❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
series

Reason Marvel shows have sucked revealed

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Through it all, the company eschewed the traditional TV-making model. It didn’t commission pilots but instead shot entire $150 million-plus seasons of TV on the fly. It didn’t hire showrunners, but instead depended on film executives to run its series. And as Marvel does for its movies, it relied on postproduction and reshoots to fix what wasn’t working.

Even though they remain, along with Star Warstitles, the most watched shows on Disney+, Marvel series have recently faced a number of creative challenges and cries of diminishing returns from critics and audience metrics, causing a major shift at the studio to move to make TV shows the more traditional way.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-marvel-disney-1235614518/

It’s an interesting article. Basically, Marvel shows have been made in the laziest way possible and they’re now going to go the traditional route because Kevin Feige saw the results of the new Daredevil show and was like, “Yo, this is actually ASS. We can’t release this.”

• Like 4
  • LMAO 4

bionic

so they put zero effort into producing a quality product, and then accused viewers of being racist/sexist/homophobic for identifying it as trash

buy bionic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

CoolTrainerTerry

Honestly, I've enjoyed everything they've put out up till now, but I understand why some people haven't been fans recently. 

• Like 1

En_Sabah_Nur
1 hour ago, bionic said:

viewers of being racist/sexist/homophobic

Well, most people are nowadays...

We are living in the Trump Era!  🤷🏾‍♂️

Egypt. W

RahrahWitch

That actually explains a lot :billie: 

It's been so hit or miss for me, I thought Wandavision was one of the best recent marvel projects but then you have something like secret Invasion that I struggled to even finish.

• Like 3

En_Sabah_Nur
7 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

That actually explains a lot :billie: 

It's been so hit or miss for me, I thought Wandavision was one of the best recent marvel projects but then you have something like secret Invasion that I struggled to even finish.

I struggled to even watch Wandavision!  Got halfway through the 3rd episode, and turned it off!  SMH  🤦🏾‍♂️ 👎

Egypt. W
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 2

Reality

After reading the article, it's kinda crazy to think how unprepared they were for TV. No showrunners, they didn't do pilots or make show bibles, they would swap out producers and creatives, there was rarely a consistent team to steer the direction of the show, etc. I'm sure the deal the WGA got helped to facilitate this kind of restructuring. I've actually enjoyed most of the D+ shows, but after how terribly received Secret Invasion was, they probably decided it was time to make massive changes.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Reality
1 hour ago, bionic said:

so they put zero effort into producing a quality product, and then accused viewers of being racist/sexist/homophobic for identifying it as trash

How do they accuse viewers of being racist, sexist, and homophobic? I see some fans doing that (and frankly sometimes it's justified), but Marvel themselves haven't insinuated that.

Rat Boy
17 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

I struggled to even watch Wandavision!  Got halfway through the 3rd episode, and turned it off!  SMH  🤦🏾‍♂️ 👎

You have to watch at least a few more episodes before everything starts to make sense! 

Edited by Rat Boy
"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Rat Boy
14 minutes ago, Reality said:

How do they accuse viewers of being racist, sexist, and homophobic? I see some fans doing that (and frankly sometimes it's justified), but Marvel themselves haven't insinuated that.

I think they're talking about She Hulk ending - that really triggered a lot of fans. :rip:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

Reality
23 minutes ago, Rat Boy said:

I think they're talking about She Hulk ending - that really triggered a lot of fans. :rip:

She-Hulk, in general, triggered a lot of fans :billie: I don't think it was the best MCU D+ show, but I do think it received an unnecessarily large amount of hate just because it was She-Hulk and she was a woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chromatislaps
2 hours ago, bionic said:

its the same with Star Wars, it's getting better because of initial backlash, but film executives didn't care for lore or stories. Hopefully the backlash will also result in Marvel getting fixed.

the last thing i LOVED was wandavision but everything else is just a slog to get through, it's getting way too much to try and piece together as a whole story like the infinity saga was

the last MCU thing i watched was MoM and that was pretty mid, imo...

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1