💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Taylor Swift General Discussion

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

Controversiaga
1 hour ago, Railing said:

Pretty disappointed by these developments; basically rewarding the pretentious haters on the forum instead of warning them to stop being so obsessive :rip:

Honestly- I agree.

this is a pop culture forum.

how come Taylor has to be a mega thread but Haus of Taste gets its own Tag and can make tons of Thirst Threads that have nothing to do with actual music or movies and it’s just shirtless men or feet ? @ChicaSkas only @‘d you cause you replied earlier, so this is not directed towards you but to the moderation team as a whole.

a Taylor mega thread is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Edited by Controversiaga
Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Agunimon
3 hours ago, Bat said:

Love this thread, but what will the rest of GGD do now? :ladyhaha:

They will still come here.

bionic
1 hour ago, Controversiaga said:

Honestly- I agree.

how come Taylor has to be a mega thread but Haus of Taste gets its own Tag and can make tons of Thirst Threads that have nothing to do with actual music or movies and it’s just shirtless men or feet ? @ChicaSkas only @‘d you cause you replied earlier, so this is not directed towards you but to the moderation team as a whole.

I am sure the mods will allow independent threads if they're actually something threadworthy. 

I agree that realistically Haus of Taste should get the same treatment but at least their subjects are diverse (as in different people, not so much skin color)

buy bionic
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Controversiaga
27 minutes ago, bionic said:

I am sure the mods will allow independent threads if they're actually something threadworthy. 

I agree that realistically Haus of Taste should get the same treatment but at least their subjects are diverse (as in different people, not so much skin color)

Omg that last sentence is legendary . 

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, Railing said:

Pretty disappointed by these developments; basically rewarding the pretentious haters on the forum instead of warning them to stop being so obsessive :rip:

Ok so I may have been a little forward in making a mega thread for her but I did agree that there were a LOT of threads over this past month that were all TS threads and it would be nice to contain them somewhere. 

That being said new news should be posted. We are talking in Modland right now about leaving this thread as a TS chat thread and allowing some new threads that are newsworthy like the TV threads, any new album announcements, and things like that. But to keep the site organized better, some discussion like Taylor opinions you have could be kept here so it's mainly centralized. 

The mods are all talking it over now 

I may have been overeager to make 1 megathread :)

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Love 6

ChicaSkas
2 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Honestly- I agree.

Sorry..I remember a time when we had them. I can count 8 threads right now that are all TS related. I thought it was a good idea but to tell the truth but @SharkmanthaC brought up some great points and you did too. Perhaps we can leave this as a general discussion thread and then if TS does do some newsworthy stuff it can be posted about in its own threads for sure. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Love 3

ChicaSkas

Leave it to me to mean well :deadbanana:

"Ooh a mod thing I can do that will help!"

Do something because I meant well :ladyhaha:

And completely make it 10 times worse :sara:

• Love 3

Controversiaga
7 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

We know you meant well! 
But truthfully, I’d rather see a Thirst Megathread instead of a Pop singer mega thread on this Gaga-centered-pop-culture forum 

• Like 1

• ChicaSkas changed the title to Taylor Swift General Discussion
Okinawa
9 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

welcome to TaylorDaily:glamourpuss:

you mean TheTaylorTimes :unicorn:

8 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

..., we are gonna put all the Taylor related stuff in here for now and any new Taylor news can be merged in if someone posts somewhere else :D

how lucky am I that my last Taylor topic was graced to see the light of the day as an individual singular topic before the big merger!

hero-tswift-candle.jpg

3 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Honestly- I agree.

I can understand that non-Taylor fans are frustrated and annoyed by Taylor topics since some get posted into Conversation Area and Gaga forum. I think non-Taylor fans would be much less annoyed if all Taylor topics were posted into Entertainment forum and not Conversation Area, where they actully belong to. And then they wouldn't feel the need to complain. Don't ya think so? So I think just like you it should be topics in forums and not a mega-thread - but in the appropriate forum.

It is the job of the Mods to make sure and move topics, so that there are no music topic about a singer in Conversation area @bionic @ChicaSkas & others, because from a point of observation, CA is about 30% like Entertianment area. Don't destroy the  new topics in future, just move them to right place.

It kinda defies the purpose of having an Entertainment forum, if one singer (who happens to be the biggest on the planet right now) has one mega thread. The forum is for this and all other singers that are not Gaga. Gaga remains unaffected by all this because she has her own forums. All in all , I don't really see a problem with that.

35 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

I can count 8 threads right now that are all TS related. I thought it was a good idea but to tell the truth but @SharkmanthaC brought up some great points and you did too.

I think this can all be solved if all entertainment topics are in the forum to which they belong and Conversation Area remains a No-Entertainment-zone.

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~

bionic
12 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

I support the original decision :neyde: 

buy bionic

ChicaSkas
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

I support the original decision :neyde: 

Which one was that :ladyhaha:

Juanlittlem

I can't see the point of this, I do get this is a Gaga forum but every artist has been posted on the forum as well, the amount of threads Taylor get wouldn't be that much of a problem if people who don't care about her stop engaging with them. 
Why can't they post stuff about her albums/opinions they have about something Taylor-related in a normal thread? I'm no Taylor Swift fan but I do keep up with stuff she does and I don't see the point of having to read a megathread just to see if there's something I want to read/answer. 

Bey got a thread for her tour, do one for The Eras Tour and merge all the threads people create about that in there maybe? 

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❀ Teletubby.

I don't think a megathread is a good idea. Different topics are different topics. Her concert tour is worthy of  a thread. Any album release is worthy of a thread. Maybe we could have a general thread about how wonderful she is and then a simultaneous general thread about how mediocre she is (for people like me). But then I know I'd be tempted to trespass on the wonderful thread and the swifties would be all over the mediocre thread. Maybe Gaga could just release an album. Anything at all. Nursery rhymes .... anything... just so long as she's singing.

bionic
31 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

I can't see the point of this, I do get this is a Gaga forum but every artist has been posted on the forum as well, the amount of threads Taylor get wouldn't be that much of a problem if people who don't care about her stop engaging with them. 
Why can't they post stuff about her albums/opinions they have about something Taylor-related in a normal thread? I'm no Taylor Swift fan but I do keep up with stuff she does and I don't see the point of having to read a megathread just to see if there's something I want to read/answer. 

Bey got a thread for her tour, do one for The Eras Tour and merge all the threads people create about that in there maybe? 

I agree have a tour megathread, album release megathreads etc. I know its a hard job for mods to decide what topics are 'threadworthy' but TS questions are really spamming this site atm so even as a temporary measure I support keeping non-substantial opinions/think pieces/questions in one general discussion thread

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1