Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Which Lady Gaga album would you recommend a non-Monster?

danbekim

Featured Posts

vitoburrrito

I guess it depends on this friend's music taste but I would say The Fame + Fame Monster dual disc is probably the best starting point as those contain her most iconic songs. If they're more into traditional pop/90s female country artists, maybe Joanne. If they're into 80s music, BTW. If they're into EDM, ARTPOP and Chromatica. If they're into Jazz..C2C and LFS. If they need a Thanksgiving playlist, A Very Gaga Holiday...

King of the Fall

Depends who I was recommending it for. The average person, I would go with Fame Monster, it is iconic and has lots of her signature songs. For a music snob/elitist, Born This Way, as it is a more rounded picture of her overall talent and has some killer guitar heavy tracks like Electric Chapel.

Edited by 4th Street
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

nswain1110

Unless they've lived under a rock, I'd imagine they'd at least be familiar with the singles from TF/TFM so I'd skip it. I'd have them listen to BTW, Chromatica and Joanne. I think most music fans appreciate Joanne, even if it's not one of her most successful albums. And BTW & Chromatica are different enough to show off her chops and songwriting on a broad spectrum.

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

RochestrMonstr

Joanne and ASIB have Easy-listening qualities that probably make them the safest choices overall. 

But then Chromatica or Born This Way if it’s someone who specifically wants something electronic. EDIT: TFM would be a really good one for this purpose as well. 

Edited by RochestrMonstr

Cruelty

Honestly I'd just make a playlist. Each album is doing something entirely different and has its own pros & cons. Depends what kind of music your friend is into. The Fame has the hits but I don't think the deep cuts have aged well; TFM is sleek pop but BTW is more maximalist; ARTPOP if they like the EDM Influence; Joanne for the authentic songwriting; Chromatica for a cleaner modern production.

It's like, if you wanna hook someone as a Gaga fan for life, they need to hear 'Heavy Metal Lover', but they also need to hear 'Venus' but they also need to hear 'Dance in the Dark' but they also need to hear 'Angel Down'. With Gaga, the variety is the point – she's a chameleon! Let your friend sample some of everything*, then maybe we'll be welcoming another Little Monster to the fold :pawsup:

*okay maybe not the jazz albums. Not straight away at least :lolga: