Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica

Blackout19

Featured Posts

HookerOnAChurch

- Stupid Love was the perfect choice as the lead single and the production is sublime. 

- Fun Tonight is way underrated 

- Babylon is overrated 

- Free Woman would been a perfect choice as the final single 

- After BTW and The Fame Monster is Gaga's best album 

- The whole production is fantastic 

- Sine From Above should have been a single instead of 911 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

LG7 time now
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't understand what fans mean when they say this. It's one of her best produced albums.

Well, it’s because it’s a matter of taste 🥸 I just find the production bad, basic, and more importantly EMPTY

• Like 1

Anderson123
12 minutes ago, The Z said:

Well, it’s because it’s a matter of taste 🥸 I just find the production bad, basic, and more importantly EMPTY

That means you don't like the music then, the final product. "A matter of taste" doesn't really explain it. But I do understand and respect what you mean though.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Thanks 3

Gorehound
1 hour ago, Red said:

I caused havoc posting this in a similar thread and here we go again:

The tracklist order is bad

That's interesting

how would you rearrange it?

I'm fine, Ta

Gorehound
27 minutes ago, The Z said:

I wouldn’t call the production "bad". It’s the slickest and neatest of her albums, very modern plush dance beats and the soundscapes are spacious and atmospheric. But yes I agree that doesn’t stop the music from being basic and pretty bland overall. It totally lacks edge.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1

skedaddleBItCh

Also, a lil bit of addition, but also the recent hate it gets on social media is the most baffling thing I've ever seen:triggered: with the most baffling takes ever as well. 

If it was promoted well w/o the darn pandemic, fans would be putting it on a pedestal. I'm serious. Yes, fans can't really separate the music from the era itself and that's okay, because promotion, live performances, etc. are part of the experience but it's just sad how most of those fans don't even try to appreciate the music they got and would just run it over and **** on it without any second thought when their expectations for the era wasn't fully realized.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

androiduser
2 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't understand what fans mean when they say this. It's one of her best produced albums.

Because best and worst is subjective.... it's not a mathematical formula.

31 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

That's interesting

how would you rearrange it?

Chromatica I

Alice 

Stupid Love 

Sour Candy 

Enigma

Chromatica II 

Fun Tonight

Replay

1000 Doves 

Rain On Me

Chromatica III

Sine From Above

Free Woman

Babylon

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Gorehound
30 minutes ago, Red said:

Chromatica I

Alice 

Stupid Love 

Sour Candy 

Enigma

Chromatica II 

Fun Tonight

Replay

1000 Doves 

Rain On Me

Chromatica III

Sine From Above

Free Woman

Babylon

cool I'll give it a listen in that order

I'm fine, Ta

crazygato

Her weakest album along with Joanne. In a way it's sort of like Madonna's MDNA in that it tries to "reintroduce" the artist to a new generation. As if they were their debut eras for that generation. But so watered-down!

I only go back ocasionally to Enigma and ROM. Even then theyre still rather weak tracks. I can live without it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KillerMonster

Plastic Doll is Dance In The Darks little sister. The synths are similar. It gets to much unnecessary hate. 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vitoburrrito

1. Singles should have been: Enigma, Rain On Me, 1000 Doves, and Replay. 

2. The remixes of Free Woman and Fun Tonight on Dawn of Chromatica are improvements on the original tracks. 

3. I fully support Gaga and her mental health and pursuit of other ventures, but the Chromatica Ball film should not be taking this long. 

• Like 1

Ophelia

911 video was great on paper, but it lacks the visual oomph. Many of the scenes look flat, its color scheme is a bit boring.

Rain on me vid is miles better and in fact, it is stunning. The opening scene alone >>>>>>> 

So many people say Enigma at TCB was a tour highlight, I don’t get the hype tbh.

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Like 1

King of the Fall

Not unpopular opinions, just some of my thoughts.

1. Stupid Love is the worst single Gaga has ever released.

2. Babylon is far from the best track on the album (feels like Vogue if Vogue was mediocre)

3. BloodPop production gets too much hate

4. The entire album is brought down by the fact that Gaga seems obsessed with trying to show off her range. Girl, we get it, you can sing! now stop trying to sell it so hard. 

5. TCB is a more of a true reflection of what Chromatica album was all about than the stupid concept of some fictional planet.

Edited by 4th Street
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 2

Chromatica era marketing/funding strategy was meant to have more partnerships with diff brands I think. Aside from Oreos, LG, Apple etc.... there is even like Fortnite and some others i think that didnt come into fruition.. It felt dragging for Gaga me thinks

• Like 2