has died and those vile executives want to make profit on her posthumous fame. Move on. 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet

Okinawa

Guys,

you hyped yourselves so much for an anniversary gift and it isn't without reason considering previous albums were remembered but you have to read in between the lines, you have to read the little clues, you have to analyse the small details. Gaga has become rather inactive the past years... it would be very unusual if she made an exception for ARTPOP 10 years ... some of u feel like it is unusual NOT TO GET an anniversary special proper ... but ... back then, Gaga was active. And this is a tremendous difference compared to now. She stopped being active and therefore all moral reason to get anything special is gone, too. As I've written in another topic, 10 years of an album are special to hardcore fans - not to the artist herself because the artist knew the album before the release date and doesn't have a specific date to celebrate and Gaga has many albums, the release date has no strong enough meaning in her life that would justify getting back from inactive to active , otherwise she would have made an exception. When she remembered it back then, the reason was.... she was active. She might think from time to time to the album but think in private about it, previously she was active and that means she "thought in loud".

Actually I think the problem is relatively easy: Fans want their artist to be active, this is natural. They want something. This is the essence of being a fan. And then people hype themselves up and they hype themselves into disappointment which could have been avoided.

I didn't expect anything at all, and not re-releasing an album  is imo not worse than re-releasing album whose only new songs are old remixes of already known songs. I don't understand the marketing of the merch approach, I think more fans would buy it if it was cheaper and they would make more money despite cheaper prices. Like, when I sell limonade for 5$... maybe 7 persons might buy it on a day. If I sold it for 2$... perhaps 30 perhaps would have bought it.

~We are Reel Cool~
  • Like 2

BlingNotTheMusic
6 hours ago, Grigio Guy said:

I get that some people might think a large portion of this fanbase is being melodramatic. The issue is, at least in my case, is that Gaga was a friend to me growing up. Being someone that grew up feeling abandoned/alone, her music was something that brought joy and the community made me feel like I had a chosen family.

the truth is ARTPOP killed what Lady Gaga is/was. And yesterday was the final nail in the coffin of the old Gaga as we know it. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, because the loss of the Gaga we know was probably incredibly healthy for Stefani. But for me, personally, it feels like it’s time to finally let go of the fanbase and Gaga as an artist. Things have change and none of us are the same people anymore. She’ll keep her distance (which she has a right too) and will probably continue allowing her label to drop unfulfilling merch/events and casual fans will keep eating it up.

This is where I am now. It's sad but she's moved on and seemingly sold out to makeup and movies.

#BlingNotTheMusic

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1

BornSimon

I don't have a problem with her not releasing anything or not posting anything about ARTPOP. I have been celebrating the album this weekend and the leaks were fantastic.

I just dislike the fact that she DID send out a link to more mass-produced overpriced merchandise. 

• Like 1

HotLikeMexico

I was fine and accepted they’d be no acknowledgement. I don’t really care for ARTPOP personally. But as a fan, just the link to the merch was tacky as hell. 

Edited by HotLikeMexico
  • Thanks 4

TheSine

Just because she doesn't say anything to the public doesn't mean she doesn't care. Not everything has to be showcased, but that's just me.  I'm over it. I'm happy with what I have now. :ladyhaha: 

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵
  • Love 1