Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: ARTPOP (2023)

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

Now that ARTPOP is gonna be 10 "years old", what are some of your opinions about this album? 

Me:

- Unfortunately, the only good thing I can say about this album is that Do What U Want is the only good song. :franminervini:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 6

Lucas

Still don't like it. Sounds like a playlist of random songs put together. There are some bad production mistakes like the autotune on Sex Dreams, ARTPOP and Manicure which make her sound soulless while she should sound sexy and raw.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 6

ALittleMonsta

Manicure for me is the polar opposite of soulless!

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Still don't like it. Sounds like a playlist of random songs put together. There are some bad production mistakes like the autotune on Sex Dreams, ARTPOP and Manicure which make her sound soulless while she should sound sexy and raw.

• Thanks 2

Little Monstera

- One of her best album :firega:

- Some fans hate on this album just because they think that Gaga herself somehow hates it

- The instrumentals are amazing

- It has some of her best songs ever in her discography (Venus, G.U.Y., Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, DWUW, Applause)

• Like 10
  • YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 3

NATAH

i don't think gaga hates this album as much as everyone thinks she does

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 14

Helxig

I really love this album. But some of that might be nostalgia. But there are sooo many strong songs imo. Sexxx Dreams? Venus? Fashion? MJH MANiCURE Aura Swine Dope Gypsy... come ON :giveup:   maybe the production could be smoothed out a little, and the songs are all so different to each other, but I still love these songs so much :messga:

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

Starmie25

* This album really ain't as "dAteD" as many make it out to be. Many tracks could easily drop today and fit in nicely in the electronic/hyperpop world. :huntyga:

* ARTPOP the song is her most ethereal (sonically) track to date. We don't talk bout it enough.

* "DWUW" the song (all versions) are a bit overrated by GaGa fans. She has better material 

* Venus live over the studio version :giveup:

* Aura > Burqa 

* The demo of "Sexxx Dreams" is kinda empty compared to the studio one. 

* ARTPOP also received a **** ton of performances, yet fans ignore them which is kinda sad.

* There'll probably never be a unanimous decision on this album and era as a whole. :enigma:

Edited by Staryu17
  • Thanks 1

Lumiere

- Production-wise, it's not really ahead of its time. If anything, it tried to follow the edm trend that happened in 2012 but it was already too late.

- Gaga should have retained the angry vocals in the demo version of Aura.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Starmie25
52 minutes ago, Lumiere said:

it tried to follow the edm trend that happened in 2012 but it was already too late

This is the one criticism on ARTPOP that i will never understand.

There's like 2-3 songs max on ARTPOP that are the closest to EDM thou? And big electronic/EDM bangers were still smashing on the charts even after ARTPOP dropped. 

Edited by Staryu17
  • Like 5

Helxig
23 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

* This album really ain't as "dAteD" as many make it out to be. Many tracks could easily drop today and fit in nicely in the electronic/hyperpop world. :huntyga:

* ARTPOP the song is her most ethereal (sonically) track to date. We don't talk bout it enough.

* "DWUW" the song (all versions) are a bit overrated by GaGa fans. She has better material 

* Venus live over the studio version :giveup:

* Aura > Burqa 

* The demo of "Sexxx Dreams" is kinda empty compared to the studio one. 

* ARTPOP also received a **** ton of performances, yet fans ignore them which is kinda sad.

* There'll probably never be a unanimous decision on this album and era as a whole. :enigma:

I forgot to mention ARTPOP :smh:  ARTPOP my love

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Juniper

I could never dislike it, but aside from her jazz albums it’s the one I played the least. I agree the instrumentals are amazing. But the album lacks cohesion so it’s like 15 different moods and I can’t really listen from start to finish without feeling like I’m listening to a playlist of random songs. Individually, most of them work out great. Applause is one of her best songs performed live. The whole era just feels traumatic to me because of what she went through. 

skedaddleBItCh

It's a great album, but it's not as "futuristic" or "timeless" as stans make it out to be:alsemanche: I would understand why some love it tho

Fans of this album are generally err loud, most of them trying to bring other albums of hers down

Was overhated during it's time, now it's just overhyped

Applause is one of her best songs and is one of her best lead singles

ARTPOP, the song, is also one of her best songs

There's no concrete concept in the album at all...

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭