💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Cher to release 'Man's World' Deluxe Edition

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Cher's critically-acclaimed classic album It's A Man's World is being reimagined as a special deluxe limited-edition vinyl box set that features a remastered version of the original 14-track UK album on 2 LPs, as well as a newly compiled double LP containing eleven rare remixes. A previously unreleased and HD remastered director's cut of the "Walking In Memphis" music video is out now 

Cher_Deluxe_Packshot.jpg?w=1200
The 4 LPs in the limited-edition box are each pressed on a different colored vinyl (red, blue, green and yellow). The box includes an exclusive, numbered lithograph of an iconic photograph of Cher. The deluxe album will also be released digitally and as a 2-CD set. The majority of the remixes are available digitally and on vinyl for the first time. source

It's A Man's World – CD 1 and LPs 1&2
Walking In Memphis
Not Enough Love In the World
One By One
I Wouldn't Treat a Dog (The Way You Treated Me)
Angels Running 
Paradise Is Here
I'm Blowin' Away
Don't Come Around Tonite
What About the Moonlight 
The Same Mistake 
The Gunman 
The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore
Shape of Things To Come
It's a Man's Man's Man's World

It's a Man's World – Deluxe CD 2 and LPs 3&4
One By One (JF Vasquez Club Vocal Mix)
One By One (JR's Pride Mix)
One By One (Piano Dub)
One By One (With Melle Mel)
The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore (Trevor Horn Remix)
Walking In Memphis (Shut Up and Dance Vocal Mix)
Walking In Memphis (Baby Doc Mix)
Paradise Is Here (Garage Revival Mix)
Paradise Is Here (Sunrise Mix)
Paradise Is Here (Runaway Mix)
Paradise Is Here (Glow Stick Mix)

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Love 2

Cavadour

My absolute fav Cher album ! UK and US editions have very different mixes of many songs, but overall, both albums are very well produced. Compact arrangements, great mixes and a bunch of wonderful songs. A bit more rock-pop oriented than disco dance, like she did after Believe.

I love Cher anyway. She's a queen and her voice is a pure delight. Anything she sings is fantastic. But It's A Man's World will always have a special place in my heart. Can't wait for this dlx ed release!

EDIT: With this album, I convinced some of my friend who were not into Cher to listen to find out the sultry and soulful vocals they never took time to listen to. Fact is, Cher never has been so popular in Europe as she is in US. A pity.

Edited by Cavadour
Late to the party but I got a diamond heart
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
Cavadour

Just got it. Wow. Beautiful remaster. Chiseled sound and production. Just listen to that nearly 30 yo pop-rock masterwork incredibly standing the test of time. Goosebumps. Cher's voice is soooo good, each song make me teary. This album is blissfully perfect from the first to the last song. Among my desert island CDs choice, for sure (with that particular X-Files episode, ;) of course!)

Now for my personal taste, I don't really dig the dance remixes on CD2 (already featured on a bunch of singles released in 95). A better choice could have been to remaster the US edition, which contains many alternate remixes of some songs. Not nearly as good as the UK edition (this remaster) imho, although still interesting and well crafted enough to feature in what might have been the 3CD Ultimate Edition Box Set of this incredible and so underrated album.

Edited by Cavadour
Late to the party but I got a diamond heart