Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica (2023)

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Queen Gloria

1. Stupid Love is underrated/hated for no reason. I love the 80s/90s style of the production and the music video visuals. The colorful Power Rangers/anime vibe gave me life.

2. I never cared for Sine From Above or Plastic Doll. I like to think my superior taste in music confirms that those were the two weakest album tracks she decided to ditch.

3. Love Me Right should've been on the main album and replaced Sine From Above. It had the potential to be one of her best/biggest singles but she's following the Kylie Minogue curse of saving her best material for b-sides/demos. 

GIF by Isola dei Famosi

Edited by Queen Gloria
  • Thanks 2

Tyler1992

-Chromatica did great things for Gaga commercially, a return to form after ARTPOP and Joanne.

-Enigma (the residency) is a part of/the beginning of the overall Chromatica era.

-The short songs work perfectly. 

-The Chromatica theme (chromatic scale/chromatic colour theory) is genius and one of her best concepts. Sine From Above is genius lyrically, and the outro of pure sound is god tier. 

-BLOODPOP deserves a lot more credit from Little Monsters.

-Fun Tonight and Plastic Dolls are commentary about little monsters about how they’ve treated her, and how the industry has affected her.

2School4Cool

- Stupid Love was the perfect lead single

- Fun Tonight is the best song on the album

See The Best In Everyone
  • YAAAS 1

RiverColaLight

Free woman demo version >>>>

Plastic doll is underrated.

I prefer most Dawn of chromatica remixes

Her wearing pink wigs and clothes all the time got stale fast

Edited by RiverColaLight
  • Like 1

Space Cowboy

I listened to Replay maybe a handful of times and I will never listen to it willingly again.

• Shook 1

MonsterofFame

Stupid Love shouldn't be on the album. It sounds like BTW and early ARTPOP era production.

Wasting lead single on Stupid Love was a terrible decision. Imagine if Rain on Me or Sour Candy were lead singles. 

Plastic Doll is one of the best songs on the album.

The mixing on Chromatica is terrible, and hasn't been good since TFM. I really wish Gaga would ditch her mastering and mixing team. Use Serban Ghenea like every other Grammy artist does these days. You can hear the difference. 

• Thanks 1