Featured Posts

plane jane
Just now, HookerOnAChurch said:

I think many of her songs top Bad Romance, for instance: 

Applause 

Dance In The Dark

The entire Born This Way album 

many songs on Chromatica 

plus, i know many of you would disagree but the production of Hey Girl is superb. 

ohhhh, i don't know tbh... I think BR is a pop masterpiece, the hook, the bridge, the refrain... it's just perfect imo. It's a literal formula and blueprint for a pop record!

obviously, Gaga has many other iconic and great songs, I'd say that Marry The Night almost matches the level of boldness that BR has! don't agree that anything on Chromatica comes even close to it tho...

also, thank you for your nice words about Hey, Girl omg!!!!! it's so rare seeing someone actually appreciating its production because it's flawless idc idc 

• Like 3

Head Empty

Bad Romance was such a perfect storm both musically and culturally, so I can't see any other song passing it.

There are Gaga songs that I love equally, but none of them had the same lasting impression.

• YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 1

HookerOnAChurch
3 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

ohhhh, i don't know tbh... I think BR is a pop masterpiece, the hook, the bridge, the refrain... it's just perfect imo. It's a literal formula and blueprint for a pop record!

It is a pop masterpiece, Bad Romance chanced the rules, it's not just a pop masterpiece but a music masterpiece, a cultural reset in pop music under every aspect. Maybe it's inflationated.. I don't know but she has better songs. 

• Love 1

HookerOnAChurch
7 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

also, thank you for your nice words about Hey, Girl omg!!!!! it's so rare seeing someone actually appreciating its production because it's flawless idc idc 

That song is pure perfection. every time I listen to it I discover something new in the sound and production. 

• YAAAS 2

Babylon Dynasty

Applause concept is superior but bad romance is pop perfection.

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖
  • Like 1

Babylon Dynasty
11 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

obviously, Gaga has many other iconic and great songs, I'd say that Marry The Night almost matches the level of boldness that BR has! don't agree that anything on Chromatica comes even close to it tho...

Hey Girl stans RISE :firega:

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖
  • YAAAS 4

Gorehound

Ok, Bad Romance is pure alternative pop genius, and anyone with half a brain knows that. Nothing else in pop sounded anything like it at the time. Even the king Alexander McQueen used it as the music for his final Plato’s Atlantis show.

Unfortunately as fans we’ve been completely overexposed to the song that it’s become tired. If it was released tomorrow (with more current music production), it would top most of her discography and Applause easy.

Applause is also great tho. To this day it still sounds fresh, but it’s not on the level of Bad Romance (nor is the video).

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1

Gorehound
46 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Bad Romance and it’s not even close. Applause is an interesting piece of ephemera (probably a bit too self-referential) that functions better in the performance art of the era of ARTPOP than it does within the broader context of her catalogue, imo.

I love how eloquent you are :max:

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 1

Anderson123

Bad Romance and it's not even close.

42 minutes ago, Blackout19 said:

free woman says hi

and no one said hi back.

• LMAO 2

Gorehound
34 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

Not to mention "Perfect Illusion". Production wise is far better than Bad Romance. 

Technically it's not, but it is cleaner with a fresher style.

I'm fine, Ta

Gorehound
44 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

...was so ahead of it's time, so flawless, innovative, fresh and crazy at the same time. 

You're also describing Bad Romance here. A lot more than Applause honestly.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Thanks 1

Controversiaga

R u kidding me?

applause, I’m sorry honey LOL

It’s a no brainer 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Thanks 2