💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Non-drinker Blake Lively sparks backlash with launch of alcohol brand

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Blake Lively, who does not drink alcohol, has sparked backlash from fans after launching her own line of canned alcoholic cocktails.

Lively took to Instagram on Wednesday to announce the release of her new cocktails, Betty Booze, which are made with “sparkling bourbon” and “sparkling tequila”.
The launch of the alcoholic beverage brand comes 2 years after Blake launched her company Betty Buzz, which makes sparkling, non-alcoholic mixers.

In her Instagram post announcing the new line of drinks, she could be seen holding a tray of three Betty Booze cocktails. In the caption, Lively admitted that drinking is not her “thing” while praising the “homemade recipes”.  “Drinking isn’t my thing. But for f* sake, flavour is,” she wrote in the caption. “Homemade recipes. Real fruit. Real ingredients. Quality booze. No crap. Also a real time saver. Which is why I really did it.”

The announcement of Lively’s new endeavour has sparked a debate among her fans and followers, with many questioning the A Simple Favor star’s decision to launch an alcohol brand when she doesn’t drink.

“I don’t understand not drinking but having a line of booze? Genuinely confused,” one person wrote, while another said: “I don’t get why you would promote alcohol if you don’t drink. So you can serve them to others at parties? Very odd choice.”

A third wrote: “If just flavour is ‘your thing,’ and not drinking, why, oh why on Earth do you endorse an alcoholic beverage?”

According to someone else, it’s “so lame” when celebrities who don’t drink “suddenly promote alcohol”.
source

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 5

Healed My Heart

Same situation as J Lo :flop:

I wish these celebs would instead invest in non-alcoholic cocktails for non-drinkers! I can't drink alcohol for medical reasons, and I always wish for a delicious and easy mocktail to have when I'm with others who are drinking. But alcohol is the money maker I guess 

She/her 💗💜💙
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Controversiaga

That’s kinda weird, ngl. I am sober and I wouldn’t desire to make a profit off people who could potentially struggle with alcoholism.  Of course not all the potential customers are alcoholic and know how to drink responsibly, which is great … but 

as a non drinker, like Blake, I’d rather be a little more creative and come up with a product that I am passionate about and confident will bring joy, not misery, to people, like alcohol can and does for so many, whether they realize it or not…

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 3

Jester

The inability to foresee how such an obviously wrong business move would be perceived by the public... speechless

Edited by Jester

Catnikko
18 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

Same situation as J Lo :flop:

I wish these celebs would instead invest in non-alcoholic cocktails for non-drinkers! I can't drink alcohol for medical reasons, and I always wish for a delicious and easy mocktail to have when I'm with others who are drinking. But alcohol is the money maker I guess 

This is just my opinion but non alcoholic cocktails confuse me, I don't think ones with alcohol taste that good to begin with so idg the point of paying for a mocktail instead of just having a nice drink that wasn't meant to be alcoholic to begin with xD they usually charge the same price for mocktails as cocktails also

Edited by catsounds
Dancing in the shadow of the meow

holy scheisse

I’m more bothered by her use of the English spelling of flavour. :traumatica: SCAM you’re American stop with the cultural appropriation 

jk she didn’t spell it that way in her own post lmao

on topic though shes peddling non alcoholic drinks as well so people need to chill lol

Edited by holy scheisse

RichAssPiss

If you think any celebrity line is more than a cash ploy, you're lying to yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

NATAH
3 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

who caaaaaarrrrreeeessss

like honestly

another celebrity grabbing a paycheck, that's all

i don't even think millie bobby brown uses her own skin care line

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Economy

It does come across as nothing more than a business venture for easy money since it doesn't make sense that a non-drinker could possibly be passionate about alcoholic drinks

But at the same time I also don't get the issue. I wouldn't bat an eye at this. 

Just like u don't have to like a product u sell or produce at ur workplace I don't think being in business for one is any different. It's a product. Meh big deal

• Like 1

TheSine
12 minutes ago, Wallach said:

Is the backlash in the room with us? :oprah:

I'm backlash.Tom Hanks Hello GIF

🖤TheSine🖤

Breathe Fame

As a sober person I just wanna say I do not have a problem with this as all. Play the game, make your money. 

- love you

RAMROD

Well, I guess it adds more confidence when someone who know their liquor are the one selling them. Cos you definitely won't ask for information on those subjects to non drinkers. 

I feel like she will ask a lot of question to her husband on this subject matter, since he also runs a liquor business and drinks. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡