Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: Joanne (2023)

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

I am curious what is your unpopular opinion about Joanne, now?Ā 

Me:

- Is my second favorite album from her. I really hope at some point, Gaga will make another album like this.Ā 

- Perfect Illusion is the perfect lead singleĀ 

- Hey Girl is one of the best songs from Gaga ever

- John Wayne is really a great music videoĀ 

- Joanne World Tour is amaaaaazing

Joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • YAAAS 5

Noah

- One of my favorite Albums of hers, it has so many layers and really showcases Gaga in a more human light than the past few Albums.Ā 

- I think the aggressive Perfect Illusion and the sad Million Reasons kinda robbed the fun that this Era could've been (Justice for A-YO, John Wayne, DIC etc. as Singles) -> however Gaga wasn't really in a good Place during this Album cycle, so I get it.

- The JWT was a good Greatest-Hits Tour and really helped her align herself with the Gaga Character, feeling less of a disturbance between the two.

- I also hope Gaga comes back to this sound, however with a more Rock approach. I also wouldn't mind if she mixes it a bit with her Electro-Pop Sound.Ā 

- Joanne undid the damage that ARTPOP did and solidified Gaga as a serious Artist.

āŸ” ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†šŸ¦¢ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†āŸ”
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

JazzGa

-- Sinner's Prayer are Gaga's best lyrics hands-down, it is a CRIME that she didn't include this song on JWT!!

-- Hey Girl is a BOP with tons of replay value, one of the best songs on the album (I agree with u, fellow genius!)

-- Perfect Illusion wasn't a strong enough song for Gaga to even buy the demo from Kevin Parker/Tame Impala, let aloneĀ be the lead single :crossed:

-- Gaga should collab with Father John Misty more

God created Adam and Eve, but Gį»dga collabed with BrianšŸŽŗ and StevešŸŽ·
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blackout19
1 minute ago, JazzGa said:

- Hey Girl is a BOP with tons of replay value, one of the best songs on the album (I agree with u, fellow genius!)

:holdmyhand:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, JazzGa said:

-- Sinner's Prayer are Gaga's best lyrics hands-down, it is a CRIME that she didn't include this song on JWT!!

Ā 

That song is amazing. Sad that it's not fan favourite or even hate by fans. Everyone just forgot about it. But I listen it almost everyday.

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

-I love joanne! not my all-timeĀ FAVE album but I really don't understand why people actually hate it. It's not for everyone but HATE is a strong word.Ā 

-I think Hey Girl is a really beautiful song and her and florence's voices go so well together. I think it might be my favorite track on the album but it's so tied with dancin in circles or sinners prayer.

-I would FREAK OUT if she did another album with a sound anywhere similar to this. I think a rock album would be really cool.

Overall I think the albumĀ as a whole is sooo underrated and deserves more credit.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Franch Toast

Joanne is one of my favorite albums.

Diamond Heart deserved to be a single.Ā 

Angel Down and Just Another Day are two of my favorite LG tracks. I cried when she sang Angel DownĀ at the Dallas show, especially because it was so unexpected.Ā 

She/Her/Hers
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Levine

Sinner's Prayer best song of the album and top 10 of her discography.Ā 

Her fans should be thankfulĀ for this album because it gave the GP a new prospective of her and her talent (with Million Reasons performances) and from that moment she repeaked.

Perfect Illusion is a great lead single, it's not her fault people don't have taste anymore.

I can't rank her albums because it changes all the time, but this is for sure top 3 material.

Ā 

Ā 

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

GAGASEXUAL

Not an unpopular one but it is the worst Gaga album.Ā :classy:

Edited by GAGASEXUAL
  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

Ultimecia

I have too much trauma directly linked to this album / era to have objective opinions on the matter. :traumatica:

The only thing I'd say is that it is a great if not bland album, given Gaga's standards. (just as an example, C2C era had way more charm and personality than Joanne ever had.)

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Love 1

HookerOnAChurch

- It's her best album after BTW and Chromatica

- It's way superior to TFMĀ 

- It's the only Gaga album you can relax and dance toĀ 

- Hey Girl is one of her best songs and the production is just amazingĀ 

- Just Another Day is a great pieceĀ 

- Perfect Illusion is one her best lead

• Love 1

skedaddleBItCh

An amazing album, an amazing era, and a phenomenal tour:holdmyhand:

Sinner's Prayer is one of her best songs and really showcased her songwritingĀ 

Diamond Heart should've been the lead single although PI is still an amazing songĀ 

It does not deserve the disrespect it gets:traumatica:Ā The album as a whole does not get appreciated enough imo

Hey Girl, Come to Mama, and Just Another Day are not bad songs at all

Sonically, it deviates away the most from what Gaga usually releases especially with the second half of the album (which is just entirely different)

It's a cohesive album

Ā 

šŸ‡µšŸ‡­ą¼¼;Ā“ą¼Žąŗ¶ Ū ą¼Žąŗ¶ą¼½šŸ‡µšŸ‡­
  • Love 1

rinasawachanta

- Two of the album's best songs (or, perhaps, the best) are precisely the ones most dragged by the fans: Sinner's Prayer and Just Another Day.

- Diamond Heart should've been the lead single.

- It would have been interesting if Gaga truly committed to the stripped down concept. I think the album falls halfway down precisely because of that lack of guts to fully take that direction.

- While the album got a bittersweet reception from fans (and didn't make critics go crazy either), it's pretty solid and the album era gave us the iconic and unforgettable Superbowl and a very good live tour.

- Having said all this, the truth is that I have very rarely listened to it again in its entirety. Still, I think it's a more respectable album than its infamous predecessor.

Edited by rinasawachanta
  • Thanks 1

COOOK

its songs have more timeless quality than the rest of her albums. they never sounded fresh nor dated, itĀ just is, lasting in time