Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY | artRATE: the ARTPOP rate

Cruelty

Featured Posts

Cruelty

03Artpop.gif

3 ARTPOP – average 8.70

The highs: 11 x 20 [ @ARTPOPe @Cello @Clarity @Juanlittlem @Julien Lockhart @Head Empty @Zed @JoanneMonster @Butters Stotch @SimonBaetens @bornthisway135 @Papergangstuh @Arcanum @Babylon Dynasty @InTheCloset @TMM90 @Nirvana @ModernEcstasy @Ivy @CatelynnMarie]

The lows: 3 x 1 [ @crackpoppodcast] 

8com.png

ARTPOP’s title track is unlike anything else in Gaga’s discography. Gentle electronics float around a determined dreamscape, as Gaga expounds an artistic vision where visual arts intertwine harmoniously with pop music. The heart of the album, its position right in the middle of the tracklist is essential, acting as a bridge between the lighter first half & the darker second half.

As I’ve intimated elsewhere in the rate, I’m not sure ‘ARTPOP’ quite works as the title track to this album – the album is a paean to love & an investigation of obsession, whilst the ARTPOP ethos of making classical artwork accessible to the public only comes through in the promotional campaign rather than the music itself.

But still, the song has a bold message, a gorgeous clean production & a characteristically grandiose sense of ambition. Gaga reported that she “wanted it to kind of hypnotise people, and kind of become like a mantra”, & ‘ARTPOP’ certainly has had that hypnotic effect on Gagadaily, as it received more 11s than any other song. This was the runner-up for quite a while, but in the end, ‘ARTPOP’ settles for a well-deserved bronze medal finish.

Comments:

Spoiler

@Bronco Giving the instrumental an unofficial 11 ngl – the lyrics are a little gimmicky at times though

@Poltergeist Hypnotizing, dreamy, trippy pop perfection!

@ALittleMonsta its a cute description of what ARTPOP means

@Born This Way It’s so close to perfect, I just wish the instrumental hit a tiny bit harder.

@Ultimecia Immaculate, entrancing. My favorite song on the record and one of my favorite Gaga song of all time.

@27monster27 Over a dreamy disco-influenced instrumental, Lady Gaga takes camp to a new level with this song. Instead of just saying that she wants ART and POP to come together, she makes them have a conversation with each other where they discuss how they will complement each other.

@allanrocks Again, the demo/iTunes festival version sounds way better than the final version.

@Head Empty There's no song like this, and no other artist could've pulled this off. I'll get some of these lyrics tattooed some day.

@Juliandante Another good song. However, due to many reasons (one of them being that English isn't my first language), it's not a song I can relate to, lyrically. To be honest, this is not something I care about when I chose whether to like or dislike a song, but, since we have to rate these songs, I think the relatability of the songs is a matter I can take into consideration.

@ImMatt "Lovers kites are flown on beaches for public sight" is the best line on the album

@Joshua81 Meh. Just love the huge wig she'll wear when performing this.

@TwistedTeeth Powerfully written and the production feels so majestic. It really feels like Gaga is pulling us into a universe that's covered in mystery, but we make it into what we want it to be. Our ARTPOP could mean anything!

@dimitristhe I really like the instrumental and her “hee hee”, her most dreamy and euphoric track.

@InTheCloset lets be honest its an 11

@CatelynnMarie i have SO many memories from this song. it is one of the most ethereal, dreamy, wonderful songs. from swine fest to artRAVE. this song just HITS in a very particular way and puts me in a state of mind that i never want to leave from. my 11. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nk43k1fe095ffgzyuxh

• Love 9
  • Sad 6

heygurlhi

venus wins as predicted but ARTPOP is in no way better than dwuw wierd ass mellow beat with nothing happening song pretendeing to be smart all "leaks" of it was better than it 

Ignore me i drink
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

3 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

03Artpop.gif

3 ARTPOP – average 8.70

The highs: 11 x 20 [ @ARTPOPe @Cello @Clarity @Juanlittlem @Julien Lockhart @Head Empty @Zed @JoanneMonster @Butters Stotch @SimonBaetens @bornthisway135 @Papergangstuh @Arcanum @Babylon Dynasty @InTheCloset @TMM90 @Nirvana @ModernEcstasy @Ivy @CatelynnMarie]

The lows: 3 x 1 [ @crackpoppodcast] 

8com.png

ARTPOP’s title track is unlike anything else in Gaga’s discography. Gentle electronics float around a determined dreamscape, as Gaga expounds an artistic vision where visual arts intertwine harmoniously with pop music. The heart of the album, its position right in the middle of the tracklist is essential, acting as a bridge between the lighter first half & the darker second half.

As I’ve intimated elsewhere in the rate, I’m not sure ‘ARTPOP’ quite works as the title track to this album – the album is a paean to love & an investigation of obsession, whilst the ARTPOP ethos of making classical artwork accessible to the public only comes through in the promotional campaign rather than the music itself.

But still, the song has a bold message, a gorgeous clean production & a characteristically grandiose sense of ambition. Gaga reported that she “wanted it to kind of hypnotise people, and kind of become like a mantra”, & ‘ARTPOP’ certainly has had that hypnotic effect on Gagadaily, as it received more 11s than any other song. This was the runner-up for quite a while, but in the end, ‘ARTPOP’ settles for a well-deserved bronze medal finish.

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@Bronco Giving the instrumental an unofficial 11 ngl – the lyrics are a little gimmicky at times though

@Poltergeist Hypnotizing, dreamy, trippy pop perfection!

@ALittleMonsta its a cute description of what ARTPOP means

@Born This Way It’s so close to perfect, I just wish the instrumental hit a tiny bit harder.

@Ultimecia Immaculate, entrancing. My favorite song on the record and one of my favorite Gaga song of all time.

@27monster27 Over a dreamy disco-influenced instrumental, Lady Gaga takes camp to a new level with this song. Instead of just saying that she wants ART and POP to come together, she makes them have a conversation with each other where they discuss how they will complement each other.

@allanrocks Again, the demo/iTunes festival version sounds way better than the final version.

@Head Empty There's no song like this, and no other artist could've pulled this off. I'll get some of these lyrics tattooed some day.

@Juliandante Another good song. However, due to many reasons (one of them being that English isn't my first language), it's not a song I can relate to, lyrically. To be honest, this is not something I care about when I chose whether to like or dislike a song, but, since we have to rate these songs, I think the relatability of the songs is a matter I can take into consideration.

@ImMatt "Lovers kites are flown on beaches for public sight" is the best line on the album

@Joshua81 Meh. Just love the huge wig she'll wear when performing this.

@TwistedTeeth Powerfully written and the production feels so majestic. It really feels like Gaga is pulling us into a universe that's covered in mystery, but we make it into what we want it to be. Our ARTPOP could mean anything!

@dimitristhe I really like the instrumental and her “hee hee”, her most dreamy and euphoric track.

@InTheCloset lets be honest its an 11

@CatelynnMarie i have SO many memories from this song. it is one of the most ethereal, dreamy, wonderful songs. from swine fest to artRAVE. this song just HITS in a very particular way and puts me in a state of mind that i never want to leave from. my 11. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nk43k1fe095ffgzyuxh

:traumatica:

heygurlhi
3 minutes ago, heygurlhi said:

venus wins as predicted but ARTPOP is in no way better than dwuw wierd ass mellow beat with nothing happening song pretendeing to be smart all "leaks" of it was better than it 

want to amend this by saying the muppets version is a banger 

Ignore me i drink
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Auralegends
3 minutes ago, PMM said:

2 venus
1 guy

/ end 

Not sure if you know how this works... :koons:

But it would've been the best outcome indeed

Edited by Auralegends

2 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

top2.png

Gagadaily, here is your ARTPOP Top 2! Who do you think is taking the crown?

Rooting for Venus :bye:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Auralegends said:

Not sure if you know how this works... :koons:

2 minutes ago, RebeldeFaith said:

GUY is already out :traumatica:

My fault

I thought You all had a better taste

I Am a Joke
  • Thanks 1