LunaUniverse

Featured Posts

Butters Stotch

Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

I'm gonna cry so hard watching this...

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC
  • Like 2

Onlygaga

It’s going to feel weird watching this without tony being here with us, but I’m really excited. I’d love to see their friendship in a more personal way. Im sure Gaga will have some great memories to share. :hug:

• Like 1

NATAH
3 hours ago, DontCallMeAlice said:

Everyone on this site :laughga: Btw my intention wasn’t to come off rude regarding Tony’s passing. She just lost her close friend and it’s very sad. I can’t wait to watch this documentary about their 10y+ friendship. I just fear it’s gonna result in her not releasing the CBT film and/or scrap it, kinda like she did with the original LG5 when Bowie passed away. 

bowie passing had nothing to do with the change of direction for Joanne tho

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

This is too soon 

Seeing how his son describes things,

there has been a plan in motion and laid out by Tony himself on what to do with his legacy and music/content during/after his battle with Alzheimers and his death/loss.

The son clearly states it himself 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

When someone lives to such a beautiful age and is sick for a very long time, the family is in a sense ready for his dead. Of course, it's still painful and debilitating but these are completely different emotions than at the moment of sudden death. So the information about the documentary doesn't surprise me at all. It will be a beautiful tribute to an amazing artist.

• Like 12

Bloody Matt
6 hours ago, DontCallMeAlice said:

like she did with the original LG5 when Bowie passed away. 

I don’t think this ever happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bowman
4 hours ago, JoanneMonster said:

some of you are making a huge deal about what everyone is saying. Yes it is very sad that tony has passed away, Im sure he was a great person and a very good friend to gaga. 

That being said, he was almost 97 and he was ill. This wasnt unexpected for anybody.  The documentary could have been planned to be released after his death. I’m sure Gaga is sad but again, he was 97, her and tonys family were prepared for this

This exactly, everyone including Gaga was prepared for this day. When they sang together at One Last Time, Gaga probably felt this day would come soon, her eyes looked very teary, Tony was 95 years old and performing with Alzheimer’s. He lived a long life, 96 is a good age 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 2

TimotheeChalamet
6 hours ago, DontCallMeAlice said:

kinda like she did with the original LG5 when Bowie passed away. 

the only thing that was influenced by Bowie's death was the medley at the Grammys, which was originally supposed to be a medley of her hits. 

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 3

COOOK
7 hours ago, G U C C I said:

I will obviously love to see this documentary but at the same time it just feels really weird to suddenly announce it’s release the week he passes and it’s streaming debut a month later. Like was it held for this purpose? To be released after he passed? 

It's cold but this is how TV works, especially in newscast. The moment someone's in a fragile state they pull out that person's archive and get ready all the material they can for when the time comes. His family certainly have had some rollout planned out too. If you look at it this way they're honoring him, as opposed to not air a single thing- which I think this is a disservice to his legacy.

• Like 4

candydarling

I think it would be better if they released it next year when cheek to cheek turns 10 - it's literally in september - and gives some time so it doesnt sound like they are profiting from his passing? I get that his son approves, but we dont know him... Anyway, I'm more interested in this than chromatica, so whatever I guess

edit: ok now I read his statement and it actually sounds amazing and the right timing, maybe it didnt have anything to do with his death? If it starts at ARTPOP, maybe it was 10 years ago actually and a better way to encapsulate what actually was the ARTPOP era rather then just releasing an act 2 or whatever you guys belive wil happen lol

Edited by candydarling