💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes Got Backlash For His Upcoming New Single Cover Art

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

That cover art is from the natural disaster event happening to New York City currently, from Canadian wild fires.

20230609-094412.jpg

Comments:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1

ALGAYDO

If his song is commentary on the climate change/pollution crisis, how is this in bad taste? Like, would people prefer a generic photo of him with some edits/filters? Wouldn’t that be tone-deaf? Or is the fact that he wrote a song about the climate crisis just bad in of itself? 

I did chuckle at the thought of his song having absolutely nothing to do with the state of our world and him using this serious event as a way to shamelessly bring attention to his new song :rip:

• Like 25
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Ziggy

Lowkey if the song isn’t about climate change this cover would be funny af like hahaha how silly and cringe

BLACKOUTbritney

Please be a dance-floor club track that has nothing to do with climate change. I'd be GAGGED!! :ororomunroe:

• LMAO 20

27monster27

If it's about Climate Change then this is a big statement. If not, then it's a bit of a yikes from me.

he/him/his
  • Like 2

TheSine

Twitter does not have average human intelligence to understand what a statement is. However, if it ends up not being related to all the tragedy going on, uh oh. 

🖤TheSine🖤
  • Like 11

monstertoronto

I just listened to the song. The first two lines are “smoke is in the air, the city is burning” or something. It was so on the nose I thought it was literally a song about the wildfires. But then the lyrics just pivot to a standard breakup song. Lol. Very strange cover to use for the song.  It feels like he’s using the smoke in the air crisis as a metaphor for his breakup. 

• Like 8
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 5
  • Thanks 1

COOOK

me listening to the opening line thinking this was gonna be a global call out song, but then he immediately pivots to... a predictable disappointment.

hieronymus

it's giving c̶h̶a̶i̶r̶ anna faris in just friends or russell brand in forgiving sarah marshall

Edited by Hold My Ham
typo
  • LMAO 1

Teletubby

I wonder if he's lying that he wrote this just hours before the release:max: It takes some time to get a song approved by Spotify, other platforms and record label...

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

Queen Gloria

He's so lukewarm/vanilla. What's so wrong with him doing this? That's about as "shocking" as he's ever gotten, lol. The people who are outraged are probably the same ones laughing at all the memes on twitter about it. 

Edited by Queen Gloria
  • Like 1

Robo Ga

Y'all are offended on behalf of who... Mother Earth...? Like lol let him do what he wants

🤖⚡️
  • Like 1