💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Marilyn Manson settles rape lawsuit

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Marilyn Manson and a woman who sued the singer for rape have reached a settlement before it could go to trial next week. Adam Wolf, the attorney for the woman who filed as a Jane Doe, filed a notice of settlement with the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, on Wednesday. The lawyer will submit a request to dismiss the case within 45 days.

Doe’s suit, filed in 2021, alleged that the singer, whose real name is Brian Warner, raped her and deprived her of food, sleep, and a sense of safety. She claimed he threatened to “bash her head in” if she reported the abuse, which she said occurred in 2011.

“I was fully prepared for trial and never in a million years thought I would ever settle, but over the past two-and-a-half years I have silently endured threats, bullying, harassment and various forms of intimidation that have intensified over the past few weeks,” Doe says.

“Marilyn Manson attended my deposition, and I was forced to answer seven hours of aggressive questioning with him staring at me from across the table. I’ve been told that this almost never happens, as it’s cruel, and that a main reason for it would be to intimidate and inflict emotional distress on a victim.

“I never cared about money and only ever wanted justice, but if we had gone to trial, I could have lost my right to anonymity and been victim-blamed on a large and public scale,” she adds. “Most importantly I could have risked losing the freedom to tell my story, and that is worth more than anything in the world.”

The terms of the settlement are not public. Warner’s attorney, Howard King, said “This plaintiff has now agreed to drop her suit in exchange for an insurance payment representing a fraction of her demands and far less than the cost to Brian of proceeding to trial.”

The settlement marks Warner’s second such deal this year. In January, he avoided litigation with Game of Thrones star Esmé Bianco with a settlement. 

Cockroach of GGD
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 5

The Fame

"Marilyn Manson attended my deposition, and I was forced to answer seven hours of aggressive questioning with him staring at me from across the table. I’ve been told that this almost never happens, as it’s cruel, and that a main reason for it would be to intimidate and inflict emotional distress on a victim."

Why did her lawyer allow this? Like seriously...

PartySick

She should have been allowed to drag him to trial. Ugh...the world is so ugly for SA victims...I hope the cash can do something, anything to help her move on and heal. And I hope people leave her tf alone.

💚
  • Like 1