đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna VS Her Label 2001 (Amazing/Impressive Instant)

27monster27

Amazing VS Impressive Instant  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you have picked as a single?

• Amazing
    • Impressive Instant

Featured Posts

27monster27

I was inspired by the recent Alejandro VS Dance In The Dark thread to make this topic. In 2001, Music was originally supposed to have a fourth single. Madonna's management was set on Amazing. Madonna, however, felt that Amazing was too similar to Beautiful Stranger and opted for Impressive Instant. Neither side could get what they wanted, so Madonna's label decided to push for Amazing and just use tour footage for the music video. Madonna revolted by removing the song from the set list of the Drowned World Tour, and the idea of a fourth single from Music died there. Impressive Instant would, however, be used as a club/dance promo single in September 2001.

Who do you agree with here? Would you rather have had Amazing or Impressive Instant as the fourth single?

he/him/his

bionic

Impressive Instant for sure. 

there’s no world where I’d pick amazing. 

II should be on more Madonna tour set lists 

buy bionic
  • Like 1

elijahfan

Impressive Instant is one of my favorite tracks from Music, but I'm not sure how it would've performed as a single. Amazing is definitely more straightforward, but I agree it doesn't bring anything new compared to Beautiful Stranger.

Alfonso

I would've chosen Paradise instead, I don't know how it would've performed but I feel it would be better than Impressive Instant

Reject False Icons

Amazing all the way :excited: like it’s so dreamy and perfect for a smooth evening road trip like a getaway from your life and feeling in the clouds :legend:

i know the vibe is kinda similar to beautiful stranger but it could have been the 5th single, did they ever pull out a music video for it??? I don’t recall anything

so sad Madonna never performed it or probably has any good feeling for it after that situation, 

• Love 1

Anderson123

Impressive Instant is one of my favorite songs from Music but not sure it'd have been single material, sounds a little bit too experimental. It'd have been a risky move but I think they should've gone for that because Music and Don't Tell Me carried the album really well and it's not like they desperately needed another big hit.

27monster27
2 hours ago, bionic said:

Impressive Instant for sure. 

there’s no world where I’d pick amazing. 

II should be on more Madonna tour set lists 

It was supposed to be used at the Sticky & Sweet tour, but it got cut and (most likely based on the intro audio) replaced with Like A Prayer. The audio and backdrop leaked.

he/him/his

bionic
10 hours ago, 27monster27 said:

It was supposed to be used at the Sticky & Sweet tour, but it got cut and (most likely based on the intro audio) replaced with Like A Prayer. The audio and backdrop leaked.

the LAP performance was a serve so i wouldn't know which i'd prefer :giveup: 

buy bionic

• 2 months later...
crazygato

I would have picked both and get rid of "What It Feels Like For a Girl". That song was so unecessary and boring, like nobody remembers it. So the era would look like this: 

1. Music (September 2000)

2. Dont Tell Me (December 2000)

3. Impressive Instant (March 2001)

4. Amazing (July 2001)

androiduser

Impressive Instant, such a missed opportunity, it easily could have been the second or third single, can't believe the record label didn't see this.

crazygato
37 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Impressive Instant, such a missed opportunity, it easily could have been the second or third single, can't believe the record label didn't see this.

I have a feeling the label wanted a straightforward pop song after the nothingness of WIFL***, and Amazing was the logical choice. Idk why they even chose WITL*** as a single, so boring and unecessary. I would release Impressive as the 3rd single and Amazing as the 4th and final one.