Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is this the end?

Featured Posts

So, I’ve made two threads in like a day now and after the whole fiasco that’s happened (I’ve only seen on here as I don’t have Twitter) but I was thinking is the end of Gaga & Little Monsters ?

I’ve been using this site since 2017, became a member in 2019 but I feel something has been brewing since 2019. I started to notice when HL was released certain fans didn’t like it but overlooked it mainly, then of course the Chromatica era where there was very little promo but quite a lot of paid ads. Then the next year or two was fun as we had L4S, HOG, Vegas and of course the CBT.

However this year has been overwhelmingly negative in the fanbase, from the Nurtec ad, HL being promoted, social media/fan communication silence I feel like so many fans are just giving up Gaga and don’t like her anymore, they seem to just think she only cares about money. I won’t lie it makes me sad, I love her and this community so much ! I’m just scared she’ll quit music or just stop everything besides acting.

I also have noticed as artists get older they start to distance themselves from fans a lot more. Look at Taylor swift, her marketing team and promo is perfection and her fans always have something however she used to have fans around her house, talk to them on socials but doesn’t do that anymore so I guess it’s somewhat normal? 

Also please keep this thread negativity free, it’s gets very overwhelming for me at times.

ALittleMonsta

shes an adult now

shes like 36 or 37 years old, nearing 40 years old

its totally understandable that she isnt as close to her fans as she used to be

but shes far from quitting music, in fact, we are almost certain she worked on new music with burn and other producers

she started appearing publicly with paparazzi, performing live for the rolling stones and u2

she is definitely entering a new era, and definitely not gone

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Concertaholic

Trust me, she’s gonna be HUGE again when Joker comes out in a year. Plus we should get some music from that project. I think some people forget it’s supposed to be a musical.

Edited by Concertaholic
  • Love 6

1 minute ago, ALittleMonsta said:

shes an adult now

but shes far from quitting music, in fact, we are almost certain she worked on new music with burn and other producers

she started appearing publicly with paparazzi, performing live for the rolling stones and u2

Yeah I get that, she even said she loves us still earlier this year. Maybe I find it strange that some fans need the affirmation from some they don’t know ? 

Madame Goo Goo

I think everyone who is “leaving” will be back when she releases new music tbh, so I wouldn’t worry. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

You know what, this is actually a perfect thread to celebrate ARTPOPs anniversary because 10 years ago there were literally so many of the same type of threads lmao. This fanbase was in shambles as the ARTPOP era fell apart, it was awful :deadbanana: MANY people were asking 'is this the end' back then too.

But it wasn't the end then and it isn't now. I personally took a huge step back from the fanbase in 2015 because of the negativity and while I certainly followed Gaga I didn't even re-join this site until 2018 when I felt ready again. I had to be in a place where it didn't affect me personally, and that was about my own mental health to be honest. 

There will ALWAYS be negativity but there will ALWAYS be Monsters. If the fandom is affecting you it's okay to take a step back :heart:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

ALittleMonsta
8 minutes ago, ALittleMonsta said:

shes an adult now

you can be thankful shes not like doja with her fans :traumatica:

• Thanks 1

Ultimecia

I ignored the writing on the walls for a very long time and clung to the hope that "one day, she would be back." But what this debacle taught me once and for all, is that it's time for me to let go of that part of me that still "stans" and idolizes her. This person does not exist anymore, and it's OK.

I just feel disappointed, because I never thought she could ever get this out of touch as a person - from what we are presented and get to see of her.

She might still be one of - if not the best - singer on the planet, but I don't think she has much of an artistic voice left for now. I still hope to be proven wrong, but I have accepted that she's basically just a celebrity now.

And with that, having poured my heart out - I'm done bumming out on here about this situation.

Edited by Ultimecia
typo
Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

I say I‘m over her every 5 business days since 2014 (mind you I’m a stan since 2007) yet I‘m still here 

Edited by Max
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sine From Above said:

the whole fiasco that’s happened

What fiasco? I promise you nobody outside stan Twitter and this forum cares about the whole ARTPOP thing. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin locked this topic