Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Which era had the best live performances?

Dennis

Which era had the best live performances?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Which era had the best live performances?

Featured Posts

For me, it was The Fame without a doubt. So many iconic performances. The way she consistently slays choreography and vocals... I feel like she was on Beyoncé's level in this era

Edited by Dennis
  • Thanks 1

Tyler1992

I think 1. Born This Way had the most interesting, high concepts and creativity. It also had the most variety, she performed EVERYWHERE and didn’t stop with only a few songs- we got Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, You and I, Hair, Marry The Night, Heavy Metal Lover. 

2. The Fame had iconic moments, Paparazzi live elevated it into iconic heights.

3. The Fame Monster- It’s rated so high because it was bookended by The Fame and Born This Way. 

4. Joanne was a CAMPAIGN! Making Million Reasons a hit was by sheer determination. 

5. ARTPOP had incredible performances, but there was an obvious dark cloud that limited it. 

6. Chromatic had the most potential, but obviously the pandemic soured what could have been. It would be rated higher, but obvious reasons lowered it.

Edited by Tyler1992
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

I think it has to be Born This Way. She was at her best of maintaining insane vocals while doing killer choreography. 

BTW at the Grammys, MTN at the Manchester benefit concert, You and I at the VMAs, Judas on Ellen, The Edge of Glory on American Idol – literally every single got multiple high octane live performances, but I feel like her experience really shines through in them. Her dancing feels a lot more confident and polished than during TF/TFM. 

• Like 5

Battle 4 Ur Life

the right answer is winning . I expected no less from this cult site. :pawsup:

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

RochestrMonstr

Ouch that Chromatica’s single live performance was able to get it more votes than ARTPOP, which had quite a few diverse performances! 

I went with my Joanne, even if it was only Million Reasons who got the Million Performances! I love how that era went upward later instead of being front-loaded like the previous ones 

Edited by RochestrMonstr
  • Like 1

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Born This Way. she was everything she was during the fame monster and heightened, and as artsy as she was during ARTPOP, but less colorful and more edgy. 

faysalaaa

There is something special about The Fame era, you wont be able to understand or experience unless you lived it at the time. 

Edited by faysalaaa1
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Nathaniel Arven

aside from the beginning years i'll always remember ARTPOP as something vivd, strong, with her own message. She was screaming for helps and she had already changed the music game so she went under the radar for the GP but for me there are so many quintessential things in that era. 

Spoiler

-when she did dope after breaking up with that label puss

-the whole artrave live (talking about the one for the launch of the record with volantis)

-she closed the roseland three times. 

-the glockenspiel on Chatty man

-the punk feather dwyw

-the Lengentina dwyw.... 

-the "i know you think i'm not enough and it hurst me'' dwyw.... 

-the first ARTPOP was airing live on streaming !! (omg the first version of sexxxx dreams was my whole life for two weeks)

-the MUPPETS..... The WHOLE MUPPET THING.... With ARTPOP ELTON JOHN.... da****s. 

it was the hardest time to be a fan of her. Most of the people i could share my passion with had abandoned the ship... But going back to that i think we really SLEPT on the majesty of that era. And we still might all be. 

• Like 3

Nathaniel Arven

maxresdefault.jpg

i wish to go back in time and be one of those poppies so effen bad it's deep under me and i don't even know why. 

Edited by Nathaniel Arven
  • Like 2

Rat Boy
27 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

maxresdefault.jpg

i wish to go back in time and be one of those poppies so effen bad it's deep under me and i don't even know why. 

Remember her pulling the wig off the witch. :lmao:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1

Chlorine
58 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

maxresdefault.jpg

This was so hideous :giveup:

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hyperobject

I’m torn between TF/TFM and ARTPOP, because those were the ones I was the most excited about in terms of live performances tbh

in late 2009/early 2010 she was living and breathing art idc idc that was peak Gaga

in 2013 she was serving camp idc idc high camp, yes! also, I truly adore every single live performance of DWUW… I hate how much I adore this song lol

also, iTunes Festival? I haven’t been excited about a music event that much since then ngl 

Joanne, for me.

Saying that each era (including jazz eras) have great, great musical performances. Minus Chromatica - that VMA performance was okay by Gaga’s standards, but nothing remotely close to what excellence she can give and that’s all we pretty much got. 

Whereas Joanne era gave us Super Bowl, Victoria Secrets Show, Royal Variety, AMA, Grammys, Alan Carr performances.  

• Like 1