other

Gaga Eras in Order of Popularity

crazygato

Featured Posts

PartySick
4 hours ago, Cavadour said:

That's really when I became aware of Gaga. AHS, then Joanne, ASIB... At the same time, I backtracked her whole career, buying albums, watching and downloading everything online ravenously and obsessively as I never did since long time ago, for the rock heroes of my teenage.

I connected with some songs of TF, TFM, BTW, ARTPOP... But generally speaking, these eras as whole, don't speak to me as much as the recent stuff and the more mature Gaga, the halftime show, the jazz singer, the actress... Chromatica, well... the album, was an obvious nod to the her early days and was kind of a blank shot to me until TCB, of which I felt much more enthusiastic.

Anyway, I imagine what it must have been emotionally for all of you, younger monsters, when she appeared 15 years ago, taking the pop scene by storm, with her revolutionary music and persona. But I must say I'm more in phase with what she does today, the upcoming Joker 2, the Vegas residency, her collab with the Stones, HL even... So I kind of disagree with the emphasis I witness so often on GGD about her early career, praised as the best she did. Don't get me wrong, I also really get why most of you feel strong links with her early stuff, even though in my pov, the attitude sometimes looks like a reluctance to change, a nostalgic refusal to evolve with her.

To answer the op, I think the best Gaga era is the next one. I'm looking forward to everything she does. I love her deeply and I love the way she evolves. Her mainstream recognition is so well deserved and I don't think it casts any kind of shade upon her path. Just the opposite.

To some of you, little monsters of the first hour, who spend time to criticize, or doubt everything she does nowadays, grow up and have more faith in you queen, cause her worldwide reign spreads today over all generations, past and future.

Oh, I'm right there with you tbh. I jumped on the stan ship just in time for Swinefest.

FameGa never piqued my interest nor did Fame MonsterGa. I didn't tune in for BTW either so I personally missed/didn't care about those eras :emma:

But Swine spoke to me :bradley: and it set in motion the "I will unconditionally love everything this woman has done or will ever do" mode.

These days, I care less about her as an entertainer. I wouldn't have even gone to TCB if it weren't for the people I went with and I have very loose plans to go to Vegas but she's not part of those plans.

I do adore her as a person though and I always will :flutter:

doesn't matter what you think the order should be. Everything was iconic and commercial, except for artflop. We all agree it's low or last place. Reflection of how shallow the music was, and the cringe attempts to stay relevant turned everyone off. Less is more approach turned her whole career around. Rip Joanne ♥♥♥♥♥

₊˚ ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨୧ · · ♡ · · ୨୧‿︵‿︵‿︵ ˚₊
  • Sad 1

JoanneMonster

1. TFM

2. TF

3. BTW

4. ASIB

5. ARTPOP

6. Chromatica

7. Joanne

(Sorry but this is the only right order in terms of popularity)

I See You
  • Like 1

JoanneMonster
11 hours ago, GossipBoi said:

doesn't matter what you think the order should be. Everything was iconic and commercial, except for artflop. We all agree it's low or last place. Reflection of how shallow the music was, and the cringe attempts to stay relevant turned everyone off. Less is more approach turned her whole career around. Rip Joanne ♥♥♥♥♥

talking about cringe…

I See You

Agunimon

1. TFM - Her at her peak.
2. BTW - Her continuation of her peak.
3. ASIB - Resurgence following Joanne especially. 
4. TF - Everyone wanted to know who Gaga was.
5. Joanne - Million Reasons and the Super Bowl performance were massive and swayed her back in the GP favor and set her up for success with A Star Is Born.

I don't think the following eras were very impactful in terms of her popularity and I don't have much to say about them:
6. Chromatica
7. ARTPOP
8. C2C
9. LFS

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 2:20 PM, JoanneMonster said:

talking about cringe…

gaga-sxsw.gif

• Sad 1

TimotheeChalamet
20 minutes ago, GossipBoi said:

gaga-sxsw.gif

Your points are valid (people were really turned off by Gaga at the time) but there's nothing cringe about this gif: she was in a bad mental state during the whole performance

15 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Your points are valid (people were really turned off by Gaga at the time) but there's nothing cringe about this gif: she was in a bad mental state during the whole performance

I'm not here to bash Gaga, I was rooting for her and the album to succeed at the time.