Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

What is the special project that Gaga is talking about?

Quark

Special Project   

258 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Special Project

• Joker Movie
    • Top Gun Maverick
    • LG7
    • Upcoming Movie
    • Other

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, Red said:

I think she was referring to either Top Gun or Love for Sale

The fact that those were both recorded and released years ago would suggest otherwise.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jack3257

If it were joker, she probably would have just said it.  My money is on an EP to tie in with something (maybe TCB film or a new Vegas show).

Tyler1992

I think it’s the new album.

Being open and straight up saying LG7  puts unnecessary pressure and hype on her to rush it as soon as possible. Giving her the ability to take her time and honour her creative process can only mean more quality and perspective on what it is she wants to release.

Gaga has always intentionally and/or unintentionally hyped her albums too long before their respective releases. Her confirming their existence just makes fans anxious, in turn she has to deliver.

Her saying “special project” diverts that pressure to prematurely complete an album. 

Economy
1 hour ago, Tyler1992 said:

I think it’s the new album.

Being open and straight up saying LG7  puts unnecessary pressure and hype on her to rush it as soon as possible. Giving her the ability to take her time and honour her creative process can only mean more quality and perspective on what it is she wants to release.

Gaga has always intentionally and/or unintentionally hyped her albums too long before their respective releases. Her confirming their existence just makes fans anxious, in turn she has to deliver.

Her saying “special project” diverts that pressure to prematurely complete an album. 

Well before their respective releases Gaga full out said:

Btw Single: "Anthem for our generation"

BTW Album: "Album of the Decade"

ARTPOP: "Album of the Century"

That hyping sounded extremely intentional to me :toofunny:

Tyler1992
24 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well before their respective releases Gaga full out said:

Btw Single: "Anthem for our generation"

BTW Album: "Album of the Decade"

ARTPOP: "Album of the Century"

That hyping sounded extremely intentional to me :toofunny:

She didn’t hype Joanne until much closer to release, but definitely talked about LG5 too soon. Chromatica she hyped, but it seemed as she was circling its completion. Hence “and/or”

But my statement agrees with you about Born This Way and ARTPOP.

I think she’s learned her lesson that Monsters are savage and will run away with the hype.

Economy
4 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

She didn’t hype Joanne until much closer to release, but definitely talked about LG5 too soon. Chromatica she hyped, but it seemed as she was circling its completion. Hence “and/or”

But my statement agrees with you about Born This Way and ARTPOP.

I think she’s learned her lesson that Monsters are savage and will run away with the hype.

Yes. ARTPOP was the last album she hyped the sh*t out of

But those two were definitely excessive and the hyping was clearly intentional but it backfired in her face so I also think she learned her lesson and stopped doing that afterwards 

When u hype an album for a year and a half and promise everyone that it will be God's gift to mankind (figure of speech) of course u set the bar so high for some people that you can never meet it and disappointments are not surprising

I remember in my last year of highschool I was so hyped for the BTW single that I woke up at 6am so I could listen to it before going to school and I remember being low-key upset that I lost sleep to listen that that mediocre crap :ladyhaha:

Of course I do not think of the song as "mediocre crap" looking back at it now. It was just the thought I was having at the time cuz I was so underwhelmed and I sacrificed sleep for something that I could of just listened to when I got back home (data on phones wasn't a thing back then and my school still blocked YouTube at the time :ladyhaha:)

ImMatt
4 hours ago, Economy said:

I remember in my last year of highschool I was so hyped for the BTW single that I woke up at 6am so I could listen to it before going to school and I remember being low-key upset that I lost sleep to listen that that mediocre crap :ladyhaha:

Of course I do not think of the song as "mediocre crap" looking back at it now. It was just the thought I was having at the time cuz I was so underwhelmed and I sacrificed sleep for something that I could of just listened to when I got back home (data on phones wasn't a thing back then and my school still blocked YouTube at the time :ladyhaha:)

I love stories like this :kara:

I also find I dislike some Gaga songs on first listen, purely because I'm so hyped up. I often wonder what it would be like to experience an era as a casual fan again and see if I enjoy it more or less without the chaotic stress of being a little monster :ladyhaha:

XXEENN

The time between now and Joker coming out would be perfect for an EP and I think this is what she is referring to.
She could perform the new songs at Enigma 2.0 (ofc if that rumor is true)

OMonster

I’m surprised that some think she was referring to an already released project (ie - HMH or L4S). She ends the post with “I hope you love all the things I’ve been creating for you”, which refers directly back to the yet-to-be-released ‘things’ she referenced earlier in her post: 

“I wrote and produced music for a special project, I prepared for months developing my character for ‘Joker,’ I filmed ‘Joker’ for many months (a very introspective time), and additionally have been working on the Chromatica Ball film edit”. 

These are all ‘things’ we haven’t ‘seen’ yet and it doesn’t make sense for her to say “I hope you love all the things I’ve been creating for you” if she’s referring to content that's already out there.

Anyway, all of this to say: the “special project” clearly isn’t L4S or HMH. It’s not the Joker soundtrack either, as she makes a clear differentiation in her post between this “project” and her work for Joker. 

I also don’t think she’s referring to the Paul McCartney song because she’s already written and recorded that… and if she re-recorded the vocals, I don’t think she’d describe it as “writing and producing music”, since it would be for just one song and the "writing" is largely done. 

Personally, I think she’s either referring to LG7 (but doesn’t want to publicly confirm that yet), an EP or Act II. I lean mostly towards an EP or LG7 because Act II wouldn’t necessarily see her “writing” much music. If this “special project” kicked off last summer, it also confirms what most of us thought: in that TCB really did reignite her passion for being “Lady Gaga”, which I think would correlate with her working on some new original material. 

I don’t really see Gaga as an EP artist anymore (which is ironic, considering the huge success of TFM) so I do think she’s probably referring to LG7. I just don’t think she wants to publicly confirm that yet because it would create a lot of pressure on her to get it finished.  

subtext / fantasy

TortureMeOnReplay
On 6/16/2023 at 11:28 PM, catsounds said:

i legit think it's a collab or fashion music remix or something bc if it was lg7 she would say lg7, 'special project' screams I'm telling you all in advance it's a special project not an album so please don't think it's lg7 :laughga:

I feel like she's learned over the years to keep that information more private though. She didn't even really want to tease Chromatica, she wanted it to be a surprise. But she was pressured in interviews and leaks and gave in. I could almost see it being a visual album, but if her art director and choreographer are just now meeting together that means they haven't filmed yet and the film would be ready around the same time as Joker which I feel like rules that out. I guess it could be possible the picture of them together is from last year and the visual album is nearing completion now. We need the little investigators to tear apart pictures for more info. I'm not seeing an EP because she's barely released a single on a whim. I feel like she'd take her time with musical projects and an EP wouldn't allow that. 

Reality

Maybe the special project really is LG7...:hmm:

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

AnglerfishbraBENUS
On 6/16/2023 at 9:35 PM, Staryu17 said:

Seriously though I don't think it's Joker related since she used a comma after mentioning the film 👀

LG7? Broadway? ARTPOP (Venus Reloaded) who knows ?::vegas:

Broadway would be interesting af

Starmie25

Also weren't some reliable insiders teasing July? However maybe that'll be for The Chromatica Ball film due to next month being a year since the first show..

onionring
On 6/17/2023 at 3:02 PM, PlayGaga said:

For me, the whole thing is going in a slightly different direction. With the Dom Perignon ad in collaboration with Woodkid, I think it's very much going in that direction. As far as I know, Woodkid is currently involved in the Death Stranding 2 project with Hideo Kojima.
https://www.kojimaproductions.jp/en/interview-with-Woodkid
https://www.thegamer.com/hideo-kojima-woodkid-death-stranding-2/
(If links are not allowed, please delete them).

To get an impression of how something like this could look like:

This is just my idea that maybe Woodkid, Lady Gaga and Hideo Kojima got together to work on the soundtrack for Death Stranding 2.

Came here to say that it's probably woodkid related too as he has implied that the ad was the first time that they worked together but perhaps not the last or something like that. Honestly my closest bet would be a woodkid co-produced project either for a game or a fashion related event. 

Or like someone mentioned on another thread perhaps it's the Paul McCartney project that she was featured on that's currently in development inferno but why not I'm throwing it in as wild card.

Archived